• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Kaladin

There were two threads about Kane in the OT last week, and this is what you people come up with? I know it's ironic coming from me, but I really don't get the Bo thing. The WWE isn't even trying to really push this guy, so I don't even get the criticism, really. What's the obsession? I know it's supposed to be funny, but WrassleGAF's obsessions are usually with established guys actually doing stuff, so I'm lost here.

I don't get it. At least AJ is hot, and Kane and HBK are legends. WrassleGaf obsessions usually make sense. Bo Dallas is an ugly fuck with no talent.

I would even accept a Curtis Axel obsession over Bo Dallas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's gotten out of control.

Well there's now a thread for it so we can talk about pure wrassels in here.

I might end up buying Aniversario. I tend to avoid a lot of Chikara just because I end up avoiding it on accident, but I might make an honest effort. I really like pretty much every match Angelosetti's ever been in.

XenoRaven

I'm not worried about pure wrestling talk. I just think the joke has gone too far. He hasn't been on TV in months as far as I can tell.

I'm just one guy though. If you're enjoying yourselves, by all means, go ahead.

The lizard drawing is still fucking hilarious though. My god.

Kaladin

NXT is the best thing going in WWE right now, it's Sami Zayn week!

NXT_515_Sami_zpsd2c65c7a.png

It's Sami Zayn week this week, forget Bo Dallas. He's the next big thing.

strobogo

Banned
This brightened my day

WWE seems intent on pushing Bo despite his look. We all figured maybe we're just kinda weird and have unrealistic expectations or think his face is weirder than it truly is - so it's up to the public to say how they feel. Looks like we aren't wrong. I don't think an image consultant could find a look that WORKS for this guy. He just looks so damn weird.

I mean do you REALLY want a "Let's all worship Batista's body" thread in earnest, Soul? I think not.

Considering he debuted in the Rumble, had a match on Raw that no one liked and were upset over the result, and hasn't been on real WWE TV since, I'd say they aren't super intent on pushing him. He's doing what he's doing in NXT, but NXT hasn't been super applicable to main WWE. Examples: Big E as monster face in NXT, back up muscle in WWE. Seth Rollins as John Cena of NXT, member of heel stable in WWE. Dean Ambrose wasn't even on TV for months before Shield.

jred2k

I actually think its even shittier they haven't tried to sustain anything with Bo. He just showed up, made Barrett look like an even bigger bitch, then went away. Its like Vince had this idea he was gonna be the next big thing then all of a sudden realized hes Bo fuckin' Dallas.

It is a combo of both. Sorry. I plan to finish up everything with the exception of the final four this weekend.

Thats cool. I was just making sure I hadn't missed anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does Sunflower hate the Community section that much?

I don't hate it. I just feel we should be more mainstream, so I'm taking steps to try to raise our mindshare in Neogaf's OT. Welcome to Sunflower's Corporation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The sound of his tail bone and then head cracking against the ice was disgusting.

I never heard it. That reminds me...

Sure, it's a gruesome subject but one that should break Bootaaay out of his self-imposed funk he's currently in. No amount of Bo will get him but this question might.

What's the sickest chairshot you've ever seen? Gif or video form preferred.

Aiii

So not worth it
I never heard it. That reminds me...

Sure, it's a gruesome subject but one that should break Bootaaay out of his self-imposed funk he's currently in. No amount of Bo will get him but this question might.

What's the sickest chairshot you've ever seen? Gif or video form preferred.

Damnit Sun, no, no. No! No! Nooooooooooooooo!

strobogo

Banned
I gif'd it, but I should have put the video of it up instead because the gif couldn't capture the speed and sound of the chair shot, but Kanyon hit SMOOV with a chair so hard it broke it own hand.

Kaladin

Hmmm. Evolve 20 next Thursday is not an iPPV due to a shitty internet connection in the building, it will be uploaded to VOD on Friday.

So upcoming iPPVs:

SHINE Wrestling presents
SHINE 10
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Bell Time - 9 PM
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL

Already Signed -

SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier on the Line!
Jessicka Havok vs. Portia Perez

Valkyrie is Barred from Ringside!
Rain vs. Angelina Love

SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier
Mercedes Martinez vs. Mia Yim

Leva vs. Taylor Made w/ April Hunter

Nikki Roxx vs. Allysin Kay w/ April Hunter

Santana vs. Kimberly

Also Appearing -

Daffney
Ivelisse
Amber O'Neal
Heidi Lovelace
Sojo Bolt
Jessie Belle
Luscious Latasha

Saturday, June 1st, 2013
Edge Concert Hall
(formerly known as Plush)
845 University Blvd N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211
8pm Belltime

USA vs. Japan #1
AR Fox vs. EITA

USA vs. Japan #2
Johnny Gargano vs. Tomahawk T.T.

