• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Sheamus Del Rio Orton on the same team?

Big Show Henry Swagger?

Didn't Show kill Swagger's dad?

Didn't Sheamus steal and trash Del Rio's car?

Didn't Mark Henry break Big Show's leg?

da fuck

Beef isn't human he's just meat

Disco's Chartbuster LOOKED better than Stone Cold Stunner. Better version confirmed.

I'm not sure how I feel about you defending the very thing that put strobogo into his current predicament. WCW helped wreck him, and you're encouraging it. You sicken me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how I feel about you defending the very thing that put strobogo into his current predicament. WCW helped wreck him, and you're encouraging it. You sicken me.

Disco is one of the few moments of sanity Strobogo had in his viewings.

Disco was like the NICE prison guard who gave him extra corn. "Don't tell anyone this but I'll keep you sane."

Beef isn't human he's just meat

Disco's Chartbuster LOOKED better than Stone Cold Stunner. Better version confirmed.

boogie-nights-dance-o.gif

strobogo

Banned
Disco is one of the few moments of sanity Strobogo had in his viewings.

Disco was like the NICE prison guard who gave him extra corn. "Don't tell anyone this but I'll keep you sane."

Yeah, I liked Disco. Chartbuster isn't as good as the Stunner, though. I mean, come on.

This one just popped up. Vocally it almost sounds like a BG parody. They have such good bass lines and interesting progressions. And great production. I'm surprised they haven't had a boost in popularity since dance music has pretty much dominated for the past 6 years or so. Most of it doesn't even sound dated. It could be released as new and people would think it was JT or something.

Well, except this. SO 70s.
Boogie Child

John Frusciante covering How Deep Is Your Love

That is actually what originally turned me on to the Bee Gees a few years ago.

jred2k

To most people born after they were popular they are the silly band in jump suits with big hair and high voices that sang Stayin' Alive. Most mainstream pop listeners probably only want to listen to new songs and don't give a shit who influenced their favourite singer. Classic rock stations are probably programmed by people that though disco was for queers in the 70s too.

Phil Collins - Easy Lover was in the related videos. Thanks for this.

strobogo

Banned
Good disco is good music. Just like good metal, good pop, good jazz, good any genre. Disco is a weird genre to write off since it is often times just funk with a steady beat. All the popular dance music in the past few years is usually straight up disco with more electronic sounds thrown in.

Sokantish

If Nintendo brings over Kenzan and promises to bring over 5 but only on Wii U because Sony doesn't want to foot the bill... Well, I'd have to buy a 300 dollar Yakuza machine

I was so glad to see the Yakuza 1 and 2 news, I never got to play those but I loved 3 and 4. Would really love to play Kenzan too

I'm watching the last episode of The Office. I haven't watched this show in years, but the finale is still touching.

You know what I realized?

This guy is the John Cena of the Office

8x09-Mrs-California-jim-halpert-27877435-1280-720.jpg

...This means only one thing.

There is a John Cena in every single instance of any given group of people or things.

somedevil

A fundraising drive to help TNA wrestler Michael Paris (a/k/a Zema Ion) with his medical bills is underway. Paris had an emergency appendectomy and in the process doctors discovered a five centimeter tumor located on his colon. He is currently awaiting biopsy results that will determine whether the tumor is cancerous, and he will have to undergo another surgery to remove it. Paris, who recently graduated from West Virginia University, does not have medical insurance. You can learn more about the fundraiser at Giveforward.com/fundraiser/6hd2/zematna.

Man sucks for him but Dixie better help pay for this. She already probably has have by a paid per appearance contract already which probably pays little if he has no insurance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man sucks for him but Dixie better help pay for this. She already probably has have by a paid per appearance contract already which probably pays little if he has no insurance.

Fuck. Basically exactly what we hoped it wouldn't be :/

Grifter

Yeah, they're usually monthly - so far there have been 5 this year;

. Wrestle Kingdom VII - 01/04
. The New Beginning - 02/10
. New Japan Cup 2013 - 03/23
. Invasion Attack - 04/07
. Wrestling Dontaku 2013 - 05/03

The next PPV is going to be DOMINION 2013 on June 22nd. A few non-PPV shows worth hunting down are the Anniversary Show from 03/03, which had a great Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt match and the 3 CMLL/NJPW FantasticaMania 2013 shows from January.
Thanks, super helpful and exactly what I needed! I'm catching up now and besides the crazy fun evolution of Shinsuke, I'm shook at the beatings Honma is still taking. He's been a human piñata for all of my adult life.

Well, that didn't take long - Michael Hutter (Derrick Bateman) returns to AIW on June 30th at the Absolution VIII iPPV!

ituDrkicuqWaV.jpg

Thanks, super helpful and exactly what I needed! I'm catching up now and besides the crazy fun evolution of Shinsuke, I'm shook at the beatings Honma is still taking. He's been a human piñata for all of my adult life.

Seriously, I've been watching Honma get beaten up time and again since 1998 - the guy has paid his dues and then some, so it kinda warms my heart to see how well the New Japan crowd reacts to him these days and I hope he has a good run with the company this time around.

I wish Low Ki hadn't burnt his bridges with NJPW (again), I really enjoyed his last run and that 3-way match was insane. Also, really enjoyed his matches with Devitt;

iFA38v55pZtMP.gif

A few years ago though TNA was touting that they were providing health insurance for their wrestlers. I know it certainly wasn't around for Daphne when she had her injuries. I wonder if that was all a work, or if they ever had health coverage?

But the difference is Vince personally covers anyone that has medical issues whether it happened on his watch or not.

Sure, but if they were in TNA's position, they wouldn't, and even now, there's no guarantee. If they don't want to do it, they can pull it at a whim. The "independent contractor" crap is an absolute joke and the sooner someone challenges it in court, the better.

A few years ago though TNA was touting that they were providing health insurance for their wrestlers. I know it certainly wasn't around for Daphne when she had her injuries. I wonder if that was all a work, or if they ever had health coverage?

I vaguely remember that as well. May've been strictly over in-ring injuries?

lol got this from the Video Game Championship Wresting thread

If you start watching NJPW, you'll see the full match (it took place at Wrestle Kingdom 7).

Zema Ion is 26, he'd be insured under his parents until his 27th birthday thanks to Obamacare, so either his parents don't have insurance or they just didn't know.

As to why wrestlers in general don't have health insurance, the reason is the same as why Truckasaurus or Evel Knievel can't get auto insurance. Once the insurance mandate starts next January, though, this kind of shittiness will go away. Well, maybe not for Kane because he will refuse to submit to communism, but for anyone else.

strobogo

Banned
If he's 26 now, he's not on his parent's insurance. Even if he had been in college, he would have been kicked of at 23 at the latest. He would have been off their coverage before the change went into effect and it isn't retroactive. And who's to say his parents even have health insurance? Mine haven't for close to a decade.

If he's 26 now, he's not on his parent's insurance.
He can be. That part of Obamacare is already in effect. The first exception is if the parents are on a plan that doesn't provide dependent care. If a plan provides dependent care, it has to provide it until the 27th birthday. The only other exception is if the dependent's workplace offers insurance.

That went into effect back at the end of 2010.

strobogo

Banned
But he should have aged out of his parent's insurance before it came into effect. And since this is America, unless they had exceptional health insurance, he'd be fucked anyway.

Top Bottom