• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Gorillaz

Big E really needs to adapt that twitter personality to.....everything

He was supposed to look exhausted and "done with this" - it helps that he was tired, too. As you would be. As any of us would be because everyone here is goddamn out of shape too!

Except FE and myself.

Lol I'm decent, not athletic style in shape like I was last year (school and work) but I just wonder if dude actually prepped before he came back or not.

It doesn't matter tho in the long run because this is a mutual deal between him and the company but it's interesting

strobogo

Banned
I can already see it now:

Worst Worked Match Of The Year: John Cena vs Bray Wyatt Steel Cage Match Extreme Rules 2014 MINUS 5 STARS

mlIbMmu.gif

I love how Rowan almost grabs the chair like he's used to carrying the rocking chair to the ring.

The best part is that he plays it off and looks confused

hahaha wtf

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So why did he look exhausted and "done with this" after the ring clearing in the opening exchange and then throwing a few shoulders in the corner minutes later before tagging right back out? Because he was most definitely sweating profusely and heaving over the ropes 5 minutes into the match.

Lol I'm decent, not athletic style in shape like I was last year (school and work) but I just wonder if dude actually prepped before he came back or not

ibsDy8yM1OTlp.gif

Showaddy

I can already see it now:

Worst Worked Match Of The Year: John Cena vs Bray Wyatt Steel Cage Match Extreme Rules 2014 MINUS 5 STARS

Has anyone ever won Match of the Year & Worst of the Year in one sitting? Difference between this shitfest and Bray's Bryan or Shield match is startling to say the least lol

gurudyne

God, I know they're pressed for time and everything, but the LAW guys can be dicks. Just chime in and say it's getting a bit long.

On the one hand, I understand--I've heard them tell guys to hurry up before and it rarely saves time because when fans have questions and are given a microphone, they want to use it--but at the same time, they spend just a little too much time making fun of the ramblers. Cut the mic, sum up and move on if it's so urgent.

That was a good-ass PPV.

Agreed. The only things that caused apathy or worse were Rusev (apathy) and Cena-Wyatt (actively disliked). And for the last one, I actually liked the idea of the ending (so long as that's the LAST time we see that fucking kid--working with children is something no wrestler should have to be saddled with), but my God did Cena make the Wyatts look like chumps throughout the entirety of that match. Reminded me so much of his cage match against Ziggler at the end of 2012. Horrible.

On the upside, everything else. Haven't read the OT thread, but I imagine Soul's got a few "told you so"s in the last few pages.

Lum1n3s

Rusev is a worthless piece of crap.

Lana will outlast his ass, and is already more over.

Why are people hating on Rusev? Dude looks like a straight up beast! If they pair him with the right wrestlers he can actually be more imposing than he is on these puny waste of time wrestlers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cesaro's
Failure_to_Launch.jpg

puts him in league with Ryback and Curtis Axel

So people are hating Rusev because the Bulgarian bruiser is going to take his push
Rusev's moveset reminds me of Umaga.

Reason for that. He was trained by Umaga's brother, Rikishi. Which is why I like him so much. Because I was a huge Umaga mark.

Alucard

Banned
Read some reviews of the show. Sounds decent overall. I wonder what they'll do with Big E now. Heel turn or random tag team with another black wrestler just because they're both black?

strobogo

Banned
Has anyone ever won Match of the Year & Worst of the Year in one sitting? Difference between this shitfest and Bray's Bryan or Shield match is startling to say the least lol

No one has won best and worst match in the same year. The cage match was legitimately one of the worst things I've seen in wrestling, especially at that level. Every thing about it was bad and wrong. No intensity at all, both guys trying to escape when it made no sense for the storyline, the whole point of the cage being negated almost from the very start since Harper and Rowan were interfering the entire match, really weird and stupid spots like the struggle over the door, hilariously bad acting from Cena (even by his standards), no flow whatsoever, and then the little Johnny shit. That was a dying days Nitro main event.

No one has won best and worst match in the same year. The cage match was legitimately one of the worst things I've seen in wrestling, especially at that level. Every thing about it was bad and wrong. No intensity at all, both guys trying to escape when it made no sense for the storyline, the whole point of the cage being negated almost from the very start since Harper and Rowan were interfering the entire match, really weird and stupid spots like the struggle over the door, hilariously bad acting from Cena (even by his standards), no flow whatsoever, and then the little Johnny shit. That was a dying days Nitro main event.

And this is coming from someone who went through WCW 2000 - 2001.

Top Bottom