• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Aiii

So not worth it
Exclusive – SEScoops.com can confirm that Adam Rudman, the most recent head writer on the creative team, is already gone from the company.

Rudman was brought in earlier this year to replace Eric Pankowski and was let go by Stephanie McMahon last Wednesday or Thursday.

Rudman was well-liked by talent, spoke with them regularly and was open to their ideas. which was an issue management had with former head writers Pankowski and before him, Brian Gewirtz.

Heh.

gurudyne

Not sure if this is a good thing. One the one hand, getting input from the roster sounds like a no-brainer. On the other, it can escalate backstage politics. Then again, it's not like what the writers actually write ever makes it to screen. Must suck knowing that whatever you do, your job is beholden to how well Vince can do your job instead.

bangai-o

Banned
ill see if i can get this in...

my thoughts on Raw last night

opening Ryback was okay. was he saying Cena was better than the crowed because he works harder than they do?

Sheamus vs Titus i liked. i was surprised how big Titus right there with Sheamus and his display of power. hopefully all that man mass in the ring wins over Vince enough to disregard the f bomb to the camera, idiot.

De Rio vs Langston, did AJ dye her hair? I like it.

Paul Heyman has a Dreamcast

6 man was good.

Kaitlyn is backstage picking on AJ and somehow AJ is the bully. made sense.

Layla vs AJ was kind of slow, but nice ending.

Randy Orton vs JAck Swagger was disappointing. i dont know what happened. they started out great, but right after the finger stomp portion, it all went down hill. too much selling the ankle was unnecessary.

The dvr didnt record all of Triple H vs Curt Axel. but I dont like the MR Perfect remix. I was wondering if RVD showed up at the end of the show. did he?

gurudyne

HEY BANGAI-O WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON RAW LAST NIGHT??????????

Use the preview this post button to see if you submitted the post already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see everyone problem with used games.

Why is everyone angry?

You can buy new for about the same price - much cheaper if you are not Day One Crazy

Explain WrassleGAF

ITT No one ever borrows friends games or wants to buy rare games that go out of print and only ever uses Gamestop for used games.

Sailorswayze posted her mom's impressions of Raw last night:

On Cody Rhodes and Zack Ryder: ”Oh now the cute guys are going to wrestle “
On Cody Rhodes: “Oh god that mustache. He looks like my college boyfriend.”
On Zack Ryder: “He died he’s dead.”
On Daniel Bryan: “What’s up with that guy’s beard?”
“He’s got the O Brother Where Art Thou look.”
On Kane: “HOW TALL IS HE??”
On The Shield: “Oh god they need to wash their hair.”
“HES SO SWEATY THATS SO GROSS”
“HOW ARE THEY GONNA PIN KANE??”
On Jack Swagger: “He’s cute.”
On Zeb Colter: “Who’s the tour guide???”
On Triple H: “OH THAT GUY I KNOW THAT GUY hes old”
“He died.”

SoulPlaya

more money than God

“He died.”
Sounds like she's a Kane fan.

KissVibes

Banned

“He died.”

WHAT'S UP WITH HIS BEARD IS THAT IT'S AWESOME.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sure if this is a good thing. One the one hand, getting input from the roster sounds like a no-brainer. On the other, it can escalate backstage politics. Then again, it's not like what the writers actually write ever makes it to screen. Must suck knowing that whatever you do, your job is beholden to how well Vince can do your job instead.

He only had the job for six weeks.

i dint watch the xbox one thing live. all the reactions are similar to wresslgaf after Raw.

Welcome to the future where nothing ever lives up to the hype, and where Microsoft explains E3 is for games but people still get disappointed in the console reveal because "NO GAIMES WHY NOT"

Can't wait until Half of Sony's E3 conference is dedicated to the same crap MS just had a conference about and GAF gets pissed again.

Watch Nintendo have the best E3 and everyone still poops on em because it came in the form of a pre-taped video instead of on the stage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MYbD5G8.jpg

Welcome to the future where nothing ever lives up to the hype, and where Microsoft explains E3 is for games but people still get disappointed in the console reveal because "NO GAIMES WHY NOT"

Can't wait until Half of Sony's E3 conference is dedicated to the same crap MS just had a conference about and GAF gets pissed again.

