• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

They've had great matches for years now.

ExtremeRules2014.gif

BXN40OC.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's the only way to do it anyways.

Both control options for Xenoblade have their pros and cons.

CC has better camera control while it's faster to do certain actions on the Nunchuck and Wii Remote setup. Separated controllers are also extremely comfortable for such a long game.

Sblargh

Banned
Bryan had good matches with komedy Kane and korporate Kane. We still don't know how he will fight kdemon Kane.
Who knows? Maybe this new Kane doesn't even know how to wrestle, he might just botch everything.

somedevil

Kane and Daniel Bryan had a good match just a few months ago on ME.

Yeah, its hard for this match not to be bad because its extreme rules so they have all the shortcuts available for them. I expect chairs, tables, fighting into the crowd and maybe for old time sakes a battery and jumper cables. Though I expect the crazy bump to happen in this match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know, I don't think there is any sport that isn't sports entertainment. Nothing is pure. Everything has some carny promoter or theatrics and spectacle. Storylines, flashy graphics, certain people being pushed, certain guys getting breaks if it makes for a better story, merchandising.

Every sport is a work at some level.

Heavyweight Boxing is basically at the same level as pro wrestling was in the early days of it being a fix but yes, all this rivalry/cheating/blackboard materal/sports radio nonsense is a work, brother.

I've got two tickets to Extreme Rules tomorrow, but I'm thinking of just giving both of them to the guy I'm going with and letting him bring someone else. I don't know if I feel like going. On the one hand it'd be my first time seeing Paige and Bray Wyatt in person. On the other hand I'd have to see them wrestle Tamina and John Cena AND I hate Cage Matches. Hmm...

geomon

I've got two tickets to Extreme Rules tomorrow, but I'm thinking of just giving both of them to the guy I'm going with and letting him bring someone else. I don't know if I feel like going. On the one hand it'd be my first time seeing Paige and Bray Wyatt in person. On the other hand I'd have to see them wrestle Tamina and John Cena AND I hate Cage Matches. Hmm...

Go in as a mark and just cheer for them. Who cares who they wrestle? And you had better wear that damn sheep mask.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm planning to drive 2 hours to my first PPV this year. Not really hyped: Knight Of Champions. Everything else is further out.

PWInsider reporting Batista is leaving because he didn't want to job to Bryan at Payback.

BIG grain of salt on that one. PWI isn't all that reputable anymore.

strobogo

Banned
PWInsider reporting Batista is leaving because he didn't want to job to Bryan at Payback.

BIG grain of salt on that one. PWI isn't all that reputable anymore.

I don't understand how he can come back full time and be taking time off already regardless of the reason.

I didn't just call him a jobber because he loses 90% of his matches, I called him that because I don't think he is going to amount to much.

Watanabe reminds me of a younger version of Tenzan (which is why they were paired up in their farewell tag match), only Watanabe already is quite girthy unlike Tenzan early in his career. Give him a few years and he'll be downright massive, and he'll likely get a push solely for that reason.

Also, this brings up an interesting question...Naofumi Yamamoto (aka Yoshi Tatsu) has been on his learning excursion for over 5 years now...when the hell is he coming back to NJPW? Not like he's doing anything with WWE...

EDIT: Actually, WWE is probably paying him more to stay home and do nothing than NJPW would period....

Go in as a mark and just cheer for them. Who cares who they wrestle? And you had better wear that damn sheep mask.

The guy I'm possibly going with owns a jumpsuit he uses for a Jason Vorhees costume each year but he refuses to wear it and a sheep mask to the PPV. :(

The last two shows I was at were Wrestlemania 29 and the Raw the night after. It just kinda feels like nothing could top that now and I'm not sure if I feel like driving an hour and a half to get there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
-- Former WWE developmental talent Mason Ryan is returning to the indy scene following his release from WWE this past week. Ryan is booked to appear at the Pro Wrestling Syndicate Supercard event on Saturday, June 7th. The event takes place in Rahway, New Jersey.

Even with all this on here, it's STILL missing a lot of important Batista stuff.

The following is the full content listing for WWE's new "Batista -- The Animal Unleashed" DVD and Blu-ray, which is scheduled for a June 10th release.

