• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

WOOOOO!! More new DDT!

DDT "MAX BUMP 2013", 2013.05.03
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,819 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2n1nd

01. Yuji Hino, Daisuke Sasaki & Hoshitango vs Akito, Tetsuya Endo & Konosuke Takeshita
02. Kenny Omega & Gota Ihashi vs Danshoku Dino & Makoto Oishi
03. Takao Soma & Keisuke Ishii vs Katsuhiko Nakajima & Satoshi Kajiwara
04. Sanshiro Takagi, El Samurai, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata vs MIKAMI, Michael Nakazawa, Masa Takanashi & DJ Nira
05. KUDO vs Antonio Honda
06. K-OD Openweight Tag Titles: HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano (c) vs Hikaru Sato & Yukio Sakaguchi
07. K-OD Openweight Title: Shigehiro Irie (c) vs Kota Ibushi

Sorry, no idea, I've never used the dailymotion app on Xbox...or party chat, for that matter.

Hey, tm - has that Ray Cometa vs Namajague match shown up anywhere? I heard it's meant to be pretty freaking awesome.

Sorry, no idea, I've never used the dailymotion app on Xbox...or party chat, for that matter.

Hey, tm - has that Ray Cometa vs Namajague match shown up anywhere? I heard it's meant to be pretty freaking awesome.

I was going to start a synchtube but apparently it no longer exists.

lol wow front page of yahoo
scarylaughv9jwg.gif

I'm not going to organize my thoughts into any sort of coherent structure, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness type thing.

Let me just first say that I don't have the deep knowledge of sports entertainment of say, a Meltzer or a Heavy, when it comes to breaking down the elements of a match that contribute to its star rating.

Having said that, this is about a 1.5 to 2 star match. It's your standard Saturday Morning Slam-type, lighthearted fair, you know, kid's stuff.

I let Bootaaay's hype get to me which I shouldn't have, so that just added to the let down.

Camera Work: CMLL's camera work is not great. It's difficult to follow the action. They don't have a default hardside camera angle like WWE. Their cameras are constantly cutting between different angles with no real sense of purpose. Whereas WWE will cut from the hardside camera at the moment of impact or right after with a close up of the wrestlers selling the move. In this match, the camera just cuts to different angles constantly like it's on a timer and each camera can only capture 2 seconds of footage or something. They'll cut to a shot of a pretty lady in the audience mid-move, cut to an extreme closeup of a wrestlers shoulder because his head was in that spot a second ago and they move too fast, etc., etc.

Selling:There is zero logic to their selling. A powerbomb by Namajague won the first fall, like 2 minutes into the match. During the second fall, when you would assume the wrestlers are more winded and will sell longer, a moonsault by King Comet off the stage resulted in about 2 seconds of selling on the floor by both opponents before they both promptly got up and ran back to the ring to avoid a countout (this was before I realized there's a 20 second countout, ridiculous).

spoilers
King Comet has a Bo Dallas-esque look which was one of the only postives I can draw from this match. The Rudo commentator was driven to tears when he won which was reminiscent of Bo's miraculous victory over Wade Barrett.

Otherwise, this is just your typically intelligence-insulting, good guy v. bad guy/ technico v. rudo, 94-95 era WWF type stuff. Would not recommend.

Apologies if old but NEW DDT!

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

01. Yuji Hino, Daisuke Sasaki & Hoshitango vs Akito, Tetsuya Endo & Konosuke Takeshita
04. Sanshiro Takagi, El Samurai, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata vs MIKAMI, Michael Nakazawa, Masa Takanashi & DJ Nira
06. K-OD Openweight Tag Titles: HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano (c) vs Hikaru Sato & Yukio Sakaguchi

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2n1nd_SenorLARIATO_ddt-05-03-13-max-bump/1#video=xzwsln

strobogo

Banned
I'm not going to organize my thoughts into any sort of coherent structure, this is just going to be a stream of consciousness type thing.

Let me just first say that I don't have the deep knowledge of sports entertainment of say, a Meltzer or a Heavy, when it comes to breaking down the elements of a match that contribute to its star rating.

Having said that, this is about a 1.5 to 2 star match. It's your standard Saturday Morning Slam-type, lighthearted fair, you know, kid's stuff.

I let Bootaaay's hype get to me which I shouldn't have, so that just added to the let down.

Camera Work: CMLL's camera work is not great. It's difficult to follow the action. They don't have a default hardside camera angle like WWE. Their cameras are constantly cutting between different angles with no real sense of purpose. Whereas WWE will cut from the hardside camera at the moment of impact or right after with a close up of the wrestlers selling the move. In this match, the camera just cuts to different angles constantly like it's on a timer and each camera can only capture 2 seconds of footage or something. They'll cut to a shot of a pretty lady in the audience mid-move, cut to an extreme closeup of a wrestlers shoulder because his head was in that spot a second ago and they move too fast, etc., etc.

