• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Scottify

So, Ultramantis Black has himself a grind band. Who knew? Not my cup of tea metal-wise. Not too awful though.

Ultramints Black Grind Band
RVtSM15.jpg

Bowser

WRESTLEZONE EXCLUSIVE

It's a "race to the top" for the world title over the next year among Reigns (duh), Wyatt (duh but I fear Cena will kill his heat), and
Bad News Barrett (...I'm down with that)

Cagey

Banned
That's the appeal of Korean fried chicken. A lot of flavor and crispy skin without the grease of American fried chicken.

I was surprised to see how lean Okada was, and it wasn't swimmer or runner lean. Styles probably had more muscle mass than Okada. Tanahashi's physique is fantastic. KUSHIDA's face still has some baby fat to it, which makes him a literal babyface.

I still think Styles just doesn't fit right in the Kevin Nash/Hollywood Hogan role in Bullet Club. It seems like he's trying too hard to be this cool heel.

The Bullet Club had this bagged cereal derivative of the late 90s feel. Hey kids, if you like nWo and DX and remember the Kliq, why don't you try... BULLET CLUB! Same great taste but half the cost!

I don't have much exposure to them from NJPW, but going from the ROH show, they seem to peddle exclusively in late 90s "cool heel" nostalgia. I'm not asking for something brand new, but it was painful.

So guys, I just had a very, very scary thought.

With WWE's stock plummeting and the company becoming a very wary proposition for investors, and with Vince McMahon being who he is and never blaming himself, he may blame himself on the easiest target he can find. Not his upper management, not his WWE Network's problems and relatively low subscription numbers, no. His champion. And with Daniel Bryan being blamed for low buyrates before and punished because of it, his injury could be the perfect opportunity to get things back to the status quo, someone investors and the general public would be happy to see as the face of the company.

Which is why, I have a very bad feeling that at the end of Payback...

Photo-of-the-Day-John-Cena-Is-WWE-Champion-After-Defeating-The-Rock.jpg

The champ is here.

RP912

Banned

With WWE's stock plummeting and the company becoming a very wary proposition for investors, and with Vince McMahon being who he is and never blaming himself, he may blame himself on the easiest target he can find. Not his upper management, not his WWE Network's problems and relatively low subscription numbers, no. His champion. And with Daniel Bryan being blamed for low buyrates before and punished because of it, his injury could be the perfect opportunity to get things back to the status quo, someone investors and the general public would be happy to see as the face of the company.

The champ is here.

I've come to terms with this happening. It's edible that THE CHAMP IS HEREAAYYAH.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm crazy but

John Cena is deserving of the championship, y'all.

Kaz did a post-TNA interview

Kaz said:
On the last few months with the company:"Honestly, since after Bound for Glory, there just wasn't any direction for Bad Influence the tag-team. We continued to ask questions, we continued to pitch ideas and it was just like 'OK, we're thinking of this or that' but we never got a straight answer and we were just kind of floating. It kind of bothered us because, honestly, we're too good for this. We should really be involved in something. When Davey (Richards) and Eddie (Edwards) came in, we were kind of licking our chops. Sweet! This could be six months, a year. A lot of folks on the internet and within the wrestling community were excited for the potential matchup of us and The Wolves. So were we and so were they when they came in. So we thought we were going to get back in the fold and it never happened and we never got a straight answer other than we're going with other teams. What can you say other than OK? After the UK, we did Lockdown with Muta and Sanada. That was great and after that we were left off television. Right then it was like OK, they literally have nothing going on for us. And here we are now."

On seeing so many longtime TNA wrestlers no longer with the company: It's different. My last day at TNA, I said this to a few people, I didn't feel like I was leaving TNA because I didn't feel like I recognized the company. There was still people I'll miss but it didn't feel like I was leaving TNA. Honestly, there was a couple of red flags, and this was even preceding when I was starting to make up my mind about my current situation, AJ Styles leaving obviously, because I'm very close to AJ and knowing what he was going through and talking to him, that was huge. I was like wait a minute. I say this as his friend and I say this selfishly, I don't understand why they didn't do whatever it took to keep him there. And I'm not just saying that because he's a friend. I'm saying that because he's a franchise guy. He's one of the best in the world. He's a good human being. He's a guy you can continue to build the company around. He leaves and real soon thereafter Jeff Jarrett leaves so that was a big red flag being waved. Wait a minute ... things are changing. I don't know that they're changing for the better. It could just be me. Internally, management, complete turnover, people on the creative team, people in management. It really is just different.