Watch Nintendo have the best E3 and everyone still poops on em because it came in the form of a pre-taped video instead of on the stage.

how come you don't make excuses for WWE :(

Aiii

So not worth it

This makes no sense. Microsoft presented their gaming console by showing one powerpoint slide with some specs and then half an hour of LOOK IT DOES TELEVISION, DON'T YOU LOVE ESPN AND GAME OF THRONES TOO? XBOX GO HOME!

I watched the whole conference and I still have no clue what this thing does for games over the 360. It has a Bluray drive, will it do 3D? Is it Always Online? What kind of hdd does it have? Are there cool sharing options like PS4 has?

Nothing. They showed of a fancy set-top box to hook up to your cable TV.

how come you don't make excuses for WWE :(

Because they suck. The videogame industry sucks a lot too, but they also give me Platinum Games, and Rockstar, and Naughty Dog, and AAA Nintendo, and etc.

WWE ain't gave me Platinum Games since CM Punk went full Pyro 2 years ago.

This makes no sense. Microsoft presented their gaming console by showing one powerpoint slide with some specs and then half an hour of LOOK IT DOES TELEVISION, DON'T YOU LOVE ESPN AND GAME OF THRONES TOO? XBOX GO HOME!

I watched the whole conference and I still have no clue what this thing does for games over the 360. It has a Bluray drive, will it do 3D? Is it Always Online? What kind of hdd does it have? Are there cool sharing options like PS4 has?

They already said wait for E3 for the major game reveals and news. Was the conference mostly terrible? Yes, but they warned all y'all. DEY WARNED YOU. DEY SAID WAIT FOR E3 AND NONE A Y'ALL LISTENED.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

"cool" sharing options is debatable. They did show a video editor though which I didn't see on PS4's end, so thank god for that if you absolutely have to share the bullshit you do on your console with random fuckers

I stream bullshit too, shit

People had unrealistic expectations about what the conference was going to be about. Wait on the complaints and direction of it all after E3, that's when everything's on the table. Patience~

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think it is weird to expect a presentation on a game console to be about how it does games.

Sony didn't have many games and managed to show us enough to get an idea on how it does games.

Microsoft showed us a TV player the size of a VCR player. I don't care that they didn't show concrete games, but they could have at least told us about the device other than showimg me it can switch between ESPN and music playback really fast. That is not asking that much I would think.

somedevil

TNA wrestler James Storm provided a medical update via his Twitter page. "Just so everyone knows, Doc said I have a slight tear in my right abdominal and an abductor strain 'groin pull'." He indicated that he would be sidelined six to eight weeks and added that he is "busting ass" to get back.

James Storm is most likely going to miss the tna pay per view.

Because they suck. The videogame industry sucks a lot too, but they also give me Platinum Games, and Rockstar, and Naughty Dog, and AAA Nintendo, and etc.

WWE ain't gave me Platinum Games since CM Punk went full Pyro 2 years ago.

umm WWE gives you 5 star matches and john cena, 4 star feuds.

CM punk went full pyro and look where he is now. You just don't do that unless you want to get burned
out

I don't think it is weird to expect a presentation on a game console to be about how it does games.

Sony didn't have many games and managed to show us enough to get an idea on how it does games.

Microsoft showed us a TV player the size of a VCR player. I don't care that they didn't show concrete games, but they could have at least told us about the device other than showimg me it can switch between ESPN and music playback really fast. That is not asking that much I would think.

Sony also hosted the stream only on the internet and spent a lot of time talking about RAM, and ease of development. That was a super core gamer and developer aimed reveal. Microsoft decided to go another direction with it and explicitly said the games would be for E3. You're lucky a game like Quantum Leap Break got featured at all.

Sony's reveal = Hardcore
Microsoft's reveal = Errbody
E3 for both = A mess

Hands on previews, press releases, interviews, and gameplay footage are all that maters. Conference are so lost and all-encompassing nowadays that it's pointless to build any anticipation for them. Wait for E3 floor impressions and Giantbomb's nightly podcasts for the DAH REAL VIDYAGAME SCOOPS.

umm WWE gives you 5 star matches and john cena, 4 star feuds.

