• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
WWE should go back to letting titles be defended overseas and shit, like Bull Nakano winning the title in Japan and coming to WWF to defend.

New Paige
kf5b9g_1.jpg

bjork

Ric Flair stole his name and his move, but he couldn't steal his class. Take a taxi and fix them crooked yellow teeth!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny-ass live notes:

My seats were a few rows up next to the set for the panelists, to Josh Mathews right. Sheamus stayed out at the panelist set for the whole show while everyone else left at one point. It looked like Sheamus fell asleep since he didn't really move for awhile and a lot of people around me were shouting at him to wake up.

Funny-ass live notes:

My seats were a few rows up next to the set for the panelists, to Josh Mathews right. Sheamus stayed out at the panelist set for the whole show while everyone else left at one point. It looked like Sheamus fell asleep since he didn't really move for awhile and a lot of people around me were shouting at him to wake up.

Dreaming about the push that could be

Sblargh

Banned
Funny-ass live notes:

I'm sure he wasn't sleeping, he must have been just depressed to the point of his brain shutting down.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sheamus was legit shook on the panel last night and it lasted alllll night. He knows his career is berried after his snafus.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Lol at people hating on a good ppv. Barrett, Paige, Cesaro, Rusev, Bray, Shield and DB are the ones who go over. The future is finally here after last night and you stupid smarks who have been clamoring for years for that happen can't do anything but cry more. God I hate smarks. You don't even know what you want. You people make me sick.

bjork

So guys with the network: do you think there will come a day when the entire tv library is available? So I could go from an old episode of Superstars to WCW Worldwide, then jump to WWF Mania and then hop over to Shotgun Saturday Night, like any episode I want at any time?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So guys with the network: do you think there will come a day when the entire tv library is available? So I could go from an old episode of Superstars to WCW Worldwide, then jump to WWF Mania and then hop over to Shotgun Saturday Night, like any episode I want at any time?

Eventually I assume that's the goal. It'll take years to get there, though. What we've got now is great, but I honestly feel they should have had a bit more ready for the Network's launch. They knew the biggest draw of the Network for a lot of people was being able to re-live the Attitude Era. Not having the 97-99 Raws ready to go at launch was a bit of a mistake. And at the rate they're putting up the old Raws, they won't even get to the Attitude Era for another year-ish.

Sheamus was legit shook on the panel last night and it lasted alllll night. He knows his career is berried after his snafus.

The situation with Sheamus is a funny one, you've got these rumours that he'll be in line for a heel revival very soon yet he spent last night looking thoroughly miserable which doesn't seem like the state one would be in when they could be about to have something of a resurgence.

bjork

Eventually I assume that's the goal. It'll take years to get there, though. What we've got now is great, but I honestly feel they should have had a bit more ready for the Network's launch. They knew the biggest draw of the Network for a lot of people was being able to re-live the Attitude Era. Not having the 97-99 Raws ready to go at launch was a bit of a mistake. And at the rate they're putting up the old Raws, they won't even get to the Attitude Era for another year-ish.

I'll have to wait a bit longer, then. Attitude Era is my least favorite period.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Lol at people hating on a good ppv. Barrett, Paige, Cesaro, Rusev, Bray, Shield and DB are the ones who go over. The future is finally here after last night and you stupid smarks who have been clamoring for years for that happen can't do anything but cry more. God I hate smarks. You don't even know what you want. You people make me sick.

SinfulWindingGlowworm.gif

It's cool if you liked a bad PPV man.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

If all it takes to make you sick is some wrasslin' fans not liking something you liked, you should probably consult a doctor. Sounds like a serious problem.

jred2k

The situation with Sheamus is a funny one, you've got these rumours that he'll be in line for a heel revival very soon yet he spent last night looking thoroughly miserable which doesn't seem like the state one would be in when they could be about to have something of a resurgence.

Maybe he had some sort of Freaky Friday incident with BNB. They've completely swapped body language.

Sheamus needs to become a character on the JBL and Cole show fast.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I thought the PPV was fairly mediocre.

The WeeLC match was good entertainment. The Wyatt/Cena cage match was just fucking goofy.
Rusev vs. Xaver and Truth was a throwaway. I don't see why they couldn't have had an actual match.

