• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

geomon

Exactly. Peeps here have to realize that as the top champion of the company, your pool of possible opponents is incredibly limited.

If you want Bryan as champion, this is the kind of feud you should expect for B PPVs.

Sheamus is Irish Cena: It makes all the sense in the world to turn him, but he's too over as a face for them to do so.

I think heel Sheamus would work well though.

I loved heel Sheamus when he first showed up in ECW and then later beating HHH to near death with steel pipes. It was beautiful.

Exactly. Peeps here have to realize that as the top champion of the company, your pool of possible opponents is incredibly limited.

If you want Bryan as champion, this is the kind of feud you should expect for B PPVs.

Sheamus is Irish Cena: It makes all the sense in the world to turn him, but he's too over as a face for them to do so.

I think heel Sheamus would work well though.

Extenuating circumstances have hindered Bryan's momentum outside of booking. Do you want him to be a complete dick and ignore the fact that his dad died or stall his honeymoon? Giving up on Daniel Bryan right now just wouldn't be fair to the guy, especially for his first title defense.

The fact that it's Kane is beside the point and I fear this program continues.

Sheamus pls.

You don't have to put the guy over in order to make new stars, friend. The matches will speak for itself if he's against someone like Ziggler or Cody. A Sheamus match is fresh enough to gauge interest for a lot of people especially if Sheamus turns face. No ones complaining about Cena didn't lose clean. But no you'll find reasons to poo poo these claims because you think you're so above the "IWC", friend.

You're right, friend. All of Cena's opponents that have "held down their own" have been elevated to new heights, and are now top stars in the company.

Just look at Ziggler and Sandow

111557Ghs.jpg

BmWdgsXCMAAs1gi.jpg:medium

You're right, friend. All of Cena's opponents that have "held down their own" have been elevated to new heights, and are now top stars in the company.

Just look at Ziggler and Sandow.

Bryan brings believability to his matches which the audience can give a shit about. Cena just lays there. The only program Cena was in I EVER gave a shit about was Punk. Watch Over the Limit 2010 and not tell me Ziggler and Bryan came out of that looking like top stars. Sometimes you gotta break a couple of eggs to make an omelet, friend.

All those pictures you showed me are all just examples of Cena bs. Sure if Bryan straight up buries people in build ups sure but you got nothing, friend.

friend friend friend friend

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Card is such shit tonight. It's like one great thing versus something shit:

DB vs Kane- the best worker on earth vs Kane...In 2014.

Cena vs Wyatt- Ugh SuperCena gonna SuperCena probably.

Big E vs BNB- most entertaining guy vs the most bland guy

Cesaro vs Swagger vs RVD- I love Swagger, especially with Zeb, better than most. Obviously love Cesaro. No need for RVD in this at all.

Paige vs Tamina- Paige is good. Tamina not so much.

Rusev vs Black Jobbers- why

WiiLC match- actually WWE has done a great job with this feud and I'm looking forward to it.

This card needs more stipulations though. It's extreme rules.

Extenuating circumstances have hindered Bryan's momentum outside of booking. Do you want him to be a complete dick and ignore the fact that his dad died or stall his honeymoon? Giving up on Daniel Bryan right now just wouldn't be fair to the guy, especially for his first title defense.

The fact that it's Kane is beside the point and I fear this program continues.

Sheamus pls.
From everything I've evaluated, this is the blowoff to the Kane feud and Bryan should go over in dominant fashion.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
If Bryan carries the belt til next Mania who do you go with as an opponent? Wyatt playing mind games with him would make for an incredible feud.

Striker

I loved heel Sheamus when he first showed up in ECW and then later beating HHH to near death with steel pipes. It was beautiful.
Heel Sheamus?

rbHDjRo.jpg

You know, just because!

If Bryan carries the belt til next Mania who do you go with as an opponent? Wyatt playing mind games with him would make for an incredible feud.
Lesnar is the only who makes sense. Or Cesaro if he's booked properly (with perhaps a Rumble win).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane isn't a believable contender either, so suggesting that is what makes him better than any of the other names you mentioned is beyond ridiculous.

Kane doesn't have very interesting matches, any of the people in Bionic's post would hage had a better and more entertaining match with Bryan than Kane will have. I am sorry Soulplaya, nothing against the guy, but Kane should not be a main eventer anymore. Does anyone remember the epic title matches he's had in the past years? Like that stellar Ambulance match against Cena?

Suggesting he is at least better than Big Show is a stretch as well, their matches are equally boring and neither should be in title matches.
No, there's no way that Kane isn't much better than Show. He just is. And the ambulance match wasn't a title match.

Here's something you guys need to understand too. . . . . this isn't the main event. Kane is not main eventing this PPV.

It's clear the WWE wanted Evolution/Shield and they had to find something for Bryan to do. I'd rather they have Kane be the filler than waste a Cesaro/Bryan match and not have that be a legit main event.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think Bryan will drop the belt either at SummerSlam or around October at the latest to whoever wins MitB. I am thinking Cesaro or Reigns.

...Who will then drop the belt at the Rumble against whoever they want headlining Mania

Alucard

Banned
Cedric Alexander is a former member of the best-named pro wrestling tag team ever: C&C Wrestle Factory. He's been doing singles matches in 2014 and is a talented young worker with really good cardio. He's currently feuding with Roderick Strong over who has the better back breaker. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with his performance against Okada. He's good.

I think Bryan will drop the belt either at SummerSlam or around October at the latest to whoever wins MitB. I am thinking Cesaro or Reigns.

