• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Aiii

So not worth it
That would be a terrible idea. The announcers job is to enhance the talent. Plus this would get old very quick.

Punk and JBL would be alot better at enhancing the talent than Cole and King will ever be. For one, they would probably actually know the names for the moves and not just shout incorrect ones that are somewhat similar or just none at all.

Unless we're counting "UGH" and "WHAT A THROW" and randomly talking about anything but the two people in the ring as enhancing the talent. Maybe the snickering through complete lack-of-humor Cena promo's enhances the show for some people, but I for one legit want to turn Raw off whenever they do it.

Ithil

Cole knows most of the move names. Maybe not the more obscure submissions or suplex variations, but he knows the majority of what he tends to see on RAW.
It's pretty obvious they're told not to call all the names, on the main roster.

I just got around to NXT and Banks vs Bayley was pretty flipping good. Really shows where the NXT guys excel in that they build up off of their past confrontation and are constantly learning how best to work with each other/improve themselves. Then you have Nattie and Layla who have been in the company for a long time and have zero chemistry in a dull match.

Aiii

So not worth it
I guess the problem I have most with Cole it is his complete lack of being able to fake emotions. I just can't buy what he's selling. Wether it's shock, horror, laughter, passion or whatever, none of it ever seems like it is real.

Ithil

I just got around to NXT and Banks vs Bayley was pretty flipping good. Really shows where the NXT guys excel in that they build up off of their past confrontation and are constantly learning how best to work with each other/improve themselves. Then you have Nattie and Layla who have been in the company for a long time and have zero chemistry in a dull match.

Nattie coasts on her name 90% of the time, Layla tries pretty hard but she's limited. I don't think she ever recovered fully from that knee injury.
It's funny how they had the usual "Divas" match, a few basic moves (nothing for the individual), lot of down time, rest hold, sudden finisher, very little in the way of pacing or interest. Then the developmental girls Sasha/Bayley had a fast paced match that moved through a variety of moves smoothly, and with a really good finish.

I can only call that the Sara Del Rey influence appearing, they're just a lot less limited. I wonder who the road agent is for the NXT women.

jred2k

Cole's serious voice is basically the audio version of this:

755528918.gif

Ithil

Yeah, Cole is not a good actor. And sadly their play-by-play trainees are being modeled after him.
He does have flashes of brilliance though. Kind of like the announcer version of Cena, usually coasts with bleh performances, a bad actor, but occasionally pulls out some amazing stuff.

Aiii

So not worth it
Love this:
- As noted before, midget wrestler Short Sleeve Sampson is booked for Sunday's WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view, likely in the WeeLC match between Hornswoggle and El Torito.

Sampson will likely be the special referee for that match.

We do know that WWE was looking at many other midget wrestlers & personalities, before they scheduled Sampson, so it's possible they have something planned with more midgets besides Sampson, Torito and Hornswoggle.

More midgets!

Ithil

I hope they cull from more Mexican minis, so they can actually work with Torito. Hornswoggle actually tries pretty hard in these matches, but I don't think he's physically able to move that well so there's only so much he can do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never really thought about it until now but the perfect analogue to Gail Kim's WWE run is Ric Flair's first WWF run.

BHZ Mayor

I'm currently watching some videos of the HHH/Orton WM25 feud. Is this this only time the entire McMahon family have been faces at the same time?

Ithil

There's a weird disconnect between commentary and match for the Torito/Swoggle matches. JBL is really shitting the bed hammering the "joke" into your head nonstop ("get it, they're midgets and we're calling it epic?"), they're calling it as a total comedy thing, but really, Torito and Hornswoggle aren't wrestling a comedy match, they're really just going for a regular wrestling match.

So either tone down the commentary, or turn up the comedy. It's not fitting right now.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I wouldn't mind a Usos vs Wyatt Family program.

Harper and Rowan need something to do on their own and there's 0 heel tag teams outside Rybaxel

strobogo

Banned
Kings Island: Still dope. The Banshee is no fucking joke. That's the first ride that ever made me feel like I might throw up. Diamond Back is still the GOAT for the amount of times you get zero gravity going. And the Beast is still the Beast.

But I do have some bad news and I'm directing it directly in your direction, Laserfrog: I was going to get a caricature of the one and only LOU THESZ, but none of the caricature artists were out today. Had time to hit up my local Mexican place, which hard mariachi bands tonight. Eagerly awaiting the food coma. Probably gonna watch Jaws.

SUNNY, did you see my 3 panel gif comic gif panel I made specifically for you?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently the girl who did makeup for that MK Remake on gaming-side is someone I went to school with, and she's also either ON Impact or part of it. That's so fucking weird. Goddamn that's weird.

I sent her a friend req on fb a few years ago when I was turning 30 - she was one year older than me. A little time later I saw that she was celebrating a 26th bday - my ASS, lyin' girl!

EDIT: I did not Stro

ggnoobIGN

Banned
What are they hanging above for the WiiLC match?

Didn't WWE try a midget division in like 08? Did it ever even make tv? Wouldn't mind seeing again. I like watching El Torito honestly.

There's a weird disconnect between commentary and match for the Torito/Swoggle matches. JBL is really shitting the bed hammering the "joke" into your head nonstop ("get it, they're midgets and we're calling it epic?"), they're calling it as a total comedy thing, but really, Torito and Hornswoggle aren't wrestling a comedy match, they're really just going for a regular wrestling match.

So either tone down the commentary, or turn up the comedy. It's not fitting right now.
It's 100% fitting. You get the best of both. I've been impressed with both the comedy and the wrestling by everyone involved.

@LanceStorm: Trying to connect my Wii to my Wifi. It finds several Wifi networks but not mine. Any suggestions on what I can do? Other devices work.

Top Bottom