• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New Page:

iiaiOZjj43DPF.gif

Shinya Hashimoto & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi - Super Grade Tag League - (NJPW 11/16/1998)

Fun match here with young Nagata & Nakanishi doing a good job of standing up to Hash & the Fuj, who take no small delight in dishing out an ass kicking to the upstarts. There's a double stomp from Hash about half way through, looks sick as hell. You see guys like Low Ki put all this effort into making it look like they're actually stamping on a guy, but it never looks as good as Hashimoto just stepping off the top rope onto some poor bastard's chest.

Nagata.gif

Shinya Hashimoto & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi - Super Grade Tag League - (NJPW 11/16/1998)

Fun match here with young Nagata & Nakanishi doing a good job of standing up to Hash & the Fuj, who take no small delight in dishing out an ass kicking to the upstarts. There's a double stomp from Hash about half way through, looks sick as hell. You see guys like Low Ki put all this effort into making it look like they're actually stamping on a guy, but it never looks as good as Hashimoto just stepping off the top rope onto some poor bastard's chest.

Nagata.gif
Thank you for using the American dating convention of mm/dd/yyyy.

strobogo

Banned
It kind of bothers me that no one on screen has tied He's Got The Whole World In His Hands to Bray being the eater of worlds.

strobogo

Banned
I guess. They seemed to drop that nick name, but it makes more sense than ever if he's going to be singing about having the world in his hands every show.

gurudyne

It kind of bothers me that no one on screen has tied He's Got The Whole World In His Hands to Bray being the eater of worlds.

Feels clumsy. He's singing the song to make fun of Cena's Messiah complex. He doesn't want to destroy that world he's singing about, he just wants to steal it away and use it as a tool to knock Cena in the dirt. If he "wins" the feud, it might make sense then.

strobogo

Banned
What if he ate the Punkverse and that's why Punk hasn't been seen since the Rumble? He's going to eat the Superstarsverse next.

Alucard

Banned
I've had three glasses of wine and I'm enjoying a French pop singer tear it down at the Bell Centre in Montreal. Oh shiiiit! Private boxes are fucking awesome!

Rewatched that Ishii vs Honma match from Dontaku, easily the best of the show, but goddamn I wish Honma had another move to come off the top-rope with, that Kokeshi to the floor was scary;

Honma3.gif

strobogo

Banned
That's fucking stupid. Reminds me of Candido/EY doing the Flair Flop from the second rope to the floor as a regular spot for a while.

Rapstah

Bryan Alvarez mentions in passing in this week's newsletter that they're thinking about doing for Goldberg this year what they did for Ultimate Warrior last year, that is having him be a big part of the video game and then do something at WM31. If they're going to have him in the video game, then that implies a WCW mode and if that's going to be in the game then Yuke's would have started doing it already.

Basically WCW mode confirmed.

strobogo

Banned
WCW mode would be so rad, but I'm 100% convinced it will be only of guys who have already been in games, will be reusing models, have multiple versions of Rey/Jericho/Eddie/Nash/Hall/Hogan/Show/Booker and the only new addition would be Sting. The odds of anyone who hasn't been in games or is under contract to WWE currently being a part of the game would be very slim. If they do a WCW and don't include Disco (at a minimum), I'm not sold.

Verendus

Banned
Bryan Alvarez mentions in passing in this week's newsletter that they're thinking about doing for Goldberg this year what they did for Ultimate Warrior last year, that is having him be a big part of the video game and then do something at WM31. If they're going to have him in the video game, then that implies a WCW mode and if that's going to be in the game then Yuke's would have started doing it already.

Basically WCW mode confirmed.
I hope that means Sting is officially in it. As well as prime Booker T from late WCW and not the jobber from the WWE. I want all attires for Sting. About two for Surfer Sting, two for Crow Sting, and the Wolfpac too. He better be 95 or something overall.

WCW mode would be so rad, but I'm 100% convinced it will be only of guys who have already been in games, will be reusing models, have multiple versions of Rey/Jericho/Eddie/Nash/Hall/Hogan/Show/Booker and the only new addition would be Sting. The odds of anyone who hasn't been in games or is under contract to WWE currently being a part of the game would be very slim. If they do a WCW and don't include Disco (at a minimum), I'm not sold.