...Who will then drop the belt at the Rumble against whoever they want headlining Mania

If they wanna rejuvenate the brand, drop it at Survivor Series to Brock.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, Bryan fans are cracking me up.

What kind of feuds did you exactly think he'd be a part of as champion? There are very few top-level guys to feud with.

Let's say they give in to the IWC's wet dream and give us Bryan vs. Cesaro. That would be pretty cool, but a feud like that wouldn't last for more than a month.

Where then? If they go for Batista and Orton you fuckers would complain that they'd already done this to death.

Cody, Ziggler, Ryder, etc.? They aren't believable opponents. And if Bryan keeps winning against midcarders you'll be complaining that "he isn't making new stars" / "putting anyone over"

John Cena? Either Cena wins lol or "Bryan didn't win 100% clean so I'll complain"

Brock Lesnar? This one will happen eventually but not until Summerslam at the earliest.

You guys got your champion. Meaning that he'll have champion level opponents. Prepare for Big Show next, friends.

I like to call this the John Cena Paradox.
I wonder how WrassleGAF would have reacted in 1998 when after beating HBK, Austin got thrown into a two month feud with Dude Love, his old Tag Team partner who had been jobbing for months before he faced Austin. A guy who's less mobile than Kane is now.

Wonder if the disinterest in current NJPW will lead to more people checking out Dragon Gate's biggest show of the year come Monday...

Dragon Gate, "DEAD or ALIVE", 2014.05.05
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $25

| 16:00 Japan | 09:00 EU | 08:00 UK | 03:00 East Coast | 00:00 West Coast |

0. Mondai Ryu vs Ryotsu Shimizu vs Kotoka
1. Mad Blankey (Cyber Kong & Kzy) vs Monster Express (Uhaa Nation & Shachihoko BOY)
2. Gamma & Yosuke=Santa Maria vs Jimmyz (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kagetora
3. Open the Brave Gate Title: Flamita © vs Jimmy Susumu
4. Open the Twin Gate Titles: Monster Express (Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji)
5. Open the Triangle Gate Titles: Millenials (T-Hawk, Eita & U-T) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Dragon Kid, K-ness & Super Shisa)
6. Open the Dream Gate Title: Ricochet © vs YAMATO
7. Steel Cage Survival Scapegoat Mascara contra Cabellera: Naruki Doi vs BxB Hulk vs Jimmy Kanda vs Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs Masato Yoshino vs CIMA*

The scapegoat of the last competitor in the cage will lose their mask or hair. The scapegoats are:
CIMA: Dragon Kid, Yoshino: Shachihoko BOY, Tanizaki: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Kanda: Jimmy Susumu, Doi: Kzy, Hulk: Cyber Kong

Seriously, that's an awesome looking card. Matches 3 through 7 should be great fun.

This guy;

D9ApgVQ.gif

Is it going to be ondemand?

Also, did you watch Hero vs Tanaka from DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate? So fucking good. Definitely my #2 behind Ishii vs Naito.

More on that "WWE doesn't BO-lieve in Bryan" stuff from PWInsider:

It was from a Johnson audio. Not his opinion. Just stuff he heard from his sources in the company.

Mountains out of molehills. Also, this whole thing has been Bryan proving his doubters wrong over and over with any opportunity he gets. He'll keep doing it.

OK, this match rocks;

Seiji Sakaguchi & Michiko Yoshimura vs Dory Funk Jr. & Dick Murdoch - 2/3 Falls - (JWA 1971/12/12)

Decision Match for the All Asia Tag Titles here, as NWA World Heavyweight Champ Dory Funk Jr. and a younger (slimmer) Dick Murdoch take on the hometown heroes of Sakaguchi & Yoshimura. The crowd are hot for this one and the last two falls are wild. Real fun match. Incidentally, this was the night before the JWA fired Inoki and in the process lost Fujinami, Sakaguchi & Kimura when New Japan started just three months later. Baba stuck with the JWA for a while, but when Inoki started having success he too left to form All Japan and the JWA eventually folded in '73.

Oh, and watch out for Sakaguchi's backbreaker - looks like he's going for an atomic drop, but then drops the small of the opponent's back over his knee. Ouch.

Is it going to be ondemand?

Also, did you watch Hero vs Tanaka from DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate? So fucking good. Definitely my #2 behind Ishii vs Naito.

Yep, it should be available for a week on demand - haven't got round to watching Hero vs Tanaka yet, but I heard it was real good.

Sblargh

Banned
Low expectations work well in Bryan's favor after that OMG wrestlemania we had. That is, IF the match is good.

If the match is really good, then we'll have another "Yeah, it pays to have faith in D-Bry", if not, then, well...

Looks like Leah Van Dale (Carmella), Big Cass, and Enzo Amore will be a stable in the future.

avwL57Ml.jpg

I am happy with that! Getting the SWAFT gimmick into the NXT Diva Division as well as the main team seems like a good plan!

Started watching the Progress Ch12 show, UK Wrasslegaf, when the fuck did Mad Man Manson get ripped? Last time I saw him was when 1PW was still running.

strobogo

Banned
The best part of the Paul E. Heyman/Paul Dangerously episodes with Austin is that all of his Vince impressions start out with "God damn, pal".

Ithil

Looks like Leah Van Dale (Carmella), Big Cass, and Enzo Amore will be a stable in the future.

avwL57Ml.jpg

I am happy with that! Getting the SWAFT gimmick into the NXT Diva Division as well as the main team seems like a good plan!

Might just be for a house show, they do a lot of one night only things at those. In any case, she'd only be a manager for now since she can't be more than a few months into wrestling training.

Top Bottom