USA vs. Mexico
Shane Strickland vs. Samuray Del Sol

USA vs. Europe
Caleb Konley vs. Tommy Taylor

Bonus Tag Team Main Event
The Young Bucks vs. Anthony Nese & Brian Cage

Special Challenge Match
Jon Davis vs. Chuck Taylor

Special Attraction Match
Lince Dorado vs. Jonny Vandal

Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. Andrew Everett & Derek Ryze

CHIKARA returns to iPPV on June 2, 2013 at 4PM

LIVE FROM THE TROCADERO

ANIVERSARIO: NEVER COMPROMISE

06/01 - 19:00 EST - Countdown to Aniversario - FREE
06/02 - 15:30 EST - Freeview A-Go-Go
06/02 - 16:00 EST - Aniversario: Never Compromise - $14.99

. CHIKARA Grand Championship:
Eddie Kingston (c) vs Icarus

. Campeonatos de Parejas - 2/3 Falls:
3.0 (Scott 'Jagged' Parker & 'Black Magic' Shane Matthews) (c) vs Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard)

. Sarcophagus Match: Amasis vs Ophidian

. Trios Tag Action: The Colony (Green Ant, Fire Ant & assailANT) vs The Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch)

. Mandated by The Director of Fun: Gavin Loudspeaker vs Tim Donst

. The Battle for Trios Supremacy: The Spectral Envoy (UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare) vs The Colony: Xtreme Force (Missile Assault Ant, Orbit Adventure Ant & Arctic Rescue Ant)

. Young Lion's Cup: 'Mr. Touchdown' Mark Angelosetti (c) vs Saturyne

EVOLVE 22
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013
The Orpheum
1915 E. 7th Avenue
Ybor City, FL 33605
8pm Belltime

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
Johnny Gargano defends vs. Samuray Del Sol

Open The United Gate Title Match
The Young Bucks defend vs. EITA & Tomahawk T.T.

Heavyweight Clash
Jon Davis vs. Brian Cage

EVOLVE 16 Rematch
AR Fox vs. Lince Dorado

Newcomers Showcase Six Man Tag Match
The Bravado Brothers & Andrew Everett vs. Dos Ben Dejos & Shane Strickland

Special Challenge Match #1
Chuck Taylor vs. Caleb Konley

Special Challenge Match #2
Anthony Nese vs. Tommy Taylor

Some good shows coming up for indie fans.

I don't hate it. I just feel we should be more mainstream, so I'm taking steps to try to raise our mindshare in Neogaf's OT. Welcome to Sunflower's Corporation.

We're no less mainstream than any other thread in the Community forums.

Unless you're one of those dinosaurs who thinks that Community = graveyard, in which case you're entirely wrong.

KissVibes

Banned
I don't get it. At least AJ is hot, and Kane and HBK are legends. WrassleGaf obsessions usually make sense. Bo Dallas is an ugly fuck with no talent.

I would even accept a Curtis Axel obsession over Bo Dallas.

I think anyone would take Curt Axel over Bo. Axel is a pretty decent wrestler who could do okay with Paul.

Nothing can save Bo Dallas.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel really bad for you losers who can't see Bo's raw, unexplored talent. He could be the best in the world, even better than Cena if he works at it. I feel sorry that you're so blind to anyone who's not from DA INDIE CIRCUIT and like boring guys like foreign heel #58 I mean Antonio Cesnoreo

strobogo

Banned
El Hijo de Perfecto was actually one of the most engaging guys live at the terrible Raw I went to. I'm not sure why it doesn't come across as much on TV. I think he'd really click if he had a real storyline and focus other than "guy who wrestles on Superstars and sometimes wears shorts and a wave cap for some reason".

bangai-o

Banned
i dont understand about AJs submission hold is why cant the opponent just walk over to the ropes and get a count release, or just fall back and put AJ in a pin?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
El Hijo de Perfecto was actually one of the most engaging guys live at the terrible Raw I went to. I'm not sure why it doesn't come across as much on TV. I think he'd really click if he had a real storyline and focus other than "guy who wrestles on Superstars and sometimes wears shorts and a wave cap for some reason".

The mistake was debuting him as some kind of 'big deal'. I mean, they didn't even change his look FFS. At least with Albert they tried to make him look a little different and he used different moves. Guys you hype like that need to look like Brock Lesnar or have some insane continuity past.

I'm loving the ** ****** thread, Sunflower.

Not quite as much as I'm loving the angry/confused reactions from some people in this thread though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SHINE 10 looks really great, as usual it has everyone I want to see in it. I'll spring for that - need to support em.

gurudyne

What was the reaction here when McGillicutty redebuted?

Anticipation, a moment of excitement, then that farting noise when a balloon deflates. After that, it was sort of the XBone reveal, only instead of rage, it was a mix of curiosity, apathy and then incredulity at the lengths Haitch went to to bury this guy.

Top Bottom