• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

I won't have you talking mess about the Deacon.

Man whatever happened to the Freakin' Deacon?

He lost his soul patch and muscle mass, and filled his face with botox. His version of Samson's hair, essentially.

Deacon_batista.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Batista is leaving again Sunny, hope you are ready. He might finish out the week, but after that he's gone for now.

Also, tonight is the debut of ADAM ROSE. Yay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Batista is leaving again Sunny, hope you are ready. He might finish out the week, but after that he's gone for now.

Also, tonight is the debut of ADAM ROSE. Yay.

I'm ready for GotG. Big things.

Only thing Daniel Bryan will get a look from Hollywood for is a live-action version of David the Gnome.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Adam Rose is the pits, why do people like him? His song? It surely can't be his wrestling. "already in the ring Adam Rose" in 2 months and off TV in 3.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Saturday Night is actually even more interesting in the peak WCW years when they had nearly a 200 man roster.

Oh absolutely. Saturday Night had some really great matches. And not a lot of it is out there on the internet, so I hope the Network gets it eventually.

I'm ready for GotG. Big things.

Only thing Daniel Bryan will get a look from Hollywood for is a live-action version of David the Gnome.

if Elijah Wood ever need a stun man while playing a hobo.

Adam Rose is the pits, why do people like him? His song? It surely can't be his wrestling. "already in the ring Adam Rose" in 2 months and off TV in 3.

dude on the party bus, correct?

absolute shite gimmick, my god. it's like Fandango without the self awareness.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand the figure four belonging to someone, I thought it was a basic universal submission.

This plays into your newness though - after seeing Flair use it as his finishing move for DECADES, it has a lot of history for a lot of people. Sure, other people would bust it out from time to time but it would always pale in comparison to Flair's.

Sblargh

Banned
Bryan doesn't need to go to Hollywood, he loves wrestling, being a wrestler is all he wants to be, this is not a stepping stone for him, this is it, he's the best around and nobody gonna take him down.

Aiii

So not worth it
This plays into your newness though - after seeing Flair use it as his finishing move for DECADES, it has a lot of history for a lot of people. Sure, other people would bust it out from time to time but it would always pale in comparison to Flair's.

Dean Malenko would like a word with you Sunny Mac.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watching Clash of the Champions XXXIV

LOL Public Enemy doing the WCW Shopping Network promos. Also had a really good Jericho/Super Calo/Chavo vs La Parka/Konnan/Mr J.L. six-man match earlier (good despite Konnan's involvement, even).

Eddie vs Norton up next.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan doesn't need to go to Hollywood, he loves wrestling, being a wrestler is all he wants to be, this is not a stepping stone for him, this is it, he's the best around and nobody gonna take him down.

He has a unique skillset that can't really be used elsewhere.

Dean Malenko would like a word with you Sunny Mac.

I only remember him doing the Texas Cloverleaf.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't need any definition when you look like a beast! And so strong too!

I was so mad last night at my roommates. They just don't get it. "he looks fat!" they don't understand the quest for power, the riddle of muscle.

Never watched him growing up, but Papa Shango's fucking cool. He looks awesome. His gimmick is awesome. He's legit 2spooky, and he plays the gimmick up well. He looks convincing in the ring, and his finisher's badass.

tumblr_m607n3zRnp1r324lio1_400.gif

Much better gimmick than Fighting Machine. Would have loved to see him and Undertaker in like a year long 'will they or won't they' confrontation instead of just feeding him to Undertaker.

Papa Shango was Charles Wright's best gimmick, by far. He was kind of a proto-Bray Wyatt, and likewise, I'm worried they'll push Bray too far into the ludicrously gimmicked stuff. I really wish they'd brought him out for something at WM30 in that gimmick.

Yeah, it's wrestling, but you have to be careful how much you're asking the audience to suspend disbelief.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now you have me doubting myself Sunny.

I'm convinced Dean Malenko did the Figure Four... Didn't he?

Flair took the figure four (among other things) from Buddy Rogers, but I guess you could say he popularised it - however, it was a hold synonymous with Rogers for years and a whole bunch of guys made a name for themselves by reversing the figure four years before Flair was even wrestling (Don Muraco, for one). Incidentally, the little spinning toe hold Flair does to get into the figure four, he took that from The Destroyer Dick Beyer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Flair took the figure four (among other things) from Buddy Rogers, but I guess you could say he popularised it - however, it was a hold synonymous with Rogers for years and a whole bunch of guys made a name for themselves by reversing the figure four years before Flair was even wrestling (Don Muraco, for one). Incidentally, the little spinning toe hold Flair does to get into the figure four, he took that from The Destroyer Dick Beyer.

so I guess in the end you're saying
"fuck you sunny, eat shit"

I can live with that.

I do find it interesting that in Japan and some other spots, there's no reversal for the Figure Four - they just never worked it like that. I don't know if there's any other moves like that, where other regions simply don't buy into an aspect of it.

Sblargh

Banned
iblLsJdv1UnoIR.gif

Tito Santana! That's a figure four, right? At least the announcers say it is.

I kind of feel like people ribbing on Bret Hart by dismissing that there's any difference between the sharpshooter and the Sting version. It's a cool move and it looks unique, but that never stopped people from using it whenever they wanted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Figure Four wasn't restricted by any means, it just was part of Flair's legacy. That's all I mean! I got Bootaaay here calling out my Mat Cred which is making me hot, goddammit!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Figure four was a standard move in the 80's and 90's and tons and tons of people used it. Hell it wasn't until Flair's second WWE run that they basically made it his exclusive finisher.

Malvingt2

After last night PPV, I do want CM Punk back asap. Horrible PPV all around. Jesus what a mess. I didn't care about Kane vs DB. wasted of time.

Top Bottom