• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

I think the best fun is with a computer making the decisions, a human setting it all up, like Fex and I both did with our respective ELECTRONIC VIDEO FEDERATIONS

The CPU is capable of some incredible swerves.

If you wanna book good shit, the high water mark is when Soulplaya and Laserfrog traveled through time to a previous game to take on WCW.

Were you around when Bish was killing and deleting WrassleGAF members, and Soulplaya led a team of dudes to UFC Undisputed 3 to battle the mods in an Octagon?

Fuck GWF had some good shit.

That sounds amazing.

Nah I only lurked here until around early last year I think. Never really made a formal intro, not even a fave five.

Now I'm on the top 10.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't Sarah Bäckman just a bodybuilder? Sucks for her but I can't remember the last time a pure bodybuilder got over in WWE.

Outside of WWE, Strongman got over in NJPW being a manster.
JK94QQk.png

Arm wrestler actually. World champion, no less.

She would have debuted with a gimmick where she liked smelling feet or something, so it's no great loss. Instead of the obvious... "I'll arm wrestle ya for it" gimmick where she strong arms her way into various title shots.

I stand by everything I said. Aiii's obsession with AJ is legitimately unsettling as he always knows where she is and what is going on in her personal life. But my real issue is that his obsession bleeds into all the other women in wrestling and any positive (real or ironic) causes him to pop up to insult the woman and/or the people saying something positive about women besides AJ.

And then he gets aggressively defensive and has zero self awareness of how much of a creep and/or serious dick head he comes off as while doing it. Now, a lot of it is sort of half halfheartedly good hearted ribbing, but a lot of it isn't.

I stand by all of it.

#hespectch

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds amazing.

Nah I only lurked here until around early last year I think. Never really made a formal intro, not even a fave five.

Now I'm on the top 10.

We had a fuckton of fun. Heavy's undefeated streak. Sokantish's horrific cheating debut. Bootaaay's heel turn as the Commissioner, screwed Laserfrog out of King of the GWF. The WrassleGAF vs Mods angle. The time travel. The zombies. Professor Beef's Agumon debut. Ithil's transformation from the obelisk of death into a pillar of light. Faction Warfare - Team Mask was doing good.

Lots of fun :(

Rapstah

Arm wrestler actually. World champion, no less.

Okay, I would actually want to see them try to work this into her character somehow. Her finisher is a submission hold where she just arm wrestles her opponent on the mat and when she wins, the opponent has to tap for some reason.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
We had a fuckton of fun. Heavy's undefeated streak. Sokantish's horrific cheating debut. Bootaaay's heel turn as the Commissioner, screwed Laserfrog out of King of the GWF. The WrassleGAF vs Mods angle. The time travel. The zombies. Professor Beef's Agumon debut. Ithil's transformation from the obelisk of death into a pillar of light. Faction Warfare - Team Mask was doing good.

How long did that actually go for? Months?

Heel

Main event booking, friends:

This is all building up the big tornado tag match at Summerslam for the kings of WrasslinGAF

the contrarian gimmicky poster squad(Bionic-Arm, bean breath, Lambda Piscium, Sunflower, Heel) vs the uber-postive post-constantly watch everything on WWE network team (Aiii, swerenewarfare, Dr Duncan Steel, Sblargh)

Plywood as special guest ref

Stro and Fallingedge on english commentary

Nocturnowl and some other jobber at the commentator table that gets destroyed first

Sephzilla

Why doesn't this exist anymore?

Marvel

could never

Now I'm on the top 10.
Same as me, Brotherdudejack.

I'd also like to thank you guys for being so cool with me joining in and making me feel welcome. You've known each other for years and I already feel that way with most of you.

Come back when you can Aiii.

A bit from the Observer about the NJPW/ROH stuff;

"The Toronto show had the ROH booker, Hunter Johnston, do half the show and Gedo & Jado did the other half, with each booking the shows with the guys from their company. For New York, because it was a lot of New Japan vs. ROH matches, it was a political deal with both sides co-booking, using Romero as the intermediary. The idea was that New Japan has certain people they wanted protected in booking, as did ROH, and they worked the matches around that. With Tanahashi working low on the card with Bennett, it seems to tell me that he’s hurting (his back is bad) and they aren’t putting him in a main event spot where there will be more pressure on him to have the 25 minute PPV caliber match. Like I said last year, even though his second and third matches with Nakamura were great, I believe he’s won his last Wrestler of the Year award and will be in the superstar emeritus role and follow the career path of Yuji Nagata at a similar phase, where in his time you can go to him for big matches, but he’s not going to be “the guy” with the world title doing the ****½ PPV matches every month."

Some WWE bits and pieces;

They want everyone on the main roster and the NXT roster to come up with names they can trademark for their finishing moves, rather than having the announcers use the traditional names for moves (since they can’t own traditional wrestling move names).

Bill Goldberg definitely has interest in doing WrestleMania 31 if the right deal can be made. That was also the deal last year and no deal was made, because he’s not coming cheap. He’s kept himself in shape, training almost daily at his Muay Thai gym, although he’ll be 48 by next year’s Mania.

Drake Weutz (Drake Younger) is scheduled to report to developmental imminently.

