• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Man God

Non-Canon Member
KOs can happen at any time, friend.

iiaiOZjj43DPF.gif

Real talk: I do appreciate a lot how Cena did not mention his elbow a single time until the next night on Raw when he had to because he was leaving. I hope he puts guys like Bryan over like that more often in the near future. It certainly seems like he's ready to take step back from the main event and settle in that "putting young guys over" deal.

But then he beats Bray clean at Mania and I get smad again. :(
He mentioned it before the match.

I will never EVER forget playing Fight Night Round 2 on Xbox Live. One of my first 5 matches online, I was still getting the hang of the haymaker system. I started a match, went in with a haymaker and got a 10 count on the other guy. I have no idea how I legit knocked someone the fuck out with one punch, but that XX% chance of it happening is something cool games like that need. Has anyone else experienced something like that?

Rapstah

I will never EVER forget playing Fight Night Round 2 on Xbox Live. One of my first 5 matches online, I was still getting the hang of the haymaker system. I started a match, went in with a haymaker and got a 10 count on the other guy. I have no idea how I legit knocked someone the fuck out with one punch, but that XX% chance of it happening is something cool games like that need. Has anyone else experienced something like that?

I once pinned someone with a roll-up as my first move in a WWE 2k14 Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 match online.

... okay, that's not even close to as cool.

geomon

Wrestlemania 21 on the OG Xbox and proto Live. Managed to make someone tapout in my first grapple of the game.

Jamie OD

In UFC Undisputed I won a fight in 6 seconds and only threw two high kicks one after another. First one was blocked, second one was the KO.

I want to say that he immediately went into surgery after the PPV, if I recall Total Divas correctly, when he and Nikki took a private jet to Dr. Andrews'.

He did a farewell speech on Raw the next night, and then went and did it. In the promo however, talked about how he was beaten in a fair fight by the better man. That's putting the other guy over if I ever heard it.

(but cena doesn't put anyone over)

Aiii

So not worth it
I want to say that he immediately went into surgery after the PPV, if I recall Total Divas correctly, when he and Nikki took a private jet to Dr. Andrews'.

Ah yes, this was when Nikki was struggling with her carreer ending hairline fracture in her shinbone after she took a bump off the apron to the floor.

geomon

Ah yes, this was when Nikki was struggling with her carreer ending hairline fracture in her shinbone after she took a bump off the apron to the floor.

Hey man you don't know what it's like. Shin bone's connected to the...leg bone, plus when her tooth got knocked out and now she's not top tier any more. That shit adds up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hey man you don't know what it's like. Shin bone's connected to the...leg bone, plus when her tooth got knocked out and now she's not top tier any more. That shit adds up.

Hey, it was a hell of a lot more believable than Nattie breaking her nose from a slap by Summer.

I love Total Divas.

He did a farewell speech on Raw the next night, and then went and did it. In the promo however, talked about how he was beaten in a fair fight by the better man. That's putting the other guy over if I ever heard it.

(but cena doesn't put anyone over)

I'll have to research the timeline further. Sure he put Bryan over but it wasn't a clean win. He still protected himself by outing the injury and saying he defied doctor's orders not to compete, he basically wrestled Bryan with one arm and still held his own.

To really put Bryan over and make it truly a clean victory, either:

A: Wouldn't have mentioned the injury at all, lost, and gotten beat up on Raw or something unrelated to the elbow as a storyline means to explain his absence for surgery.

B: vacated the title, took care of his health and came back 100%, compete against Bryan and lose cleanly.

As you can see, what actually transpired is unlike any of the above and thus, not a clean victory by Bryan over Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Bean, why do you have an issue with a purple card because you are a "manly man", when your hero and good friend, John Cena, wears purple? Are you casting aspersions on John Cena's manliness?

I'll have to research the timeline further. Sure he put Bryan over but it wasn't a clean win. He still protected himself by outing the injury and saying he defied doctor's orders not to compete, he basically wrestled Bryan with one arm and still held his own.

A: Wouldn't have mentioned the injury at all, lost, and gotten beat up on Raw or something unrelated to the elbow as a storyline means to explain his absence for surgery.

B: vacated the title, took care of his health and came back 100%, compete against Bryan and lose cleanly.

As you can see, what actually transpired is unlike any of the above and thus, not a clean victory by Bryan over Cena.

99% of the problem with the booking there was Bryan was not scheduled to win until they realized Cena needed time off. Until then, Cena was going over. I think by that point, Cena had already mentioned the injury, therefore screwing up the clean finish.

Friend bean breath knows what's up. Bryan is yet to beat Cena 100% clean, friends.

Bean, why do you have an issue with a purple card because you are a "manly man", when your hero and good friend, John Cena, wears purple? Are you casting aspersions on John Cena's manliness?

I don't have John Cena's physique to compensate for the femininity of the color purple.

