• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Diva Natalya recently filmed a segment for WWE’s “Total Divas” show this week. The segment also featured WWE Diva Naomi and one-half of The Uso’s. According to reports, the two may be dating in real life.
Jezus Naomi, that is not going to get you anywhere.

somedevil

Watching NXT, and seeing El Generico doing a promo for the first time as basically Rami Sebei, is incredibly odd. Luckily, he seems really good at talking.

I think Generico is Daniel Bryan levels of a total package (from ability, charisma, likability, etc), I hope they recognise that. It's sure taken them a long time to recognise it in Bryan, and even now they don't fully appreciate what a talent they have.

He seems quite natural for promos for someone who never really cut promos. Though I find it funny that he dresses like Sheamus.

Also, Bo is turning heel but his promo skills still need work. I did find his constant smiling at Pac very good because it made me want to punch him in the face.

edit: Also I enjoy Corey Graves. He be funny in Heyman brought him in as his Punk replacement to have CM Punk come back as a face.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big ups to one half of The Usos though

that son of a bitch
tumblr_mlto7id41B1rxy1koo1_250.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Rob Van Dam recently teased that he has signed with WWE or TNA, but according to reports he has not been speaking with TNA. Make of that what you will.

Don't see what WWE would do with RVD, but it would be good to have him care about his job for once.

According to reports, TNA is close to securing a deal for a new official video game release.

Good, hopefully it will be by a proper developer.

jred2k

I think probably 90% of my dislike of John Cena stems from the way he kicks out of pins. His fucking push-you-out-of-the-way-and-raise-my-arm-in-the-air routine is so maddening.

Don't see what WWE would do with RVD, but it would be good to have him care about his job for once.

I watched an interview with him a bit ago and he seemed pretty adamant he wouldn't want to put up with the WWE schedule.

Ithil

He seems quite natural for promos for someone who never really cut promos. Though I find it funny that he dresses like Sheamus.

Also, Bo is turning heel but his promo skills still need work. I did find his constant smiling at Pac very good because it made me want to punch him in the face.

Bo is so utterly unlikable and just plain weird/creepy as a face, that it might lead to him being an effective heel if he does not change at all.

Ithil

I think probably 90% of my dislike of John Cena stems from the way he kicks out of pins. His fucking push-you-out-of-the-way-and-raise-my-arm-in-the-air routine is so maddening.

I watched an interview with him a bit ago and he seemed pretty adamant he wouldn't want to put up with the WWE schedule.

It's not exactly Shawn Michael's "barely get the arm up just off the ground at the last micro-second". More like "lol your move didn't do anything I'm fine".

And RVD, schedule my ass, more like the WWE's drug policy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bo should re-debut in a feud with Big E in a stalker gimmick where he spends months stalking AJ backstage until Big E finds him, legit kills him and takes him off of TV forever. He has that natural creeper face with that fake big smile going for him, so.

Bo should re-debut in a feud with Big E in a stalker gimmick where he spends months stalking AJ backstage until Big E finds him, legit kills him and takes him off of TV forever. He has that natural creeper face with that fake big smile going for him, so.

After reading your post, I realized Bo Dallas looks like a male version of AJ Lee.

Ithil

Also, how good is Corey Graves? He has a good look and can cut a promo but I hear people call him CM Punk lite.

He's decent. Great leg submission, but he's not wowed me or anything in the ring. He's a bit cheesy for my tastes as a character, but I'm sure he appeals to a certain crowd.

UberTag

Watching NXT, I really like Bray Wyatt - he just comes across as menacing, a real great character, which is what WWE certainly needs more of.
I love the Bray Wyatt look and character but the one concern over the promos I've seen is that he's almost always in amped yelling southern preacher mode. I'd like to see him build his promos so he gets to that state in a crescendo - not right out of the gates.

Granted this could just be me missing the point but I'd prefer to see some Jake Roberts/Russell Hantz sly southern creep delivery to counterbalance in between the fits of shouting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love the Bray Wyatt look and character but the one concern over the promos I've seen is that he's almost always in amped yelling southern preacher mode. I'd like to see him build his promos so he gets to that state in a crescendo - not right out of the gates.

