• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

strobogo

Banned
I want everything now. Because they suck so much at updating anything else in the game, at least just extend the roster to a ridiculous size for me.

Since the graphics haven't improved since 2007 or so, I've been thinking for years that they should just put all the models they have into the game. Actually, the models became noticeably worse when they dropped the SvR branding, so any models before that would stick out hilariously in a current game.

OT thread for ER
1502%20-%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20glasses%20nxt%20percy_watson%20wwe.gif

I kinda like OTs for PPVs Special Events - it helps being new people into the madness, that are smart enough not to visit this thread daily.

dream

At this point, much like POPGAF's OT menstrual cycles, I consider wrestling gaf's excursions into OT to just be your time of the month.

strobogo

Banned
I'm of the opinion that we should only have OT topics for WM, Summerslam, and when someone dies. B-PPVs/Punk leaving are not OT worthy.

Thorakai

The line for Off-topic threads will be crossed when a TNA PPV thread gets made. Good thing the company will be out of business before that happens.

dream

I'm of the opinion that we should only have OT topics for WM, Summerslam, and when someone dies. B-PPVs/Punk leaving are not OT worthy.

I'll co-sign, but we have to negotiate the death part if only to preempt OT weirdos from making OT posts when Gene Snitsky or Chris Daniels dies.

I'll co-sign, but we have to negotiate the death part if only to preempt OT weirdos from making OT posts when Gene Snitsky or Chris Daniels dies.

10 major titles or more, they get an OT. "Major" meaning world heavyweight/top of the company titles.
Oh, and...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700657

But that's G-FEX, who nobody likes (yet everyone seems to welcome back whenever the other communities he tries to join ostracize him).

I'm shocked a TNA thread got 9 pages.

strobogo

Banned

I agree. Only people from the Golden Era, Attitude Era, and current popular wrestlers (such as Punk, Cena, Bryan, Camacho) count. Anyone from the Ruthless Aggression Era that isn't still around doesn't count. Anyone from the pre-Hulkamania era doesn't count.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Nobody in OT that doesn't browse here gives a shit about Extreme Rules, especially with a card like this.
Can't wait to make the Chikara and G1 climax OT's

Just add a bunch of Shibata gifs of him beating the hell out of people and have the marks think it's a legit shoot sport. We'll be OT5 by the time we get to the Seibu Dome.

Looking back on it, I wish they had done a "triple main event" at WM18, with Austin vs HHH for the title (already had a back story), Hogan vs. Rock, and Hall/Nash vs. Taker/Kane.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I agree. Only people from the Golden Era, Attitude Era, and current popular wrestlers (such as Punk, Cena, Bryan, Camacho) count. Anyone from the Ruthless Aggression Era that isn't still around doesn't count. Anyone from the pre-Hulkamania era doesn't count.

Well it all depends on how they die, doesn't it?

strobogo

Banned
Looking back on it, I wish they had done a "triple main event" at WM18, with Austin vs HHH for the title (already had a back story), Hogan vs. Rock, and Hall/Nash vs. Taker/Kane.

Looking back, it is kind of strange that they did Hall/Austin with the idea that Hall would put on a better match when Hall had been out of action longer than Nash and was much less stable. And the idea that Nash is a guy that Vince built his whole company around for a year, but had more faith in a very troubled Hall. Nash/Austin was more of a money match. Besides a weekend in ECW, Hall hadn't done anything in 2 years. I think the right move was made to do Rock/Hogan instead of Austin/Hogan, but I'm not sure if Hall/Austin was the right move over Nash/Austin. Although I do think Hall/Austin is a bit underrated. They were really stiff with each other in that match.

Well it all depends on how they die, doesn't it?

Murders only.

Carnby

I was watching Taker Vs. HBK from In Your House Ground Zero '97, and what ever happened to the obnoxious bell ringing when wrestlers fight after the match has ended?

DING DING DING DING DING!!!

BTW, if you haven't seen this match, watch it. It's their first match ever and it's fantastic. Shawn is a tweener and DX is months from forming. Taker beats the snot out of Shawn the whole match. The spots and Shawn's selling make it an exciting match with some hilarious moments.

4 stars.

strobogo

Banned
I made an ex girlfriend of mine watch Warrior/Savage, and Savage/Sherri vs Dusty/Sapphire with me. And she went a long with it with no complaints. I should have married her. We got together shortly after Mach died and I never hid my love of the Macho Man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looks like either the Vault was out of order or I screwed up because I was too tired the other day but apparently I skipped Halloween Havoc 1997. I know nothing about it besides the NWO was probably doing something incredibly dumb.

Top Bottom