CM punk went full pyro and look where he is now. You just don't do that unless you want to get burned
out

The star that shines brightest burns half as long and is 100x more entertaining....or something. If the WWE booked in a progressive manner, guys being burned out every ~2 years wouldn't be a problem. People like Punk SHOULD be able to take a break after a great run and have new talent tag in.

XenoRaven

"cool" sharing options is debatable. They did show a video editor though which I didn't see on PS4's end, so thank god for that if you absolutely have to share the bullshit you do on your console with random fuckers

I stream bullshit too, shit

People had unrealistic expectations about what the conference was going to be about. Wait on the complaints and direction of it all after E3, that's when everything's on the table. Patience~
I would have thought this too if it weren't for justin.tv. Now Twitch is my biggest time waster. Jumping in to watch a friend play something when I'm bored seems really awesome to me.

i'm 100% on the PS4 boat now. was 75% before but MS made sure to fill in the remaining 25% after their presentation.

right now Xbox 1 is getting Wii U-like negative buzz. not good.

i'm 100% on the PS4 boat now. was 75% before but MS made sure to fill in the remaining 25% after their presentation.

right now Xbox 1 is getting Wii U-like negative buzz. not good.

This is all so funny. The Wii U negativity shifting to Microsoft is absolutely gold. I cannot wait for E3. It's like a 3-sided war and everybody's cannons are misfiring.

gurudyne

Microsoft went in a different direction...

They sure did. Nothing of value was shown, the excitement was drained out of the product and not only did Microsoft's stock drop after the event, Sony's went up 9%. What a nice clusterfuck of failed marketing.

And if the answer to mishandling the public's expectations is to "Wait for E3" then what was the point of today? What's the point of showing hardware off if you aren't going to show what it can do? The reveal should have waited for E3.

They sure did. Nothing of value was shown, the excitement was drained out of the product and not only did Microsoft's stock drop after the event, Sony's went up 9%. What a nice clusterfuck of failed marketing.

And if the answer to mishandling the public's expectations is to "Wait for E3" then what was the point of today? What's the point of showing hardware off if you aren't going to show what it can do? The reveal should have waited for E3.

yep. MS strategy ain't gonna change in 20 days.

After years of watching Monday Night RAW that xbox show didnt piss me off that much.

Role on e3 though because GOD DAMN I did not care for a single thing there.

And the OS looks like the Windows 8 of game consoles. I see what they want to do with all these features but I dont think anyone wants to use this crap just like no one wants to use Metro in Windows.

Windows 8 is aight

Yeah. Once you just use the desktop its the windows we know and love. And I guess the start screen is ok because its a super quick way to check my email by just smacking the windows key and looking at the email live tile. I just dont get what the rest of that start stuff is for.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm one of those guys that can only play when school is out, so I tend to have to wait to play games. As a result, I usually have to rely on used games, because the games that I want are usually out of print.

Plus, on just a fundamental level, I should be able to own the things that I purchase, especially if they're physical. Also, I used used games as a cheap means of introducing myself to a franchise. If I liked it, I would then subsequently buy the newer games in the franchise. Now, I'll be averse to trying anything new, unless I'm sure that I'm going to like it.

yep. MS strategy ain't gonna change in 20 days.

This.

And if they have so many games to show at E3, why the fuck did they only show us cutscenes and slo-mo sequences and wireframe bullshit? Is that going to change in 20 days, and suddenly they're going to have all kinds of playable games to reveal?

I'm a wrestling fan, and most of that presentation seemed like a work to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The worst part is people are shitting on MS, rightfully so, but they seriously think Sony won't have the same shit.

You can NOT do something this extreme while the other provider doesn't because that would be just GIVING it to them.

strobogo

Banned
If there wasn't a remixed Mr. Perfect theme, the thing with El Hijo de Perfecto sounds like a total last minute thing that was decided about an hour before the show.

Top Bottom