• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hjxvz.gif

jred2k

We got our ION Main Event match next as Kofi Kingston and Dean Ambrose went to a no contest when the other Shield guys attacked and Orton and Sheamus made the save. It turned into a six man that The Shield won when Ambrose pinned Kofi.

After the match Team Hell No came out and the faces were left standing tall as The Shield got laid out.

Tag Team belts a death sentence confirmed again.

Aiii

So not worth it
We got our ION Main Event match next as Kofi Kingston and Dean Ambrose went to a no contest when the other Shield guys attacked and Orton and Sheamus made the save. It turned into a six man that The Shield won when Ambrose pinned Kofi.

After the match Team Hell No came out and the faces were left standing tall as The Shield got laid out.

So let me get this straight.
They win the match, even after team unbeatable is added to Kofi's team, and only get defeated after two more people oppose them. And it's a death sentence for The Shield?
How?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, PTP could work real well as faces. They're both super likeable, but I guess WWE faces aren't likeable so I don't know.

I'm just saying, the jimmies already like the millions of dollars dance.
tumblr_mmh5dskpJ51s1vcudo1_250.gif

Ithil

The last part is unlikely to be on TV, it's for the crowd after the tapings end.

jred2k

They win the match, even after team unbeatable is added to Kofi's team, and only get defeated after two more people oppose them. And it's a death sentence for The Shield?
How?

Eh, I'll wait and see how it plays out, but I just can't remember the last time Hell No had the upperhand on the Shield when Cena wasn't involved. Daniel Bryan coming out and wrecking shit would make sense with where his character seems to be going, though.

Oh and I am wrong or:

Wasn't Barrett/Sin Cara the match advertised for Main Event on RAW?

Striker

How?
Team unbeatable lost many times to Shield.

The times of "Where is the direction?" of WWE.

Having a stable that was not built with a bunch of jobbers or random main event guys to battle the Shield would've been stellar. That goes for a bunch of other members on the roster, too, notably the tag division.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People BOtthurt about Mr. Dallas? Give the man a chance!

Aiii

So not worth it
Team unbeatable lost many times to Shield.

The times of "Where is the direction?" of WWE.

Having a stable that was not built with a bunch of jobbers or random main event guys to battle the Shield would've been stellar. That goes for a bunch of other members on the roster, too, notably the tag division.

But wouldn't that pretty much kill the entire gimmick?
The Shield is being portrayed as unbeatable because they've figured out that if you band together, isolate the enemy and beat him 3 on 1 you can be pretty much undefeatable. Having a counterweight 3-man team would negate that.

I dunno, I think it's one of the best thing WWE has done in the past 10 years, if not the best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd never really paid attention to Mick McManus before (shame on me, really) and I watched 3 matches this morning before work because I woke up early. That man could go, very good wrassles on display. Highly influential no doubt.

Striker

But wouldn't that pretty much kill the entire gimmick?
The Shield is being portrayed as unbeatable because they've figured out that if you band together, isolate the enemy and beat him 3 on 1 you can be pretty much undefeatable. Having a counterweight 3-man team would negate that.

I dunno, I think it's one of the best thing WWE has done in the past 10 years, if not the best.
I'd prefer it to what we've had thus far, to be honest. Team Hell No + Ryback was a decent start, but after that they should've done something else. Random teaming of Cena, Sheamus, Ryback, or Big Show, Sheamus, Orton.

They've beaten all the top guys they've been put up against. What level higher can they go now? Only one of the big titles, but even then we'll have to see them defeat one on one against the likes of Cena, Ryback, Ziggler, Punk, and so on. I am hoping they're split by SummerSlam and somebody like Ambrose can begin his next step. As a trio they've accomplished way more than what anybody can ask for.

jred2k

No way should the Shield split by SummerSlam. The problem with most of the roster right now is the fast rise and fast fall pushes. The Shield need a consistent long-term build to be made in to anything other than midcarders. They've only been around since Survivor Series and their first non-PPV match was the night after EC. They've still got a lot left in the tank, they just need a little more direction.

Kacho

Gold Member
Not only did he screw up with the drug bust, he gave their World champ a concussion and caused a built match to be deferred. They can't be too impressed with him.