Granted this could just be me missing the point but I'd prefer to see some Jake Roberts/Russell Hantz sly southern creep delivery to counterbalance in between the fits of shouting.

out of curiosity, where do you live? I'm used to southern insanity here in Oklahoma, doesn't feel weird to me.

mooooose

You know what is weird? Everyone gets upsets at the booking decisions of WWE but you never see anyone get nearly as upset at the booking decisions of other promotions. I wonder why that is. Is it just that more people are talking about WWE or is there is just much more resentment? Is it expectations? I wonder what it is.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what is weird? Everyone gets upsets at the booking decisions of WWE but you never see anyone get nearly as upset at the booking decisions of other promotions. I wonder why that is. Is it just that more people are talking about WWE or is there is just much more resentment? Is it expectations? I wonder what it is.

Personally for me, it's not on a worldwide stage and nobody else out there (indies specifically) have the kind of roster depth that they CAN make things happen with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The marks on here complain about how bad WWE is but nearly none of them will watch anything else.

Aiii

So not worth it

People complain about TNA's booking all the time though.

The marks on here complain about how bad WWE is but nearly none of them will go out of their way or out of pocket to watch anything else.

Fixed.

I've complained plenty about DGUSA's booking over the past year or so. And some of CHIKARA's.

TNA is just a joke. I can't fathom watching that show week in, week out. Sounds like torture.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed.

I've complained plenty about DGUSA's booking over the past year or so. And some of CHIKARA's.

TNA is just a joke. I can't fathom watching that show week in, week out. Sounds like torture.

Sometimes I wonder if I sat down and tried to watch TNA on a weekly basis that I'd love it like I love WCW. Then I come to my senses and go do something else.

UberTag

could be part of it. we have angry southern folk all the time

AH DO DECLARE
Angry southern is fine. Just think people will get numb to it if he's always angry and yelling. Plus Cena will mock the hell out of it.

Would have much more impact if he worked his way up to angry southern like Mick used to do with his Mankind promos. Just to keep people on edge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Angry southern is fine. Just think people will get numb to it if he's always angry and yelling. Plus Cena will mock the hell out of it.

This is a huge concern for me if Wyatt comes up to Raw again. A burial by Cena via promo is a deep, dark hole to crawl out of. Poor Hasky.

tm24

Hey, it could be worse. This was my comment towards CMLL booking last night
Oh, is that what CMLL is doing with their booking? Makes sense that it's a long term study

Seriously, CMLL protected Mistico in a 3-way match with La Sombra and Volador Jr for a random arena championship by making it a draw and vacating the title in an arena that they run probably 2-3 times a year, right after they have him lose twice in the main event in the arena that they run twice a week.

Seriously, i wish CMLL would have WWE booking

It really bothers me how Chavo does the 'frog splash'.

Or the fact that they call it that when he does NOTHING frog related, it should just be a splash.

Seriously, why can't he do it?

You look at the glorious one A-Double does to 'mock' him while Chavo is supposedly doing it as a tribute to his uncle.... its a disgrace though he just splashes the guy and they all go YAY EDDIE. :\ Aggh, so annoying, why does he use it when he can't even do it lol.

I give props to him for not taking a fake/token/pity push when Eddie died but really man, it looks stupid as.

Jamie OD

There was a time when people cared enough about TNA to facepalm at their booking decisions. And we did it often for years.

That feels like a dim and distant memory.

I vaguely remember actually liking TNA right before Hogan & Bischoff arrived. Remember when the worst thing about TNA was endless Jarrett title runs? Surprisingly, those were better days.

jmdajr

I vaguely remember actually liking TNA right before Hogan & Bischoff arrived. Remember when the worst thing about TNA was endless Jarrett title runs? Surprisingly, those were better days.

I watched a little when Samoa Joe was supposed to be the next best thing. Even went to a PPV here in Houston that he headlined.

yeah

Kaladin

2005 TNA was amazing. They were shitting on every single WWE PPV.

Remember the Voodoo Kin Mafia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_hRzdIxgQ4

We got Kurt vs Nigel, of course it was awesome right before Hogan and Bishoff arrived. It was basically fan booking.

Top Bottom