• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have a friend who recently found himself getting back into wrestling, and his wife got interested too. So for them, it's great. Not overwhelming and easy to consume. I want to just be able to go "kamala bowling" and have it pull that shit up immediately.

Yeah, I love their interstitial vids they play when they have spare time before the next event. Wish that was easy to pull up.

Wanna see the music video for Piledriver in HD.

jred2k

There was a good cage match last night/ this morning

Just saw Bootaaay's review up above. Looks bizarre fun and in the right ways.

Also, here is something to make everyone wince:

erOiLqu.jpg

Laserfrog

My favourite part of extreme rules was Cena running down during his entrance and suddenly stopping as he noticed - oh yes, there is a big scary cage here. Should I touch it? Cena thought as he looked at it with legit shook in his eyes. The cage was sharp like the sting from an agitated bumble bee.

Ithil

Somehow, the cage match, designed to get two opponents alone in a ring, had far more interference than the regular match at WM 30.

Ithil

I will say that as wacky as the main event was, it's going to look great in a video package. They can cut out the slow parts and fire extinguisher guy.

Stuart444

Any way to get Micro Cole, jerry smaller and JBELF as the main commentary team

I would take them over the normal commentary team...

I mean seriously, the main team just sounds bored and uninterested at times. They can't even act surprised or shock when something big happens. It brings the whole fucking show down for anyone who isn't there live in person.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Devitt's WWE name was going to be Blarney O'Patrick

I actually feel bad for Sheamus. WWE should book him and Devitt in a Toy Story like angle with Sheamus as Woody and Devitt as the shiny new toy, Buzz Lightyear.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't there a (dirtsheet) rumour going around that Sheamus is going heel?

There's a Sheetz rumor for everything.
Let's play Fact or Fiction:

Batista reportedly upset with being pinned twice in a row
Dean Ambrose cheating on Renee Young
Roman Reigns - doesn't tip in group situations
Triple H and Stephanie expecting another babby
Earthquake's sordid sumo past involves stealing food
Legion of Doom - past beef with Demolition squashed
Sheamus going heel?
Ziggler to be released

Ithil

Isn't there a (dirtsheet) rumour going around that Sheamus is going heel?

They planned that for WM 30, originally, with him facing Bryan. Then all that changed, and Sheamus got lost in the shuffle.
But apparently they still want to turn him heel, eventually.

Then again they wanted to turn Orton heel for ages and ages, and it didn't happen for like 10 months.

There's a Sheetz rumor for everything.
Let's play Fact or Fiction:

Batista reportedly upset with being pinned twice in a row
Dean Ambrose cheating on Renee Young
Roman Reigns - doesn't tip in group situations
Triple H and Stephanie expecting another babby
Earthquake's sordid sumo past involves stealing food
Legion of Doom - past beef with Demolition squashed
Sheamus going heel?
Ziggler to be released
Reigns could be a GAF member then.

Summoner

I don't understand the figure four belonging to someone, I thought it was a basic universal submission.
There are plenty of moves that are considered universal like the figure four, but the general rule is that a wrestler can adopt a finisher as long as they are the only person who does it in their region/wrestling organization.

Back in the day when Flair did it back in the NWA/WCW days in the 80s/90s. The only other mainstream wrestler who did it consistently in that time was Greg "The Hammer" Valentine in the then WWF. They were in different organizations so it didn't matter.

They weren't cutting into each others lunch so to speak. Shawn Michaels never did his pathetic version of the top rope elbow drop until Macho Man left for WCW.

Now that Sting is in the WWE, you will see the wrestlers who would normally do the scorpion deathlock/sharpshooter from time to time drop the move until he leaves the WWE.

There are plenty of moves that are considered universal like the figure four, but the general rule is that a wrestler can adopt a finisher as long as they are the only person who does it in their region/wrestling organization.

Back in the day when Flair did it back in the NWA/WCW days in the 80s/90s. The only other mainstream wrestler who did it consistently in that time was Greg "The Hammer" Valentine in the then WWF. They were in different organizations so it didn't matter.

They weren't cutting into each others lunch so to speak. Shawn Michaels never did his pathetic version of the top rope elbow drop until Macho Man left for WCW.

Now that Sting is in the WWE, you will see the wrestlers who would normally do the scorpion deathlock/sharpshooter from time to time drop the move until he leaves the WWE.
So no more Nat Nat trying to attempt it..lol

Aiii

So not worth it
It really doesn't help that 90% of what Cena does in the ring looks terribly wooden.

I mean just look how he goes out of his way to sit on Rowan's shoulders. Instead of being "surprised" by Rowan's actions he physically enables it to happen as if it was his intention to be pushed back up into the cage.

strobogo

Banned
It really doesn't help that 90% of what Cena does in the ring looks terribly wooden.

I mean just look how he goes out of his way to sit on Rowan's shoulders. Instead of being "surprised" by Rowan's actions he physically enables it to happen as if it was his intention to be pushed back up into the cage.

Everything was wrong with the match. It's this super personal and intense thing, yet Cena starts out with a headlock take down. 3 minutes into the match, he's already selling like he's been in a 30 minute match. 5 minutes in, he tries to exit the cage. Moments after that, Bray tries to exit the cage, which makes even less sense than Cena trying to leave right away. And it went on like that for 20 minutes. No intensity, extremely dodgy selling, more interference than a normal match, Cena easily laying out all 3 guys, his hilariously bad exaggerated selling at the end waiting for the kid to get his cue. It was all really, really bad.

Bowser

Bats not getting that Marvel $$$ from WWE:

According to F4WOnline.com, Batista, as well as other WWE superstars, are currently upset with money and pay in the company.

PWInsider.com previously reported that Batista did not want to do the job to Daniel Bryan at Payback, but F4WOnline reports the situation is more Batista being frustrated that financially, things are panning out differently than what he was told when he agreed to return to WWE. It's being said the money isn't that great right now, and when you have the kind of money Batista has, it makes it that much easier to walk away from WWE, much like CM Punk did.

With regards to Batista taking time off, he was scheduled to take time off in June anyways, so he decided to make an earlier exit. WWE officials spent most of Sunday trying to convince Batista to stick around and work Payback, but word as of a few hours before his Extreme Rules match is that "things are not looking good" in terms of Batista sticking around.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bats not getting that Marvel $$$ from WWE:

I think the problem lies with PPV pay-offs. Now that the Network has been launched they no longer get pay-offs based off of absolute numbers of sales. Not to mention a PPV is now 9,99 instead of 59,99, which I guess results in less money per head anyways.

And that's along with the added work they have to do filming segments for pre- and post-shows as well as do mock press conferences and what not.

Top Bottom