• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Razorskin

----- ------
Seth Rollins is big into crossfit according to Cesaro on Jericho's podcast, his selling in the ring seem safe in comparison.

Well there lies the furthest end of the pro-Batista anti-Bryan spectrum, Verendus.

I have to admit I'm gonna miss that noise. Apparently he poked Gaming side too hard. I think.

Wonder for how long, does anyone know?

Well there lies the furthest end of the pro-Batista anti-Bryan spectrum, Verendus.

I have to admit I'm gonna miss that noise. Apparently he poked Gaming side too hard. I think.

Wonder for how long, does anyone know?

Shitposting in Gaming is like playing with a pogo stick in a foxhole. It feels good, but it doesn't last.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Having good matches alone isn't enough anymore. All that's going to happen is Shinsuke is going to feud with that hillbilly AJ something something gaijin bullet club yeaow something something. NJPW is going to look like WWE's TNA even though they're in a much better position, but AJ is the TNA guy, so it makes Jado and Gedo look like Dixie with hotshotting the title.

Yujiro's going to wrestle Okada and get lost in the shuffle. Bullet Club will continue to be three stooges of NJPW. We'll be told to take them serious even though there's no reason to. They're pretty much NWO Silver or whichever one had Vincent, Stevie Ray, and Scott Norton(sorry Scott). And Okada/Nakamura/Tanahashi will have the title back by the end of the year. AJ will continue to have the same matches he's had since 2004. AJ will probably call Shinsuke a faggot because it's Japan and he can get away with his rampant homophobia there

Yawn. I do enjoy wooo pretending that AJ is worth a shit though just because he's in glorious NJPW now

Holy shit I just had a revelation.

Justin Credible - Just Incredible.

I somehow never realized this. I always thought his name was Justin and he was a credible dude. Like anyone would vouch for him or some shit.

The things you realize when you're drunk

Ahh what an amazing day.

HyTixMU.gif

tm24

BOSJ lineup and the Back to Yokohama Arena card announced!

A Block

Jushin Liger
KUSHIDA
BUSHI
Mascara fucking Dorada woooooooooooooo!
Ricochet
Alex Kozlov
TAKA
Matt Jackson

B Block
Tige Mask
Taguchi
El Desperado
Alex Shelley
Kenny omega
Rocky Romero
Taichi
Nick Jackson

Woo at Mascara Dorada being the CMLL rep. Since he's had more exposure than usual CMLL reps, i wonder if he might advance pretty far just so he can do so many dives. Ricochet v Dorada is gonna be magical

Road to BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXI: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, El Desperado & Mascara Dorada vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, BUSHI, KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley
Special Eight Man Tag Match: Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga
NWA World Tag Title - 3 Way: Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan (C) vs. Rob Conway & Wes Brisco vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton "X" Benjamin
Special Singles Match: Bad Luck Fale vs. Tetsuya Naito
Pro Wrestling vs. Jiu-Jitsu: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rolles Gracie
NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii (C) vs. Kota Ibushi
IWGP Tag Title Contendership: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (C) vs. Daniel Gracie
IWGP Heavyweight Title: Winner of Styles/Elgin vs. Kazuchika Okada

Okada gets his rematch. I honestly wonder if NJPW is gonna do a Sombra IC title reign with Styles and that he'll get one defense on home soil before losing it back. Wouldn;t doubt it. Ishii v Ibushi will be great

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This should be the downspiral of Okada. Where he's like begging Naito for a match now, just like old times. And Naito's like 'pft, you lost to AJ'

I somehow never realized this. I always thought his name was Justin and he was a credible dude. Like anyone would vouch for him or some shit.

Ahh what an amazing day.
Man I noticed that right away, probably before I finished reading the name. But that'd be an excellent gimmick - "guy who's credible and gets vouched for"

Jamie OD

Ahh what an amazing day.

Let's see if it can be improved further.

Man = Dude
Kind = Love

Nothing too shocking in that BosJ line-up, but real glad to see Ricochet & Omega back in New Japan! Also, Mascara Dorada vs Ricochet...uh, that should be pretty nuts. Shame we didn't get the teased Nagata vs Shibata match for the Yokohama Arena show, but Tana & Makabe vs Shibata & Goto should be awesome. Also, that NEVER title match should be something.

Yawn. I do enjoy wooo pretending that AJ is worth a shit though just because he's in glorious NJPW now

Honestly, I'm surprised you aren't cheering along with them, considering both you and wooo seem to blindly despise Okada and couldn't wait for his title run to end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, I'm surprised you aren't cheering along with them, considering both you and wooo seem to blindly despise Okada and couldn't wait for his title run to end.

Presenting points is blindly despising now, is it? That's quite an argument you have.

