• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

somedevil

The Rock trilogy ends with a whimper.....not a bang. I imagine they jacked the prices up in anticipation of getting around 2011's buyrate. Cena vs Rock II did around the same # of buys as Cena vs Miz featuring The Rock....hmmm.

Well to them it was a sucess due to all the money they made from it because of it being sold out, being in NY and the raised pay per view prices.

The buyrate probably went down due to bad build up to Wrestlemania. People already saw Rock vs Cena last year and the bad build didn't help people want the sequel. The rematch basically went like Rock vs Hogan 2. The first was memorable and the second match up was forgetable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mn1rr5pS5L1s4hwu8o1_500.png

Sephzilla

I think Goldberg is fucking overrated.

He was cool and I cheered for him back when he had his streak going on, but Goldberg isn't very high on my list of wrestlers I'd love to see come back.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't remember him ever being impressive. Lesnar was doing all the work when he was as feuding with him.

I was gonna start my first post with "I'm gonna assume you never watched WCW when Goldberg was in his prime and only saw his WWE stuff" but decided that we be unfair.

Goldberg was a beast and along with the way they build him up he was unique and impressive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goldberg couldn't do a lot, and he had some moves that were stupid and didn't fit his character(whenever he'd do backflips and kicks), but the few moves he did, he did really well. Guy was legit strong.

Like Jackhammering The Giant or catching Scott Steiner in the air. It helped that he didn't look like a veiny freak like Brodus.

Even as a kid, I saw right through Goldberg as WCW's attempt at ripping off Stone Cold (bald white guy with goatee and plain black trunks), only he couldn't wrestle and couldn't talk. I hated that my friends were buying this crap which in turn made me hate Goldberg more.

Someone just posted The Brood's theme in the BO DALLAS thread and listening to that plus remembering Shark Johnson's posts just made me imagine Christian coming back through a pit of fire with that music playing and destroying all the supernatural bullshit wrestlers like Kane and Undertaker with his awesome vampire powers.

gurudyne

It was. Should have been on TV.

Characters can't display character on TV. That's only for backstage segments. TV is for over-explaining the tiniest details of so-called feuds and usually getting that wrong somehow, like by advertising movies instead. By the way, does AJ have a movie? No? Then she can just shut up and let the movie stars like Miz, Orton and Barrett talk instead. About movies. On the wrestling show.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH It should have been on TV. Twitterberg/Goldtweet is 100% right about this company.

DMczaf

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/bret-hart-appreciation-night-post-show-app-26114391

Immediately after Raw goes off the air this Monday in Calgary, WWE will present “Bret Hart Appreciation Night,” in a Raw Post-Show, paying tribute to the five-time WWE Champion’s illustrious career. And the only way to catch all the festivities is exclusively on the WWE App.

WWE.com has learned that WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hit Man” Hart will be in attendance at the Scotiabank Saddledome for the monumental WWE App special. Join the rest of the WWE Universe in honoring the pink and black when The Stampede City’s favorite son comes home.

RockCena.png

My wife got approved (pizoxuat), but not soon after she had some wrist surgery and is avoiding typing very much.

Of course I'm not the most active guy on here either.

Alucard

Banned
Someone just posted The Brood's theme in the BO DALLAS thread and listening to that plus remembering Shark Johnson's posts just made me imagine Christian coming back through a pit of fire with that music playing and destroying all the supernatural bullshit wrestlers like Kane and Undertaker with his awesome vampire powers.

I've heard and read numerous fan accounts of Christian being a dick in real life. Just throwing that out there.

We don't have girls because they don't get approved.
If a girl gets approved with the intention of joining are community, it's going to be like that episode of Freaks & Geeks when the pretty, new girl hangs out with the geeks because she's still getting the lay of the land. Then she finds out they're geeks and hangs out with the popular kids instead.

Same thing is going to happen to us. They'll join and talk about Sheamus' ass or whatever and eventually set out for greener pastures; like The Black thread.

Isn't Perspicacity going to this show? Where is he anyway?

I can just imagine him sitting there reading this post, licking his lips and rubbing his hands together at the prospect of seeing The Hitman. Licking his dry, chapped-as-fuck Canadian lips (on acount of the snow and cold weather), just fucking biding his time.

I think being a Heyman guy might be a curse.

Benoit: Dead
Guerrero: Dead
Mike Awesome: Dead
Public Enemy: Dead
Axl Rotten: Bell's Palsy
Tommy Dreamer: A weepy fat ass
Raven: Insufferable, unhirable prick
Foley: Has the body of an 80 year old
Sandman: Drunk drug addict
Shane Douglas: Works at Target, is a terrible promoter, unhirable

Punk and Bork better watch out.

Heidenreich: Not seen in ages :(