• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

tumblr_mmcv7erF9F1qetjf6o1_500.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's DEAD. No amount of buff, oily Japanese dudes beating on each other and making loud grunts in tiny bed rooms can bring it back. I should just make DepressionGaf my new home. Dr. Bagels is my new god.

I'm not giving up that easily.

I demand a detailed writeup of the first WBF show, so you can enjoy Vince screaming "LOOK AT THE GODDAMN MUSCLE STRIATION"

LOL

"That's why #boxing > pro wrestling."

How in the fuck is 80s AWA going to bring my love of wrestling back? AWA was the most boring major territory ever. Want to see all of the future WWF stars and old men wrestle at half speed? Watch AWA.

Yeah, but Bockwinkel. BOCKWINKEL.

Of course, it'd probably be easier to watch 80's AJPW/NJPW, then you get the best US wrestling has to offer but in actually decent matches*.

*disregarding the finishes.

But seriously, Mid-South - if good ol' Bill Watts and the Mid-South crew can't reignite your love for wrasslin', nothing can.

How in the fuck is 80s AWA going to bring my love of wrestling back? AWA was the most boring major territory ever. Want to see all of the future WWF stars and old men wrestle at half speed? Watch AWA.

watch 1997 WCW. it's the best year for a North American promotion ever.

amazing Cruiserweight matches, quality midcard, Sting vs NWO, Goldberg debut, Raven's Flock, NJPW guys running around...

Oh noes...

nd2jH6K.png

Guys, guys. What stro needs is obviously some Wrestlicious!

No one needs Wrestlicious. No one.

That being said, if you guys were in Wrestlicious how would your verse in the Wrestlicious intro go?

My name's Bootaaay and I like deathmatch wrasslin',
when I link to a .gif I leave WrassleGAF guessin',
Will it be clean? Or will it be vicious?
Only one way to find out, it's Wrestlicious!

http://i.minus.com/i4N0jNX8mKvqj.gif - NSFW...or is it?

Aiii

So not worth it
It's a goddamn massacre!

---

Some good news:
- According to SaturdayMorningSlam.com, last Saturday's episode of WWE's children-aimed program on The CW, Saturday Morning Slam, marked as the show's season finale. While the show is off the air beginning this week (The CW released its schedule for this Saturday's slate of "Vortexx" programming and Saturday Morning Slam is not listed, with Dragon Ball Z Kai instead airing in the 10:30 a.m. time slot), it will resume airing in the future.

There is a graphic on MyVortexx.com teasing a new season of Saturday Morning Slam "coming soon."

Bears!

Those are some random releases, I will never understand the WWE.

Yeah, I seriously don't get it - I mean, Bateman, they barely even gave him the barest hint of a chance, whereas Briley never got to be more than a jobber on NXT, but even so, he showed some promise. And yet I bet you they'll have unending patience with Bo Dallas, despite the fact that he's just awful all round.

somedevil

Yeah, I seriously don't get it - I mean, Bateman, they barely even gave him the barest hint of a chance, whereas Briley never got to be more than a jobber on NXT, but even so, he showed some promise. And yet I bet you they'll have unending patience with Bo Dallas, despite the fact that he's just awful all round.

Bo Dallas is around because his father is a WWE legend. They love those kinds of wrestlers. They only get rid of them if they become as bad as Wes Briscoe.

With the company about to hire an influx of new developmental talents to coincide with the opening of the company's Performance Center in Florida, several talents in the NXT/developmental system were released today.
PWInsider.com has confirmed that Derek Bateman and Briley Pierce have been released.

Bateman was seen on the final season of NXT before it morphed into the current incarnation of the series filmed in Florida. He was signed in 2007 and had been in the system for a long time.

Pierce is Ryan Nemeth, aka the younger brother of World champion Dolph Ziggler. On Twitter, he quipped, "I guarantee you that was the funniest and most entertaining "you're released" phone call in history." He had been signed to developmental in 2011.

Expect additional names to come out as there had been a fear of a major blood-letting among talents for months

Expect 5 more names to come out.

somedevil said:
Expect 5 more names to come out.

I bet they release Sakamoto, despite the fact that he's one of the better wrestlers in NXT (who never gets to show it) and has been trying hard to learn English.

Oh well, I'm sure he'll be welcome back in Kaientai Dojo, if that does turn out to be the case.

Sakamoto? as in the guy who was managing Tensei? Oh damn, we've missed out on a feud where Sakamoto returns with new found skills to get revenge on Sweet T and punish him further for abandoning his lordship title and bringing shame upon Sakamoto by extension.