I should bookmark this post.

Rapstah

WCW mode would be so rad, but I'm 100% convinced it will be only of guys who have already been in games, will be reusing models, have multiple versions of Rey/Jericho/Eddie/Nash/Hall/Hogan/Show/Booker and the only new addition would be Sting.

I guess now the random inclusion of Scott Steiner in the nWo pack, and I guess the nWo pack in general, makes sense.

strobogo

Banned
How do you do a Flair Flop from the second rope (aka Bret Hart's rope, aka the best rope) exactly?

Stand with your feet on the outside of the ropes, then do the face first fall to the floor. Candido was doing it in TNA and then EY started doing it as a tribute for a while. I can't find any gifs of it, but it is basically just like what Honma did, but with no one to possibly break your fall and from the second rope.

Hasney

Played some UFC 3 last night and reminded myself that Yuke's can actually do a good job sometimes. The yearly schedule is killing them more than anything. But maybe, Yuke's have had a team working on a next gen version for a while...

Lol no, it'll be same old crap.

As for WCW roster, they've got Kidman and Malenko as agents still, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, my streaming equipment works.

Looks like it's time to plan GWF.

strobogo

Banned
I should bookmark this post.

I guess now the random inclusion of Scott Steiner in the nWo pack, and I guess the nWo pack in general, makes sense.

WCW mode roster:

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac, Scott Steiner, Curt Hennig, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, Goldberg, Cactus Jack, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, The Giant, Brian Pillman, DDP, Vader. Maybe Buff will make the cut. Perhaps Dean Malenko and Hugh Morrus, but no Norman, Disco, Alex Wright, Jerry Flynn, or Kanyon. Arn was in a game a few years ago so they have his model as well. And Lex.

I can't ever seeing them do an ECW mode.

Some more pictures from an old PWI;

funks.jpg

Sheik works over Dory using his trademark pencil;

sheik.jpg

Mr. Wrestling II with the NWA Georgia Heavyweight Championship;

Mr_Wrestling_II.jpg

Bruno & Backlund;

bruno_bob.jpg

Captain Lou;

albano121.jpg

The Hulkster reveals his sensitive side;

Hulkster.jpg

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Nagata.gif

It probably helps that Hashimoto was a hell of a lot bigger than Low Ki. ;) Thanks for the link!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is Tatanka right and did Lex Luger sell out to the Million Dollar Man? 54 percent of people think Luger did sell out. Tatanka would never lie to us and he has proof!

#TeamTatanka.

Verendus

Banned
WCW mode roster:

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X-Pac, Scott Steiner, Curt Hennig, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Booker T, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, Goldberg, Cactus Jack, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, The Giant, Brian Pillman, DDP, Vader. Maybe Buff will make the cut. Perhaps Dean Malenko and Hugh Morrus, but no Norman, Disco, Alex Wright, Jerry Flynn, or Kanyon. Arn was in a game a few years ago so they have his model as well. And Lex.

I can't ever seeing them do an ECW mode.
I hope they put 2005 Eddie Guerrero in the game.

They take the piss with how some wrestlers get so many multiple models, but they can't give Eddie his World Champion look.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will never get tired of seeing how healthy Jake and Scott are now. Every time I see them doing an interview or something, it just makes me mark like I'd mark for one of my fave five winning a title as a kid.

Rapstah

I hope they put 2005 Eddie Guerrero in the game.

They take the piss with how some wrestlers get so many multiple models, but they can't give Eddie his World Champion look.

I can't wait for 2002 Hollywood Hulk Hogan, 1996 Vader, 80s Rick Rude and 1987 Ricky Steamboat and Virgil.

Verendus

Banned
I can't wait for 2002 Hollywood Hulk Hogan, 1996 Vader, 80s Rick Rude and 1987 Ricky Steamboat and Virgil.
I want everything now. Because they suck so much at updating anything else in the game, at least just extend the roster to a ridiculous size for me.

Top Bottom