Selling:There is zero logic to their selling. A powerbomb by Namajague won the first fall, like 2 minutes into the match. During the second fall, when you would assume the wrestlers are more winded and will sell longer, a moonsault by King Comet off the stage resulted in about 2 seconds of selling on the floor by both opponents before they both promptly got up and ran back to the ring to avoid a countout (this was before I realized there's a 20 second countout, ridiculous).

spoilers
King Comet has a Bo Dallas-esque look which was one of the only postives I can draw from this match. The Rudo commentator was driven to tears when he won which was reminiscent of Bo's miraculous victory over Wade Barrett.

Otherwise, this is just your typically intelligence-insulting, good guy v. bad guy/ technico v. rudo, 94-95 era WWF type stuff. Would not recommend.

Sounds like lucha all right. I really think it is only watchable in gif form, but it is also the best style for gifs.

Franklin, spindasher, bean burrito.

why ya'll gotta act funny about your names?
I didn't know they have burritos in your neck of the woods. I thought you mothereffers ate wraps.

I nice east coast Plywood style bean wrap would really hit the spot right about now.
Me too, but those weren't the same as 2/3 falls actual lucha matches that make no sense. There were 5-10 minutes sprints with the style modified for rednecks to enjoy it.
If you enjoy 5-10 minute sprints with style modifications...

ya might be a redneck.

tm24

Yeah, sounds about right. Lucha matches always start with 2 quick falls in order to setup the last fall. And yes, lucha shots are weird. Still, they're miles above what they used to be 5 years ago.

Lucha is by far the hardest type of wrestling to get into IMO, just because its so different and weird. It's why there's guys like Negro Casas who are still going 34 years strong and still putting on good matches.

I appreciate you watching bean breath. You're in my fav five

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE should do more legends roundtable, more of Cole and Foley commentating old matches without Vince in their ear, and bring back Confidential.

That would make me buy a WWE channel

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I didn't know they have burritos in your neck of the woods. I thought you mothereffers ate wraps.

I nice east coast Plywood style bean wrap would really hit the spot right about now.
oh i'm sorry

i thought i lived in america

And yeah a bean burrito sounds good right about now.

Any Wrasslegaffer the pays full price for WWE pay per views should be ashamed of themselves and are part of the problem.

I disagree. Having friends over to watch ppv's are fun. Also I'm a believer in the fact that if adults were a bigger part of their revenue they would be catered too. Its not happening any tome soon and maybe never but its like voting.

Then there's the fact that I don't really like bootlegging/streams. I believe in paying for a live product if I am getting it especially when people sacrifice their bodies for it.

Jamie OD

Apologies if old but NEW DDT!

Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2n1nd_SenorLARIATO_ddt-05-03-13-max-bump/1#video=xzwsln

Woohoo!

strobogo

Banned
I'm not saying to pirate/stream WWE PPVs. I was thinking more of going to a sports bar and watching them is enough to contribute. If you're buying it in your home, it is okay (I guess, I mean these shows suck) if a bunch of people are chipping in and it is like $5 a person. $60 is fucking ridiculous for the terrible shows WWE puts on.

Just watched the hair v hair (thanks tm!) and LOLed at Bean's review.

Bean: Lucha's a thing man. You either get it or you don't.

The funniest thing was your complaint about the camera work and editing. What you saw in that match was actually pretty good by lucha standards. IIRC, he only highspot they inexplicably cut from to do a crowd shot was right in the middle of what looked to be the setup for an Arabian-press style slingshot armdrag.

Even having a somewhat decent guess at what spot it was makes it better than 99% of AAA matches back in the day. Hell, AAA was so bad about this, sometimes they'd cut away from a dive, or a top-rope highspot. Sometimes they'd cut away and even miss the finish. And usually theoretical exciting the move you were missing perfectly inversely corresponded to the excitement level shown on the face of the usually elderly old woman they chose to cut to in the crowd.

See I have a theory that AAA was designed as a sort of sociological experiment dedigned to teach you PATIENCE AND FORGIVENESS.

tm24

Seriously, CMLL protected Mistico in a 3-way match with La Sombra and Volador Jr for a random arena championship by making it a draw and vacating the title in an arena that they run probably 2-3 times a year, right after they have him lose twice in the main event in the arena that they run twice a week.

Seriously, i wish CMLL would have WWE booking

Top Bottom