• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Tyson Kidd is gonna win the title, whether he wants to or not!

I watch and enjoy TNA later in the night, how much Rebel can I look forward to today?

ARROW BUNCH IS REEEEEEEAL~

1GndqK4.png

Alucard

Banned
So uhh, Hebner didn't call for interference at all there, eh?...So fucking stupid. Taz and Tenay said he was "intimidated" by MVP.

That was a legit bad episode of TNA Impact. Can't believe I made it all the way through.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Aaand finally caught up. There's a lot of worthwhile stuff on the Clashes. Glad I watched them, but even happier to be caught up to where I was. So long (again), 1991! Here I come, 1992!

Oh, and I will now return to grading one event at a time, instead of the yearly grades I did with the Clashes. :D

FallingEdge needs to tread carefully in this thread now. Any disparaging comments made towards WWE could torpedo his promising career if they get out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Starrcade 1996 is a really great show that gets worse and worse as it goes on. It's main event might be my least favorite main event ever and easily one of the four worst matches I've seen on this backwards watch.

Godzilla should have been about Razz Al Ghul/Saito ripping shit up to save his family, forget that Kick Ass guy.

You should refer a friend and then the 2 of you get $25 gift cards good for WWE merchandise. It's as good as cash. Actually, it's better than cash.

What happens if you give gift subscriptions... you should get like 5 bucks. I'm not asking for a lot Vince, I know times are hard.

You can complain about gimmicks all you want, but the build up to NXT Special is horrible. Adam Rose vs. Camacho has the best and most complete build. Wow.

Hasney

I have no idea why, but I have Boss Mans Hard Times from the Wrestlemania album stuck in my head.

Attitude era was also the best TV wrestling produced and the mid card still had a purpose.

Also no, I hated trash TV and barely watched any. The only TV I basically watched was Friday night Nitro and Raw.

alstein

Real talk tho to those who lived at those times. Did you enjoyed the trash TV when you were a teenager?

I had a higher tolerance for WCW's bullshit at the time, because I was biased and I still got good wrestling. Usually our college group watched Nitro over Raw until I got out of there. The one thing we disagreed on was whether Jericho would end up a world champ (I was right)

I also got them hooked on Six Man Scramble back in the day. (and it's the origin of my name on here)

WWF BS always irked me because I never liked WWF as a kid- preferred AWA and World Class to what I was getting with the WWF.

strobogo

Banned
I had a higher tolerance for WCW's bullshit at the time, because I was biased and I still got good wrestling. Usually our college group watched Nitro over Raw until I got out of there. The one thing we disagreed on was whether Jericho would end up a world champ (I was right)

I also got them hooked on Six Man Scramble back in the day. (and it's the origin of my name on here)

WWF BS always irked me because I never liked WWF as a kid- preferred AWA and World Class to what I was getting with the WWF.

I can't imagine how boring a kid must have been if they preferred the AWA.

Alucard

Banned
Real talk tho to those who lived at those times. Did you enjoyed the trash TV when you were a teenager?

Not really. Laughed at some potty humour, but mostly wanted interesting stories...I guess. It's hard to look back almost 2 decades and try to remember exactly how you felt.

Browny

Banned
I was 15 in '95, so I was lapping up Sunny and the like. Enjoyed the hell out of gimmick matches too. I appreciated a lot of the good matches (Austin - Hart, Rock - HHH), but I knew that a lot of the under- and mid-card matches on Nitro were often better. Fortunately I had access to both (Nitro through German satellite). But yeah, looking back, it's not the most high-brow of viewing... Mind you, I don't think my teenage years could ever be described as "high-brow"...

Top Bottom