• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

gurudyne

Read some reviews of the show. Sounds decent overall. I wonder what they'll do with Big E now. Heel turn or random tag team with another black wrestler just because they're both black?

Does Big E have a face/heel alignment? He was a face against Axel, but has he done anything since then that's denoted anything about his personality? As far as the shows are concerned, he's such a blank card, they could slot him anywhere in the mid-/under-card and it would "work".

Biggest problem is there's nothing about him that you can latch onto. All of his mannerisms and moves say "I'm big and speedy" but that's it and outside of being on commentary, I don't remember him trying to change things up since Ziggler/AJ. I can see a tag team with someone with some personality to play off of working for him as it'd give him a chance to develop an on-screen persona.

Showaddy

No one has won best and worst match in the same year. The cage match was legitimately one of the worst things I've seen in wrestling, especially at that level. Every thing about it was bad and wrong. No intensity at all, both guys trying to escape when it made no sense for the storyline, the whole point of the cage being negated almost from the very start since Harper and Rowan were interfering the entire match, really weird and stupid spots like the struggle over the door, hilariously bad acting from Cena (even by his standards), no flow whatsoever, and then the little Johnny shit. That was a dying days Nitro main event.

The match was a complete joke from the start, Cena wanted the cage to keep the family out despite burying all 3 with ease at Mania. Not sure who the hell booked the match but it genuinely felt like some Nexus level burial attempt at times; Cena's super door push, beating up Rowan with his beard, both men ignoring the door to try and climb out, that embarrassing ending just to preserve Cena...

tumblr_n5321efzmZ1rcc1myo2_500.png

geomon

No one has won best and worst match in the same year. The cage match was legitimately one of the worst things I've seen in wrestling, especially at that level. Every thing about it was bad and wrong. No intensity at all, both guys trying to escape when it made no sense for the storyline, the whole point of the cage being negated almost from the very start since Harper and Rowan were interfering the entire match, really weird and stupid spots like the struggle over the door, hilariously bad acting from Cena (even by his standards), no flow whatsoever, and then the little Johnny shit. That was a dying days Nitro main event.

Can't agree with this. There is no way it was that bad.

Paracelsus

he even has a manager who tells him when to finish it

I dunno whether I prefer "Rusev Crush" or the breaking of a cigar though

Astrada was a better talker, and he called for a better finisher. I honestly hate submission finishers with a passion, unless they come paired with a different one.

Cesaro's
Failure_to_Launch.jpg

puts him in league with Ryback and Curtis Axel

So people are hating Rusev because the Bulgarian bruiser is going to take his push

Reason for that. He was trained by Umaga's brother, Rikishi. Which is why I like him so much. Because I was a huge Umaga mark.

Guy is big, can jump high and can move fast, I hope they don't Kozlov him.

Can't agree with this. There is no way it was that bad.

Cena managed to go over despite losing. It was bad.

Phatmac

Yeah that Cena stuff was bad. It made the Wyatt family look weak. Hope this is the end of that and The Wyatts can move on to another storyline.

geomon

It absolutely was that bad. When the Gracie's put on a better match that weekend, you know you done fucked up.

No, just no. It can't be worse than New Blood Rising or Greed. It's not possible. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was a great match, but there was some good points in there. Yes the child thing was dumb (especially the backstage promo) but it is what it is. Hopefully we never seem him again.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
No, just no. It can't be worse than New Blood Rising or Greed. It's not possible. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was a great match, but there was some good points in there. Yes the child thing was dumb (especially the backstage promo) but it is what it is. Hopefully we never seem him again.

That little shit will be on RAW.

I can understand being indifferent to the show but I don't see how it was good outside of the Shield-Evolution match. On paper it looks great but almost every match was meandering, sloppy, poorly told, or just existed to fill space in history. Literally every person I'd like to win won and it still all fell flat.

styl3s

Show was really good. Fuck the cynics.

tumblr_n52uxwKPQy1rbj206o2_400.gif
I missed the live event but watched the cena/wyatt and bryan/kane match and i really really really enjoyed both matches.

Going to watch the rest tomorrow when i wake up. Those 2 matches alone were better then 90% of the shit that i suffered through over the past 6-7 ppvs so there's that.

I missed the live event but watched the cena/wyatt and bryan/kane match and i really really really enjoyed both matches.

Going to watch the rest tomorrow when i wake up. Those 2 matches alone were better then 90% of the shit that i suffered through over the past 6-7 ppvs so there's that.

It's a shame the cameraman missed Rollins killing himself repeatedly. We still never found out what the big "holy shit" spot was in the crowd.

Paracelsus

So much buildup for this discussion and then you make fat jokes you in true Cena fashion. For shame my friend.

Fat shaming is his heelish way to "take your vitamins, say your prayers". He can't tell his little fans "don't be a fatass". Well, that and he was always known for junior high school-tier jokes.

Top Bottom