• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

eHuhTci.jpg

XsECeOx.jpg

Grifter

Catching up to NJPW for the first time since my tape collecting days. Starting with PPVs, how many have they run this year, are they monthly?

They're actually in a place called Tupulo, Mississippi.

I'm fairly certain it doesn't actually exist.

Oh, he probably said that place to be fair, but I heard Michigan as my internal google map reported 'Search result not found'.

OMG!

Joseph Park is legit shook about Abyss returning last week!

Total Nonstop Legit Shooks!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Told a pal of mine about the horrible Bo metric above. His answer?

Lz4YdtT.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legit shook has already jumped the shark.

Mark my words. People will be using it in a casual sense come E3.

Consider its sister sayings:

"and that's the bottom line"
"lay the smack down"
"legit shook"

Catching up to NJPW for the first time since my tape collecting days. Starting with PPVs, how many have they run this year, are they monthly?

Yeah, they're usually monthly - so far there have been 5 this year;

. Wrestle Kingdom VII - 01/04
. The New Beginning - 02/10
. New Japan Cup 2013 - 03/23
. Invasion Attack - 04/07
. Wrestling Dontaku 2013 - 05/03

The next PPV is going to be DOMINION 2013 on June 22nd. A few non-PPV shows worth hunting down are the Anniversary Show from 03/03, which had a great Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt match and the 3 CMLL/NJPW FantasticaMania 2013 shows from January.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they're usually monthly - so far there have been 5 this year;

. Wrestle Kingdom VII - 01/04
. The New Beginning - 02/10
. New Japan Cup 2013 - 03/23
. Invasion Attack - 04/07
. Wrestling Dontaku 2013 - 05/03

The next PPV is going to be DOMINION 2013 on June 22nd. A few non-PPV shows worth hunting down are the Anniversary Show from 03/03, which had a great Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt match and the 3 CMLL/NJPW FantasticaMania 2013 shows.

I don't have particularly high hopes for Dominion, much like I didn't have them for Dontaku - and those usually end up being the best shows. Doubt anything will top Wrestle Kingdom VII though.

strobogo

Banned
Mark my words. People will be using it in a casual sense come E3.

Consider its sister sayings:

"and that's the bottom line"
"lay the smack down"
"legit shook"

I wish you'd give up on it. It's as bad as Bo's push. Batista would know to drop a move when it isn't working.

I don't have particularly high hopes for Dominion, much like I didn't have them for Dontaku - and those usually end up being the best shows. Doubt anything will top Wrestle Kingdom VII though.

Yeah, Wrestle Kingdom's going to be tough to beat this year - the G1 Climax finals always have a shot of being amazing, though, but if it's one area I find New Japan's booking to be deficient in it's with the booking of tournaments. I'm mostly looking forward to Dominion for Shibata vs Goto again, but I'm also holding out hope that Okada can have a great match with Togi. Would be impressive, for sure. Also, we don't know who Nak will be facing yet, or Devitt, or Tanahashi, etc.

strobogo has debuted his new gimmick, "anti-wrassle-gaf." It did not go over well. strobogo has lost heat from this segment.

haha yeah, buddy!

I'm concerned for strobogo though. He hasn't been the same since he was attacked by the spirits for WCW and ECW in a parking lot. He needs the support of friends and family, he needs the support of some sort of cliq to help him through these hard times.

I fear that the next I hear about strobogo, it'll be an update about him walking his dogs or worse... working at Target with Shane Douglas.

Top Bottom