Rapstah

I've read and heard like fifteen places now claiming it's stupid that Natalya and Layla are competing in the NXT women's title tournament because they're on the main roster and "that's why Paige was stripped of the title". She was stripped of the title because she has to travel to house shows and Raws and Smackdowns to defend the Divas belt and NXT is kayfabe live so she couldn't be at both places at once. JBL said this.

I'm sick in general of review shows that watch the show like it's been bad for years by default. Like when they're dismissing entire segments because "I don't care" or "I wasn't paying attention". Fuck off. I tried listening to Live Audio Wrestling's "WHTSNXT" but I felt like it was two straight weeks of two people spending two thirds of the show talking about how hard they party together and then dismissing entire segments and saying they don't know who Leo Kruger was. He was on the show every week for like a full year, aren't you guys supposedly doing this because you either enjoy watching the show or reviewing the show?

geomon

I've read and heard like fifteen places now claiming it's stupid that Natalya and Layla are competing in the NXT women's title tournament because they're on the main roster and "that's why Paige was stripped of the title". She was stripped of the title because she has to travel to house shows and Raws and Smackdowns to defend the Divas belt and NXT is kayfabe live so she couldn't be at both places at once. JBL said this.

I'm sick in general of review shows that watch the show like it's been bad for years by default. Like when they're dismissing entire segments because "I don't care" or "I wasn't paying attention". Fuck off. I tried listening to Live Audio Wrestling's "WHTSNXT" but I felt like it was two straight weeks of two people spending two thirds of the show talking about how hard they party together and then dismissing entire segments and saying they don't know who Leo Kruger was. He was on the show every week for like a full year, aren't you guys supposedly doing this because you either enjoy watching the show or reviewing the show?

Yeah I stopped listening to that crap years ago for the same reason. Even guys who should know better *cough* Bryan Alvarez *cough* do it every now and then and it's fucking aggravating.

Phatmac

yeah they aren't the most informed people when talking about wrestling. Wish there was one that knew what they were talking about without bogging it down.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah I stopped listening to that crap years ago for the same reason. Even guys who should know better *cough* Bryan Alvarez *cough* do it every now and then and it's fucking aggravating.

Sounds like any show that ever reviews TNA Impact.

Yeah, the most grating parts of these review podcasts are "well I have a completely unrelated personal story to tell." No. I didn't download the podcast to hear that.

I just saw an ad for Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. The one that Jeff mentioned on the Power Bombcast this week. It looks amaziiiiiiiiiing.
It's... aight. I've never seen any ads for it but there's some stuff that's just pure dumb. it's enjoyable though from what i've seen
We have a few fans here of it. Can't remember who though
sf2fanatic is into it, I watch on occasion

Alucard

Banned
Btw, if you guys want to hear angry Cena rage, check out Bruce Blitz on youtube. His Raw reviews are entertaining to say the least.

Rapstah

The Live Audio Wrestling guys at least sort of analyse every segment and try to say why they think the segments were bad and when something is good they can try to highlight that. Bryan Alvarez and Vinnie what'shisname don't like the show and don't like to review it, and while I can understand the concept of shitting on something because your listeners enjoy hearing you hate something, it's 40 minutes into a show where they call Alvarez's grandmother so it's not like they're going 100% for the show where they shit on stuff either.

It's not like I'm using their opinions to form my own, I just like to listen to how people interpreted stuff while I'm doing stuff when I'm not using my ears and 75% of my brain anyway.

5 dollars a month to hear a couple of fat guys talk about wrestling. Sounds like a steal.

So almost every podcast? It was always just one fat guy you ignoramus.

It's basically the best podcast in terms of objectivity and knowing the lines of smarkiness. Basically what I wish this thread would be 100% of the time.

It's ok we're all friends here, friend.

Alucard

Banned
Im convinced TNA fans are raging alcoholics . No way you could watch impact sober

Sober and still able to enjoy parts of it. It has as many flaws as any promotion out there. They're just different.

Honestly, ROH has been my fave company in 2014 so far.

5 dollars a month to hear a couple of fat guys talk about wrestling. Sounds like a steal.

Hey man. Fat guys are people too. Don't care who the opinion comes from if it's informed and not ridiculous.

Rapstah

I need to start listening to the Powerbombcast, though I'm pretty content with all the stuff that The LAW puts out

I don't think it's very good but I'm used to people using actual real information to come to almost logical conclusions instead of using the information they don't have to come to thereby completely false conclusions.

They're funny as soon as they're talking about 90s stuff though because they know that stuff on the level they're trying to discuss it on.

somedevil

Well Meltzer watches Impact now to put him to sleep:

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON · 17h
Okay, I'm following advice, putting on Impact right now. Been using it as a sleep aid, hopefully out before they cut the deck.

Also, for reviews I listen to John and Wai. They are the best.

Top Bottom