• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Razzer

So this might be a bad time to ask this kinda thing, but with the Gaf hype around Wrestlemania and now this (kinda) I've been thinking of watching wrestling again after stopping a number of years ago. That was when I was a teen though.

Basically, what's the general rundown of who are the best wrestlers right now etc. I've noticed that a number of older ones get hated a lot here, particularly ones from when I was watching, which was like 2008. At least, I remember when I first started watching Orton was doing this story where he was knocking out old 'legends' with a kick to the face, and I stopped watching a few months after CM Punk started appearing on Raw and Smackdown rather than ECW. Anyway, what I remember from back then was liking Batista and CM Punk, not liking Cena, thinking Orton was a pretty good villain and some other stuff I don't remember that well. Were those guys always bad and I just didn't realize cus I was young or is it a more recent thing?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So this might be a bad time to ask this kinda thing, but with the Gaf hype around Wrestlemania and now this (kinda) I've been thinking of watching wrestling again after stopping a number of years ago. That was when I was a teen though.

Basically, what's the general rundown of who are the best wrestlers right now etc. I've noticed that a number of older ones get hated a lot here, particularly ones from when I was watching, which was like 2008. At least, remember when I first started watching Orton was doing this story where he was knocking out old 'legends' with a kick to the face, and I stopped watching a few months after CM Punk started appearing on Raw and Smackdown rather than ECW. Anyway, what I remember from back then was liking Batista and CM Punk, not liking Cena, thinking Orton was a pretty good villain and some other stuff I don't remember that well. Were those guys always bad and I just didn't realize cus I was young or is it a more recent thing?

First thing you want to do is subscribe to the Network. Subscribe subscribe subscribe! It has all the content you'll need.

Also you'll find out nobody knows jack shit here so it doesn't matter. You like who you like, fuck it if others don't.

Collectively we're still a little butthurt that Punk ran off because he wasn't getting a main event at Wrestlemania and that's a shitty thing to do.

Bateaster is still great but people are pretending he sucks just to upset knowledgable people.

We'll talk more later. Welcome goddammit welcome!

njean777

Pretty good show, loved The Shield and Evolution match. The DB match was great as well. Where does the shield go from here though if Evolution is breaking up?

geomon

First thing you want to do is subscribe to the Network. Subscribe subscribe subscribe! It has all the content you'll need.

Also you'll find out nobody knows jack shit here so it doesn't matter. You like who you like, fuck it if others don't.

Collectively we're still a little butthurt that Punk ran off because he wasn't getting a main event at Wrestlemania and that's a shitty thing to do.

Bateaster is still great but people are pretending he sucks just to upset knowledgable people.

Listen to this man. He's a billionaire.

stay jobbing, black people

how very fuckin' progressive, WWE

OziEunE.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Idk why batista did his rope taunt signal, it looked like he didn't have enough energy to even do that

He was supposed to look exhausted and "done with this" - it helps that he was tired, too. As you would be. As any of us would be because everyone here is goddamn out of shape too!

Except FE and myself.

I got really upset when my two roommates both called Rusev fat and said he didn't look strong. Very upset about those kinds of words thrown around. They don't understand the world of men and muscle. They can never understand.

Rusev is a worthless piece of crap.

Lana will outlast his ass, and is already more over.

Thorakai

Damn RVD's eye. I'd be freaking out that my eye could get cut as I realize I'm about to land on the metal scrap of a dollar store trash can.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I can't get over how dog shit that cage match was. Modern cage matches suck, it didn't keep the other two stooges out and the little Johnny thing...my god.
I liked the BNB match, the Shield match was great and that's about it.

I liked the Gracie's match more than most of this card.

Oh well

I can't get over how dog shit that cage match was. Modern cage matches suck, it didn't keep the other two stooges out and the little Johnny thing...my god.
I liked the BNB match, the Shield match was great and that's about it.

I liked the Gracie's match more than most of this card.

Oh well

Little kid's voice was great, I thought I was watching Tim and Eric or something.

strobogo

Banned
He was supposed to look exhausted and "done with this" - it helps that he was tired, too. As you would be. As any of us would be because everyone here is goddamn out of shape too!

Except FE and myself.

So why did he look exhausted and "done with this" after the ring clearing in the opening exchange and then throwing a few shoulders in the corner minutes later before tagging right back out? Because he was most definitely sweating profusely and heaving over the ropes 5 minutes into the match.

Razzer

So I read up on the network and it isn't available in the UK yet I think?

Top Bottom