Nocturnal said:
Sakamoto? as in the guy who was managing Tensei? Oh damn, we've missed out on a feud where Sakamoto returns with new found skills to get revenge on Sweet T and punish him further for abandoning his lordship title and bringing shame upon Sakamoto by extension.

Regardless of whatever nonsense they had him doing before, if they can't find anything for a guy of his talent then I've clearly been doing WWE creative a great disservice, because they're even more contemptible that I thought.

Ithil

I guess they weren't impressed with them off-screen? Because they sure didn't get a chance on TV. I suppose they're looking to drop a bunch of guys to make way for that wave of new signings we heard about from the Observer (what was it, like two dozen guys planned to be signed?).

Kaladin

Dolph's younger brother was on the house show I went to see a little while back. They were pushing him as Dolph's younger brother and getting people to take pictures and sign autographs with him. IMO he was a bit green even for the NXT roster at this point.

It really annoys me that they fire Bateman when they push fucking Bo down our throats, Derrick was everything that they want us to think Bo is. Though why push someone who's a genuinely charismatic and attractive face when some loser's IRS's son?

Ithil

I bet they release Sakamoto, despite the fact that he's one of the better wrestlers in NXT (who never gets to show it) and has been trying hard to learn English.

Oh well, I'm sure he'll be welcome back in Kaientai Dojo, if that does turn out to be the case.

And you'd be right

@WWEMrSAKAMOTO
#WWE #NXT my friend thank you for everything SAYONARA

Oh well, I look forward to seeing Kazma's return to K-DOJO.

I guess WWE's happy with Yoshi being their 'token Asian guy' and Yoshi's probably happy too, considering he was going nowhere in New Japan.

somedevil

Audrey Marie was also released according to pwinsider. So three people left to name.

Also, it seems very hard for Japanese Wrestlers to make it in America compared to Americans doing well in Japan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that was a productive lunch break. Reading Swamp Thing, and it released 3+ wrestlers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm Sunflower and I'm always flexin'
I don't enjoy Sin Cara but I like Beef the Mexican
The goal is more muscle and it's pretty ambitious
If I can lift 600 lbs it's Wrestlicious!

Also, it seems very hard for Japanese Wrestlers to make it in America compared to Americans doing well in Japan.

Wrestling was introduced to Japan by US soldiers stationed in Osaka after WW2 and ever since then the main archetype has been the 'evil foreigners vs Japanese heroes', so it's not surprising that there's always room for non-Japanese wrestlers in Japanese wrestling. US wrestling has always required more character work and I guess the language barrier proves to be a problem, especially in today's WWE.

Sunflower said:
I'm Sunflower and I'm always flexin'
I don't enjoy Sin Cara but I like Beef the Mexican
The goal is more muscle and it's pretty ambitious
If I can lift 600 lbs it's Wrestlicious!

Beautiful :)

imqYXQILcHOqm.gif

Kaladin

If anyone has Sirius XM Satellite Radio:

Johnny Knoxville and Roger Alan Wade pay tribute to wrestling legend Jerry "The King" Lawler on the The Big Ass Happy Family Jubilee on Outlaw Radio Ch. 60 this Saturday 8 pm & Sunday 8 am ET.

If you're not familiar with the show, Johnny Knoxville and Roger Alan Wade select someone and pay tribute to them with song selections and stories about them each week.

KissVibes

Banned
I don't get why Bateman and Pirece were released. Both of them seemed very decent and were instantly marketable. Bateman was GREAT on NXT. HIS HAIRCUT MADE HIM LOOK GREAT.

If motherfuckin' Ezekiel Jackson, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and Alex Riley keep their jobs, that's fucked up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why Bateman and Pirece were released. Both of them seemed very decent and were instantly marketable. Bateman was GREAT on NXT. HIS HAIRCUT MADE HIM LOOK GREAT.

If motherfuckin' Ezekiel Jackson, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and Alex Riley keep their jobs, that's fucked up.

Christian's next on the list, brother.

Bateman appeared to be gone beforehand because he had a major injury and hadn't come back from it yet. He must have just gotten healthy, so of course he gets fired.

Releasing him is terrible, the guy was super funny, a very good looking guy, and he would have been great for Saturday Morning Slam & comedy skits in the big shows. Even if there was some doubt about his in-ring ability post-injury, he would have been outstanding on a Matt Striker/Josh Matthews career track. I would have loved to have seen a Bateman/Striker announce table.

I knew the USA Guy gimmick was trouble for him, though. It is funny as hell and awesome, but it would have made a certain segment of the audience very angry.

I hope he gets another shot.

Top Bottom