DISC 1

Documentary

Batista’s Journey Welcome to Pittsburgh Batista is Back Arrives at Arena Batista Quits Reflecting Mixed Martial Arts Old Friends Imperials New Gear Acting Career Wardrobe Malfunction Ready to Rumble Happy to be Back

Matches

Leviathan vs. Brock Lesnar OVW • July 28, 2001

Reverend D-Von & Batista vs. Faarooq & Randy Orton SmackDown! • June 27, 2002

World Tag Team Championship Match Evolution (Batista & Ric Flair) vs. Rob Van Dam & Booker T RAW • March 22, 2004

Bull Rope Match for the World Heavyweight Championship Batista vs. John “Bradshaw” Layfield SmackDown! • September 9, 2005

Batista, Rey Mysterio & Bobby Lashley vs. King Booker, Finlay & Mark Henry Saturday Night’s Main Event • July 15, 2006

Titus O’Neil Package

DISC 2

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship Batista vs. King Booker vs. Finlay SmackDown! • December 1, 2006

Fatal 4-Way #1 Contender’s Match for the World Heavyweight Championship Batista vs. Kane vs. Finlay vs. Mark Henry SmackDown! • May 25, 2007

Batista vs. Edge SmackDown! • June 29, 2007

Last Man Standing Match Batista vs. Kane SmackDown! • December 14, 2007

Stretcher Match Batista vs. Shawn Michaels One Night Stand • June 1, 2008

World Heavyweight Championship Match Batista vs. CM Punk Great American Bash • July 20, 2008

World Heavyweight Championship Match Batista vs. Chris Jericho Cyber Sunday • October 26, 2008

DISC 3

Batista & Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho & John “Bradshaw” Layfield RAW • October 27, 2008

Batista & Shane McMahon vs. Legacy (Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase) SmackDown! • April 24, 2009

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship Batista vs. Randy Orton Extreme Rules • June 7, 2009

Batista vs. CM Punk SmackDown! • October 9, 2009

Batista vs. Rey Mysterio Survivor Series • November 22, 2009

Street Fight Batista vs. Rey Mysterio SmackDown! • December 11, 2009

Triple Threat #1 Contender’s Match for the WWE Championship Batista vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton RAW • April 26, 2010

“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship Batista vs. John Cena Over The Limit • May 23, 2010

30-Man Royal Rumble Match Batista Enters at #28 Royal Rumble • January 26, 2014

Batista vs. Alberto Del Rio Elimination Chamber • February 23, 2014

Heel

Seriously no more fluke bullshit, I want Daniel Bryan to literally destroy GGG.

Go full strong style on his ass that would make Shibata shit his trunks.

I'd have a hard time believing Daniel can beat up a 47 year old Kane head-to-head. He is a small man and should be booked as a small man, much like Rey Mysterio.

Sblargh

Banned
I wonder how this Kane angle will play out in total divas. Because there's little room for being in the middle of the road there, you either act like a demon wants to kidnap you or you just talk plainly about how you're happy to be an actress.
Will kayfabe survive total divas?

I'd have a hard time believing Daniel can beat up a 47 year old Kane head-to-head. He is a small man and should be booked as a small man, much like Rey Mysterio.

God you are the WORST. I refuse to accept this reality. LALALALA I'm not listening.

Seriously though, after what Bryan did at Mania, I'd throw believability out the window. Go back to your MMA hut and play your better game :(

Heel

I'm just a realist, friend. I'm entirely convinced that Daniel Bryan's title run will be comprised of school boy pins and other fluke scenarios. He's the size of Crash Holly and should be treated as such.

I'm just a realist, friend. I'm entirely convinced that Daniel Bryan's title run will be comprised of school boy pins and other fluke scenarios. He's the size of Crash Holly and should be treated as such.

Because that's how he won the title from Cena.

Don't get me started on that elbow bullshit

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk: I do appreciate a lot how Cena did not mention his elbow a single time until the next night on Raw when he had to because he was leaving. I hope he puts guys like Bryan over like that more often in the near future. It certainly seems like he's ready to take step back from the main event and settle in that "putting young guys over" deal.

But then he beats Bray clean at Mania and I get smad again. :(

geomon

Was at a local arcade today, and this was hanging above the toilet in one of the bathroom stalls. I thought WrassleGAF would be interested (quoted for size):

That is awesome. Does not deserve to be hanging above a toilet though. Steal it and build a shrine in your home.

Top Bottom