Regal was in Brazil this past weekend for WWE scouting for talent. The idea was to find some Brazilians with potential and bring them to the country because Brazil is an emerging economic market and is high on WWE’s list of places they think they can make money in. There is a real negative stigma in the culture of Brazil against pro wrestling from the 70s and I’m not sure about it, but have heard about it from a number of people. WWE did not do all that well when they debuted in Sao Paulo a few years back. Regal attended the FILL Double Impact promotion in Rio de Janeiro and the BWF Called To Fight group in Sao Paulo.

There was a directive that came in from above regarding the NXT staff about the treatment of some of Gerald Brisco’s wrestling recruits. There was the feeling that Brisco would sign guys with good looks, personality and skills, and then when they got to Orlando, certain people would try and run them off because they didn’t like shooters around.

A new developmental wrestler is Leyvonna Zakari Swaggart, 24, who did a women’s tryout camp earlier this year. She started this week. She’s from Oakland, but has lived for years in Southern California and worked as an actress on the reality TV show “Pageant vs. Playmate” where teams of pretty girls competed. She was on the Pageant team as she’d done beauty pageants in California when she was younger. She’s of Samoan descent and is either friends or a relative with the Usos. She went through the same tryout camp as former TNA wrestler Sarita (Dark Angel in CMLL) went through and to this point wasn’t signed from. Sarita has the look and experience, but the age could be a hindrance since she’s already 35

cSVrujn.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot you guys don't have a real racer.

Yeah...we got Need For Speed, but I'm sick of these cop/racer ones and want another Underground, dammit.

Still pondering why that one guy in campus with a Magnus shirt was so filthy. It looked like bird shit was on it and he didn't even realize it. He was also sweating buckets because it's a thousand degrees here in SF. It's so jarring to see a wrestling shirt (let alone a TNA) shirt in the wild like that....

Rapstah

Yeah Heavy was undefeated and had our TV Title for quite some time.

Goddamn I miss it. Maybe I should...no! No...I shouldn't.

You promise to start it every month and it's a different promise every time like you don't remember the last time you promised you would start it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A bit from the Observer about the NJPW/ROH stuff;/QUOTE]

Tanahashi should definitely relax. He'll never have another year as incredible as 2013. That's a heck of a lasting effect. Probably the best year anyone could have. I hope he takes care of himself.

Tanahashi is definitely one of the best.

Odds on Extreme Rules right now:

Paddy Power:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Extreme Rules Match

Daniel Bryan -600

Kane +350

Six Man Tag Team

The Shield +200

Evolution -300

Divas Championship Match

Paige -1000

Tamina Snuka +500

Triple Threat Match

Rob Van Dam +600

Jack Swagger +450

Cesaro -500

Handicap 2-on-1 Match

Rusev -1800

R-Truth/Xavier +650

Intercontinental Championship

Big E +400

Barrett -700

Steel Cage Match

John Cena +150

Bray Wyatt -200

WeeLC Match

El Torito -300

Hornswoggle +200

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I need to check to make sure my streaming equipment still works. I boxed it up after the Avatar Rumble as we had that sound snafu beforehand. Concerned it doesn't work.

I'll check it out and see what's up, and see if I want to jump to 2k15 or stick with 2k14 and make our roster fresh.

jmdajr

images

Was looking in yogurt section and found this. Not sure what to expect.
Only three simple ingredients, sun ripened Chia Seeds, Coconut Milk and Real Mango.

Sephzilla

I need to check to make sure my streaming equipment still works. I boxed it up after the Avatar Rumble as we had that sound snafu beforehand. Concerned it doesn't work.

I'll check it out and see what's up, and see if I want to jump to 2k15 or stick with 2k14 and make our roster fresh.

Only jump to 2k15 if you have a next gen console and/or after we find out the limitations and bugs of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only jump to 2k15 if you have a next gen console and/or after we find out the limitations and bugs of it.

Yeah, I kind of wouldn't want to wait. But streaming on next-gen is so much easier and quicker, at the expense of control.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Is that a yes I hear?!?

Still pondering why that one guy in campus with a Magnus shirt was so filthy. It looked like bird shit was on it and he didn't even realize it. He was also sweating buckets because it's a thousand degrees here in SF. It's so jarring to see a wrestling shirt (let alone a TNA) shirt in the wild like that....
No clue I was so geographically close to WrestleGAF's biggest mark.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can have my spot on the roster. I want nothing to do with Sunflower's character assassination association.

I even dyed you blue to reflect your love of Sonic. If that isn't an earnest and heartfelt gesture, an olive branch, I don't know what is.

GWF Season 3 Episode 1:
Professor Beef Kayfabe Must Die

geomon

Regal was in Brazil this past weekend for WWE scouting for talent. The idea was to find some Brazilians with potential and bring them to the country because Brazil is an emerging economic market and is high on WWE’s list of places they think they can make money in. There is a real negative stigma in the culture of Brazil against pro wrestling from the 70s and I’m not sure about it, but have heard about it from a number of people. WWE did not do all that well when they debuted in Sao Paulo a few years back. Regal attended the FILL Double Impact promotion in Rio de Janeiro and the BWF Called To Fight group in Sao Paulo.

Must still be pissed about Patterson winning the IC belt.

Top Bottom