The champ is here.
WWE is smarter than to think falling stock has anything to do with their day to day stuff. Cena's run on top, even with the title, would keep the stock right where it is. Giving Cena the championship would mean nothing, wouldn't change business at all, and wouldn't help anything.

The stock drop has more to do with their incompetence, so if anything you might see the axe fall on some executives. Nothing to do with their talent. Vince said over and over on that conference call "Our core business is strong." That tells you everything you need to know. Besides, we already know there's no title match made for Payback. If there was going to be, they'd have already announced it.

TL;DR: Stop being so fucking paranoid.

also: THE STOCK IS THE SAME OR ABOVE WHERE IT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO. IT WAS INFLATED BECAUSE OF NETWORK/TV RIGHTS STUFF. IT'S NOT THAT BAD.

Heel

The champ is here.

I'm down with the swerve.

WWE is smarter than to think falling stock has anything to do with their day to day stuff. Cena's run on top, even with the title, would keep the stock right where it is. Giving Cena the championship would mean nothing, wouldn't change business at all, and wouldn't help anything.

The stock drop has more to do with their incompetence, so if anything you might see the axe fall on some executives. Nothing to do with their talent. Vince said over and over on that conference call "Our core business is strong." That tells you everything you need to know. Besides, we already know there's no title match made for Payback. If there was going to be, they'd have already announced it.

WWE, yes. Vince, I'm not so sure. And you're right, it wouldn't help anything, but in Vince's mind it might stall the bleeding and get people watching again if Cena is champion. Like it or not, he's the biggest name and crossover star WWE has right now, and while DBry gets the smarks and the live crowds in a tizzy, in the end kids are more likely to tune in if Cena is champion.

And it wouldn't be hard to announce a title match. Announce that the winners of Shield/Evolution, Cena/Wyatt, and Kane face off in a five-way match for the vacant title at Payback. Easy way to get Cena back to the title.

I never said I had any problems with Cena. I'm just pointing out to you all that WWE isn't in any rush to put the belt back on him because it doesn't actually matter, and they know that. Vince knows that. If they cared that much, he'd already have it.

ggnoobIGN

Banned

also: THE STOCK IS THE SAME OR ABOVE WHERE IT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO. IT WAS INFLATED BECAUSE OF NETWORK/TV RIGHTS STUFF. IT'S NOT THAT BAD.
Just adding onto this, WWE did can a bunch of high level executives leading up to the stock crash.

I never said I had any problems with Cena. I'm just pointing out to you all that WWE isn't in any rush to put the belt back on him because it doesn't actually matter, and they know that. Vince knows that. If they cared that much, he'd already have it.

So then just drop all the championships if it doesn't matter. Hell, Chikara went for like 5 years before they actually crowned any champions, and 10 before they had a singles champion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Alright since WWE sucks, back to commenting on gaming side.

WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE GAMES JOURNALISTS thread is pretty funny

So I was wondering, US folk, does the WWE advertise the Network outside of their own programming? Do you get Google Ads about it? Do they play advertisements for it before YouTube? Hulu?

Anything like that? If they're trying to get some lapsed fans to buy the Network I would assume so, but do they?

I get tons of WWE network web ads from GAF.

Looks like BNB is taking all of Cesaro's opportunities. He took the IC title and now he's taking his main event cheered heel spot too. Cesaro needs to get 50 chairs dumped on him and take three years of shiet for his next good push. Good for Wade, Fuck you Big Show

Cesaro suffers from one of worst problems a to-be main eventer could have: zero mic skills. they tried to patch it by putting Heyman with him but big mistake.

Top Bottom