• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Vylash

"We've heard a lot about this young man, his name is Ken Tamina, the boy toy of our own Tamina Snuka" "He even changed his last name to match her first name! That's love maggle!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_n3spajCeLQ1sjkuu3o1_r1_500.gif

Shitty tumblr gifs are the bane of the internet. Also, shitty reality TV is the bane of entertainment, so it's fitting the two are combined here.

Yano/Iizuka vs Suzuki/Shelton sucked so bad. At least Kojima vs Wes Brisco doesn't have to follow a good match, but damn, I'm so ready for the end of this Suzuki/Yano feud already.

BronsonLee said:
Go to bed nerds, I'm the only one allowed to be up!

It's 10AM here, dammit!

jred2k

Wes Brisco may have the worst tattoos in all of wrestling. And wrestling has some terrible tattoos, so that is saying something.

Jamie OD

Wes Brisco may have the worst tattoos in all of wrestling. And wrestling has some terrible tattoos, so that is saying something.

I've seen worse at local MMA shows but yeah, they're awful. I can never understand people who want the majority of their body covered in tattoos like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol they had to stick disclaimers on New Jack's promos in Smoky Mountain.

Fucking awesome.

'That rebel flag don't mean jack. We burying everybody with this. When you see us, you see that. And when you look at it, look at it good. It's more black than it is white. So don't you ever think that I'm a minority because babydoll, it's 95, and I'm the majority. And you can take that to the bank, you bunch of sweaty dogs.' Yeah, New Jack would have slaughtered everyone on promos in Attitude Era if he was in the Nation. Nation looks weak as fuck compared to the Gangstas promos.

Jamie OD

Dontaku should be getting good now from the next match onwards, then drop in quality with the Gracie match (unless Nakamura carries the fuck out of everybody else involved), then climb back up for the main event.

jred2k

Dontaku should be getting good now from the next match onwards, then drop in quality with the Gracie match (unless Nakamura carries the fuck out of everybody else involved), then climb back up for the main event.

I don't know, it will take a lot for the rest of the card to upstage Burce Tharpe-des' Riddler jacket.

I so wanted Tharpe-des to freak out and try and take the belt again, only to be lariatoooo'd by Stan Hansen. I guess Bruce learned his lesson when Harley punched him in the face, though.

Ithil

There have been discussions of making the NXT tapings biweekly instead of monthly so the last episode of the taping isn't a month old. We were told that it has to do with popularity increasing thanks to the network, but this is also on the heels of continuity issues when they had to insert new segments like John Layfield stripping Paige of the women's title into the show.

This would go a long way to making shows fresher, if the crowd is only there for a two hour taping and not a four hour one, and they don't have to commit to four weeks of TV.

Pretty mediocre show so far, best match was the Bucks vs Hooligans. The Fukuoka crowd SUCKS.

Aiii said:
I still don't understand why anyone would want to do this to himself.

I presume you feel the same way about blading, unprotected chair shots, unnecessary dives off of cages, etc?

Marvel

could never
The worst thing for me with barbed wire is weirdly enough is when it gets caught in a guys hair, I squirm.

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty mediocre show so far, best match was the Bucks vs Hooligans. The Fukuoka crowd SUCKS.

I presume you feel the same way about blading, unprotected chair shots, unnecessary dives off of cages, etc?

Yeah I do. I cringe everytime someone stands on top of a Hell in a Cell and takes a bump there. Blading has become very unappealing to me, someone mentioned the blading in WM20's main event yesterday and I found it to be completely unnecessary, it added nothing to the match.

Unprotected shots to the head with anything should just never ever ever ever happen again. Ever.

Fair enough, I've just often found that people who don't get deathmatch wrestling are very apologetic when it comes to similarly dangerous acts in mainstream wrestling.

Hulk said:
The worst thing for me with barbed wire is weirdly enough is when it gets caught in a guys hair, I squirm.

Same here, actually - it always looks like it hurts like hell whenever a guy gets it caught in his hair. Zandig always used to suffer quite badly, in that regard.

In no-rope barbedwire matches it's real important to get the tension right - if the barbed wire is strung too tightly, it'll cut a guy to ribbons and makes it much easier to get caught up. However, if the ropes are loose enough a guy can fall through them with relatively little damage.

Personally, I'd wrestle with barbedwire before I agreed to blade or take a lighttube shot.

no blood is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen.

"i hate you and i'm gonna destroy you"

"yeah? i'll end you career forever"

both men leave the match as if they did some light exercise in the gym.

makes something fake even faker. "business exposing" like bean would say.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's a difference between no blood and blading like HBK and Flair used to do.

Blood can add things, but only when done in moderation. Lesnar busting open Cena hardway at ER2012 for instance is a good example of where blood added to the match.

But attitude era WWF had people bleeding from every single head bump they took, it was beyond ridiculous.

Marvel

could never
Personally, I'd wrestle with barbedwire before I agreed to blade or take a lighttube shot.

Yeah I'm with you on that, I don't dig blading scars and lighttubes could blind you. No thanks. I'd cut my hair short and go for dat wire.

Top Bottom