Swagger vs. RVD vs. Cesaro was very good, though the commentators had no clue what the fuck was going on and sort of ruined it.

The women's match was pretty good. Glad it got as much time as it did.

Kane vs. Bryan was good, decent finish. But weird that the PPV ended with Kane's theme :lol

Shield vs. Evolution was match of the night, thanks to Shield.

Observer said:
Nothing is settled regarding the Payback main event even though Batista did the job in the Shield vs. Evolution match.

Vince McMahon still wants Daniel Bryan vs. Batista as the main event for the show. Even though tonight was Batista's last advertised appearance on this run, he is schedued to be in Albany tomorrow night.

If it's his last night in, there is a good chance he'll be in with The Shield. If not, that could change.

Right now, if they don't convince Batista to work with Bryan on the 6/1 show, the plan is Bryan vs. Kane in a Buried Alive match. Kane sat up at the finish because they felt they needed that as a last scene if they had to go in that direction after a clean pin in the middle had already happened.

LMAO bye bye bats

daycru

I doubt we ever get a full run of the b-show syndicated stuff. I could see OG Superstars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You'll get there.

I gotta admit their drip-feed is working because it causes you to pay attention to newly added episodes, stuff I may overlook had I not known. Curated release lists like this sound crummy for consumers who want it all, now - but at the same time, there's a huge upside to releasing significant episodes.

Not content with putting himself through flaming tables, punching through car windows and being comically carted around on a forklift for your entertainment Kane will devour dirt and receive a literal burial from the very man some feared would get buried with weak title booking, the things Good Guy Glenn does for this business and helping cement his Best Bud Bryan.

Maybe he had some sort of Freaky Friday incident with BNB. They've completely swapped body language.

Sheamus needs to become a character on the JBL and Cole show fast.

This would also explain why Barrett was actually able to beat Sheamus clean on Raw a few weeks back, it was like the inverse of those numerous matches two years ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
Everyone and their mother has had a win over Kane on their resume though, hardly a big plus on your wrestling CV.

The main event of that Dragon Gate show was utterly ridiculous, but in a good way. All sorts of weapons employed by the team members stuck outside the cage to stop their enemies escaping, super soakers, water balloons, giant poles and a cannon that shot streamers. Really fun show overall - all the title matches were good, although Ricochet vs YAMATO suffered a bit perhaps for the story they were telling. No complaints there though, they did a good job.

CIMA.gif
CIMA1.gif
Hulk.gif

Also, this Friday's Dragon Gate show is now up for pre-order, kicking off the King of Gate 2014 tournament;

DRAGON GATE, "KING OF GATE", 2014.05.09
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $15

1. YAMATO, Kzy & Mondai Ryu vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii & Gamma
2. K-ness & Dragon Kid vs. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kagetora
3. KING OF GATE 2014 1st Round C Block: Jimmy Susumu vs. Cyber Kong
4. KING OF GATE 2014 1st Round D Block: Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs. Jimmy Kanda
5. KING OF GATE 2014 1st Round A Block: BxB Hulk vs. Naruki Doi
6. Masato Yoshino, Ricochet & Shingo Takagi vs. Eita, Yosuke♡Santa Maria & Flamita
7. KING OF GATE 2014 1st Round B Block: T-Hawk vs. Akira Tozawa

jmdajr

So D.Bry has beaten Orton, HHH, Batista, Cena, Max Kane.

I don't think he ever official beat Wyatt.

Probably won't have a huge opponent until Brock comes back. At this point he's elevating dudes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to watch that DG show. Maybe I can this week!

Cagey

Banned

"I like all the people smarks are supposed to like and they all won so it was fun".

Strong gimmick bruh.

jred2k

The world of wrestling needs a good cage match to make up for that abomination last night. The match that will restore our faith will be Stone Cold vs. the rats chewing the wires in his vehicles.

bjork

You'll get there.

I gotta admit their drip-feed is working because it causes you to pay attention to newly added episodes, stuff I may overlook had I not known. Curated release lists like this sound crummy for consumers who want it all, now - but at the same time, there's a huge upside to releasing significant episodes.

I have a friend who recently found himself getting back into wrestling, and his wife got interested too. So for them, it's great. Not overwhelming and easy to consume. I want to just be able to go "kamala bowling" and have it pull that shit up immediately.

Top Bottom