• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

geomon

I tried watching Impact but every time I do it feels like someone is kicking me in the back of the head as hard as they can. It's very painful.

ForsakenSparseFrenchbulldog.gif

geomon

I'm watching the Kentucky Derby. This is the shit I get into when there's no wrestling on Saturday. Damn, I miss WCW Saturday Night at 6:05PM.

I remember someone posting about this before but it seems I don't have the bookmark anymore.

Someone is going to Japan in a few weeks and I remember someone saying there was a NJPW store somewhere in Japan. Trying to get some BulletClub merch :p

kiguel182

Man, Brodus Clay is so bad.

He tries to play this big scary monster but he just looks goody. His promo delivery is also all over the place.

Being the Funkasauros was probably better for him.

Sblargh

Banned
I have yet to find a wrestling podcast that reviews stuff that I really like. The CageSideSeats one is almost there, but it looks like the only work of storytelling they ever came across is wrestling. It's weird seeing people actually act like marks, like they were talking about how the kids in sheep mask opening of raw was great, and I agree, it was, but then it went on like: "because now Bray is appealing to the children, because he sings a song and they get to play dress up with the sheep mask" and really? Are you-- really? Those are actors, dude. Probably some choir from the local high school paid to stand there and sing. Bray Wyatt is not *actually* stealing Cena's fans. Godamn it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, I can kind of see their point, the kids in the audience and watching at home would probably love to dress up and sing-a-long with Bray.

One day the Theszcast will review an episode of Impact.

And it will be the best of days.

I have yet to find a wrestling podcast that reviews stuff that I really like. The CageSideSeats one is almost there, but it looks like the only work of storytelling they ever came across is wrestling. It's weird seeing people actually act like marks, like they were talking about how the kids in sheep mask opening of raw was great, and I agree, it was, but then it went on like: "because now Bray is appealing to the children, because he sings a song and they get to play dress up with the sheep mask" and really? Are you-- really? Those are actors, dude. Probably some choir from the local high school paid to stand there and sing. Bray Wyatt is not *actually* stealing Cena's fans. Godamn it.

Mark analysis would be like the Raw/Smackdown pre and post shows.

geomon

Can we just forget about the death of kayfabe please?

So guys...Shawshank Redemption....super underwhelming, right? It's a workman kind of movie. Everything is done well, but nothing mind blowing. It just seemed like a very competently made movie. Nothing special, nothing offensive. Just a movie.

Disagree. True underdog champ and the ending is so well earned. Love this film.

Rapstah

But what would mark analysis not affiliated with the WWE be?

Buying into storylines where the idea is WWE is hiding something from you?

Buying into internet rumours about non-storylines actually being storylines where WWE is hiding something from you?

I listen to different wrestlecasts for different reasons. Observer Radio for news/analysis. JR/Jericho/Austin for great interviews. The rest like the LAW, B&V, Cheap Heat etc. are for when I need some extra audio to listen to, but my expectations are low.

Well, shit. My boss gave me two tickets to Extreme Rules. It will be my first live WWE event, ever.

Gonna take my sister since all of my dudebros are busy. I don't blame em...short notice as hell.

I also sometimes will listen to Between the Ropes but whoever the guy with Boston accent is has an extremely annoying accent and kind of comes off as a dumbass.

Well, shit. My boss gave me two tickets to Extreme Rules. It will be my first live WWE event, ever.

Gonna take my sister since all of my dudebros are busy. I don't blame em...short notice as hell.

PPVs and House shows provide the best live experiences, so you're all but guaranteed to enjoy yourself. Have fun.

kiguel182

I wanted to start a wrestling podcast for ages. I actually did like 5 episodes but stopped but I wanted to try again.

Problem is the whole setting up a podcast on Itunes is tiring and it's hard to promote it there. Are there any better platforms to do it?

Sblargh

Banned

I'm glad it exists an in-universe analysis, like, I always wanted Marvel Comics to set up a Daily Bugle website that is not ironic in any way. It's just a bit of flavor to help with the immersion. What is weird is when they mix the smark talk of pushes, storylines, saying the guy lost because he pissed off someone in the back as opposed to being kicked in the face and then suddenly believing in it, like when people got mad that the occupy raw people were from the WWE backstage, you know?

Yeah, I did not know that either at the time, but later when I read it was the case, I went "well, that makes sense, oh silly me". But people felt betrayed. They wanted actual Daniel Bryan fans to go in the ring, otherwise it's bullshit. I really don't know how to react to that.

I wanted to start a wrestling podcast for ages. I actually did like 5 episodes but stopped but I wanted to try again.

Problem is the whole setting up a podcast on Itunes is tiring and it's hard to promote it there. Are there any better platforms to do it?

iTunes is easy. Archive.org, Blogger, Feedburner. Setup takes maybe an hour and it's free. Plus, every third party podcast app just uses iTunes' feeds anyway.

kiguel182

iTunes is easy. Archive.org, Blogger, Feedburner. Setup takes maybe an hour and it's free. Plus, every third party podcast app just uses iTunes' feeds anyway.

I'll have a look at those. I used a website to help put things on itunes but it was clunky and hard to promote the podcast.

I thought about that but I would have to come up with something to fill the video. I could do a static image but that isn't very interesting. But yeah, youtube is where I'm most drawn to.

Top Bottom