I dunno, it just sounded like whinging to me. Something about Gedo & Jado pushing their pet project over guys with real talent like Naito? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else...

*shrugs*

Ignore me, I've had it up to here with New Japan pessimists in the past 24hrs. Such doom and gloom predicted, all off the back of one show that I kinda enjoyed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But Okada is their pet project. It's like a Triple H fan acting like Stephanie isn't part of why he's still on top in 2004. The title to AJ is the definition of hot shotting it.

Don't worry though, you don't have to worry about my pessimism. I'm done with NJPW. They've fucked up too many times this year, and I don't care about a company that has good matches but seems to lack any kind of interesting direction. The whole promotion's pretty much on repeat. The last major character change was Devitt and how long ago was that? There's nothing fresh or new in any branches of New Japan that actually matters. The 'new' thing is a guy who's the definition of stale. I don't even have to watch the match to know AJ probably did a pele, that springboard reverse ddt, and a styles clash. Because he's fucking boring. He can't sell well. He can't cut a remotely decent promo, and his heel mannerisms are absolutely awful. Some of the worst in the history of pro wrestling. And I'm sure Okada will continue to do the rainmaker gimmick even though it's less of a gimmick now than it is just a title. The character has completely leaked off of him, and there's no longer anything special about him. He's just another ace or young lion who can wrestle good. NJPW has a million of those.

This is no different than when there's a bad Raw, and you say 'Well, can't wait for <other promotions card>'
tumblr_n50ds7gATZ1ryji3io1_500.jpg

But Okada is their pet project. It's like a Triple H fan acting like Stephanie isn't part of why he's still on top in 2004. The title to AJ is the definition of hot shotting it.

I didn't say he wasn't their pet project and am fully aware that he's only been given such a push because Gedo & Jado saw an opportunity in him to quickly create a main event star - and you know what? IT WORKED. None of this would be happening had Okada's match with Tanahashi at New Beginning fell flat. Instead, they've created the first wrestler to rival Tanahashi and Nakamura's star power in YEARS and this is somehow a bad thing? Sure.

Also, they didn't hot-shot the title to AJ, they just put him in the spot that for months and months had been intended for Devitt. Now, if AJ drops the title back to Okada, that'll be a hot shot.

Dragonzord said:
The last major character change was Devitt and how long ago was that?

Yujiro turned on CHAOS just yesterday.

Dragonzord said:
And I'm sure Okada will continue to do the rainmaker gimmick even though it's less of a gimmick now than it is just a title. The character has completely leaked off of him, and there's no longer anything special about him. He's just another ace or young lion who can wrestle good. NJPW has a million of those.

I thought it should be obvious as to why he isn't playing up the Rainmaker character of an arrogant, rich playboy who thinks he's better than everyone, considering that he's the face of his current feud. Go back and watch the run-in to the Naito match - lots of Okada acting like a dick, wanting to "crush Naito's pathetic dream". He'll turn the character on and off as needed - at the moment? It's not needed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yujiro will still be the exact same character in Bullet Club that he was in CHAOS. He's just going to be another generic Bullet Club goon instead of CHAOS. Outside of him having an effect on the title change, it's a backstep for his character because he's going to be even more relegated to another guy in a bullet club shirt who runs interference.

hf53txg.jpg

Dragonzord said:
Yujiro will still be the exact same character in Bullet Club that he was in CHAOS. He's just going to be another generic Bullet Club goon instead of CHAOS. Outside of him having an effect on the title change, it's a backstep for his character because he's going to be even more relegated to another guy in a bullet club shirt who runs interference.

Well, we're going to have to wait a few months and see, it's FAR too early to be saying this is a backstep considering this is the most notable thing Yujiro's done since 2012 - honestly, I see this as being a big step for Yujiro. Sure, he could become just another Bullet Club goon, but this opens up a lot of opportunities for him. Okada will likely want to get his hands on him, at some point, maybe other members of CHAOS as well - Bullet Club want to take all the belts in New Japan, so I could easily see a Yujiro vs Ishii feud for the NEVER belt.

Showaddy

I dunno if I had worked there for almost 10 years and then found out fucking AJ was rocking up out of no where and getting the top belt over me I'd probably leave as well lol

Nah, it's more like Devitt told them he was leaving so they had to find someone to replace him in this angle.

The person who SHOULD be annoyed is Karl Anderson - been over there for 6 years now, real hard-worker and probably the 2nd most popular gaijin after Devitt, yet AJ takes the spot at the top, not him.

I HAVE A FACT...

Triple H makes the shape of a H when he does his famous pose. He usually does it on the apron...

eYrCOVt.jpg

The twice in the ring...

upf5u0y.jpg

Three H's

Top Bottom