Absolutely. I think Swagger has looked really bummed out lately when he's been on TV. He goes out there and does his job, but he's just going through the motions. I'm guessing he won't be around too much longer.

McNei1y

People BOtthurt about Mr. Dallas? Give the man a chance!

It'll be interesting once he's actually up here again. Obviously everything seems on repeat because we have a lack of new garbage to Bo around. I wonder if he'll get the same push when he comes back up. I think the last time we saw him was when he was ordered to help up whoever got throw to the ground.

As the spoilers
I don't mind those results. They've been reckless their entire time up here. They've won every 3 on 3 match they've been placed in. It only makes sense to have them get dominated by 5 people. I really have no idea where they can go from here, though. Maybe a reveal that they have a fourth member like Ryback or something? And then have that guy get the WWE Title? It's good that they are at least having more singles matches.

Absolutely. I think Swagger has looked really bummed out lately when he's been on TV. He goes out there and does his job, but he's just going through the motions. I'm guessing he won't be around too much longer.

Which stinks. He isn't the best wrestler but I like his technique. Then again, Kurt Angle is my favorite wrestler. I can't think of anyone currently on the roster that can mimic that sort of style.

Striker

No way should the Shield split by SummerSlam. The problem with most of the roster right now is the fast rise and fast fall pushes. The Shield need a consistent long-term build to be made in to anything other than midcarders. They've only been around since Survivor Series and their first non-PPV match was the night after EC. They've still got a lot left in the tank, they just need a little more direction.
That's what I'm saying though. Who will they contend with? They've already beaten the top guys, and we have yet to see Bryan and Kane get a win over them. It's so one sided it's gotten fairly ridiculous. Yeah the roster stinks, but it's even more evident when you have these new guys come in, run rampant, and win all the time. After beating the likes of Cena, Ryback, the tag team champions consisting of two of the better workers on the show, plus big babyfaces in Orton and Sheamus - oh yeah, even a 3v3 match including the Undertaker, what's left? Who is left for them to take out or feud with?

strobogo

Banned
Which stinks. He isn't the best wrestler but I like his technique. Then again, Kurt Angle is my favorite wrestler. I can't think of anyone currently on the roster that can mimic that sort of style.

Swagger being forced into a Kurt Angle clone, but not as good and much more of a jobber, is really what's wrong with him. He's never really had a style of his own and I think that has been a big problem with him for a few years now. And then they decided to make him a Jericho clone for a while, and when that didn't really work out, he got to be goofy and over the top with Bunkhouse Bunk and his Soaring Eagle. That was the only time he's really shown personality. Then it ended and he went back to straight up, generic Kurt Angle for another year or so. And now he has ZERO personality and works like Randy Orton, but with an ankle lock instead of chin locks.

jmdajr

Gaming consoles have reached a level where any upgrades are incremental at best and aren't really important. People spazzing over what Sony or Microsoft are doing are weirdos. They'll have basically the same thing, just like this generation. They're both going to be primarily media centers before game consoles. It's the same thing, but prettier. No need to melt downs.

It's a warzone over there.

McNei1y

Jack Swagger's gimmick should be Biff Tannen. Douchey high school bully. HE EVEN LOOKS LIKE HIM FFS

That really would be the best gimmick for him. And it would also be one of the best in WWE currently, at least IMO. I can imagine him coming out, interrupting matches and just calling people buttheads. That would be excellent.

XenoRaven

Those socks man. Those socks.

SoulPlaya, I need to see the classiest picture of Kane you can find. No ugly colored jeans. No WWE polo. I mean classy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm arguing with a guy on facebook about the xbox one and why it's so awful, and he works at Gamestop. Like, you can't see WHY this might be problematic?

XenoRaven

I give him 6/10 on the classy scale. Slightly better than average. He would normally get more points for the ring in the first pic, but that's probably his wedding ring so it doesn't count.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm arguing with a guy on facebook about the xbox one and why it's so awful, and he works at Gamestop. Like, you can't see WHY this might be problematic?

Why are you wasting time arguing on fb about video games

RBH

Hundreds of players will get cut by NFL players before the start of the regular season, and most of those players will keep working out and hoping for another chance at making it in professional football.

But some of those players may try to make it in professional wrestling.

Jim Ross, who works with World Wrestling Entertainment in talent development, has a meeting scheduled with the NFL Players Association today in which he’ll make the case that football players who lose their jobs on NFL teams should be informed that a second career in pro wrestling may be available to them.

“Everybody doesn’t make the 53-man roster,” Ross told Alex Marvez and Jim Miller on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “Some guys are going to be looking for work, and we’ve got some job openings. Maybe we can put the synergies of those two entities together and create something wonderful some day.”

From the WWE’s perspective, it’s easy to see why this makes sense: Pro wrestling needs big, strong, agile athletes, and football produces lots of those. And some of the guys cut by the NFL would bring name recognition from their playing days into the wrestling ring.

There’s also a long history of athletes dabbling in both wrestling and football, from Bronko Nagurski to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and dozens of others in between. If you’re a football player who couldn’t quite make it in the NFL, you could do worse than turning to wrestling.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...calling-for-players-who-get-cut-from-the-nfl/

0vOvS.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's less embarrassing than WWE.

Also I wouldn't be too concerned about how a Gamestop employee feels about next-gen and phasing out their used marketplace

There's enough poor people out there that pick through the pov bins for 99 cent PS2 games to build an empire and maintain it for another good 10 years.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I give him 6/10 on the classy scale. Slightly better than average. He would normally get more points for the ring in the first pic, but that's probably his wedding ring so it doesn't count.
Why does that not count? There's nothing classier than a marriage that works.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys, I think WWE would be a lot better if the wrestlers dressed like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters.

Man, that new game looks sweet...

Kaladin

I'm going to one of these shows but I can only really go to one show.....which would you go to?

EVOLVE 21: USA vs. The World
Saturday, June 1st, 2013
Edge Concert Hall
(fomerly known as Plush)
845 University Blvd N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211
8pm EST. Belltime

USA vs. Japan #1
AR Fox vs. EITA

USA vs. Japan #2
Johnny Gargano vs. Tomahawk T.T.

USA vs. Mexico
Shane Strickland vs. Samuray Del Sol

USA vs. Europe
Caleb Konley vs. Tommy Taylor

Bonus Tag Team Main Event
The Young Bucks vs. Anthony Nese & Brian Cage

Special Challenge Match
Jon Davis vs. Chuck Taylor

Special Attraction Match
Lince Dorado vs. Jonny Vandal

Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. Andrew Everett & Derek Ryze

EVOLVE 22
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL 33605
8pm EST. Belltime

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Samuray Del Sol

Open The United Gate Title Match
The Young Bucks defend vs. EITA & Tomahawk T.T.

Heavyweight Clash
Jon Davis vs. Brian Cage

EVOLVE 16 Rematch
AR Fox vs. Lince Dorado

Newcomers Showcase Six Man Tag Match
The Bravado Brothers & Andrew Everett vs. Dos Ben Dejos & Shane Strickland

Special Challenge Match #1
Chuck Taylor vs. Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #2
Anthony Nese vs. Tommy Taylor

Both of these cards look stacked. Evolve 22 has the title matches but is a bit farther of a drive for me. Both have at least 4 matches I would want to see on these cards.....hard decision here. (I will be getting the other show on iPPV).

I'm going to one of these shows but I can only really go to one show.....which would you go to?

Both of these cards look stacked. Evolve 22 has the title matches but is a bit farther of a drive for me. Both have at least 4 matches I would want to see on these cards.....hard decision here. (I will be getting the other show on iPPV).

hmmm

I say night 2. The title matches plus I prefer watching Cage in a singles match.

How much longer of a drive is it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah so I talked a bit about Rod Roddy yesterday and how I wish he'd been a manager as he seemed right up the alley at the time - is there anyone in particular from any walk of life that you wished was a wrestling commentator, whether it be color or play by play?

ZRFpVB8.gif

Mick Foley is doing another kiddie book. This one features young but still beardy D. Brine and a young Kane learning to put aside their differences to save their neighborhood from the clutches of an evil baseball coach named Mr. McMahon.

Top Bottom