• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

problem solved

KbAzzy3.jpg

krae_man

http://frenchquartersuites.com/suites-and-rooms/

This hotel looks promising. Will have to wait a while before we can book a room though.

It is a bit further from the stadiums though, might need a cab....but it's still French Quarter.

Edit: about a 15 minute walk to the stadium.

Looks like lots of places are not even booking rooms that far in advance yet. Either that or they are saving rooms for WWE travel packages. That first one you mentioned with 2 kings seems like the best one right now.

charsace

Just watch my first WWE show in like 6 or 7 years because of the Shield. They have some great mic work, in ring work, and a good gimmick. The WWE needs to do what it can to keep these guys together for the rest of the year at least. Establish them as a team like they did with DX. These 3 guys are future of the WWE. Ambrose can be a Stone Cold type if handled right. Rollins is what everyone wanted Jeff Hardy to be; a high flyer with technical skills and good mic work. Reigns looks really good working in the ring and even though he's green in regards o mic work, he brings intensity and the role he has right now is a perfect way to bring him a long. Hopefully Reigns mic work keeps improving for when they break this group up.

charsace

Rollins is way better on the mic than Jeff but I wouldn't say he's wonderful by any means.

I watched some of his work prior to this shield thing and his mic work is better Randy Orton who is a main event guy right now. The Shield is great stuff even though they don't really have a story line. Once the WWE gives them a story line these guys will great. The problem is that you don't have strong groups like you had in the late 90's. And these guys aren't allowed to go wild. And they aren't allowed to wrestle to the best of their abilities either.

mooooose

I watched some of his work prior to this shield thing and his mic work is better Randy Orton who is a main event guy right now. The Shield is great stuff even though they don't really have a story line. Once the WWE gives them a story line these guys will great. The problem is that you don't have strong groups like you had in the late 90's. And these guys aren't allowed to go wild. And they aren't allowed to wrestle to the best of their abilities either.

I still agree that The Shield are great. In addition to them, Punk was/is great, Bryan is great, Cesaro is great, and NXT has tons of good talent too. WWE is (read: should) be in a great place.

strobogo

Banned
I kind of get a kick out of Rock having given up on life so much that he exclusively wears athletic pants. You know who else does that? My grandpa.

I was gonna start my first post with "I'm gonna assume you never watched WCW when Goldberg was in his prime and only saw his WWE stuff" but decided that we be unfair.

Goldberg was a beast and along with the way they build him up he was unique and impressive.

Yep. His gimmick worked incredibly well when done properly but the WWE had no interest in repeating that, they just hired him to get a few $$$ from merch and prove to the world that he wasn't as good as his fans thought he was. He should've stayed away, like Sting.

Anyway, I don't think it's been posted yet but... Bah gawd it's Stone Cold E.T.! Stone Cold E.T.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIBgRzlX5KY

Sometimes I wonder if you guys believe you're own hype with Bo Dallas.

I worry about you guys.

From what I read, I can't believe that he had to cheat to beat Langston. Even when he tried to cheat, fate conspired against him and he couldn't get the turnbuckle off. Therefore he beat Big E Langston clean.

He's the real deal, Sandman.

Ripclawe

Banned
Dwayne The Rock Johnson
Universal called to say FAST 6's record breaking box office success doesn't happen without The "Samoan Thor".

Thank U! We ALL did it.

Including my bicep baby oil.

eat it Vin LOSER!

Just got back from an NXT show and figured I'd do a write up for it:

WWE NXT Live Event - Cocoa Armory, Cocoa Florida – May 25, 2013

- Number One Contenders Battle Royal
Participants: Mojo Rawley, Colin Cassady, Knuckles Madsen, Dante Dash, Baron Corbin, Jake Carter, Jason Jordan, Malik Omari, Sami Zayn, Alexender Rusev, Xaiver Woods, Rick Victor

Eliminations:
* Cassady by the majority of the others tossing him over together.
* Omari by Victor.
* Corbin by Victor.
* Victor by Mojo after Jordan, Zayn and Woods ping-pong punched him around leaving him open for a clothesline elimination.
* Dash, Jordan, Zayn and Woods by Rusev.
* Madsen and Carter by Mojo stopping their elimnation attempt on him and back dropping both over the top rope.
* Rawley by Rusev immediately after.
Rusev cut a promo in Bulgarian following the match.

- Mason Ryan vs Leo Kruger
Kruger won with a roll up after Ryan missed a splash in the corner.
This was a a fairly long match. The first 10 minutes were pure comedy, to the point where Ryan tried to get the ref to fight Kruger for constantly disrespecting his authority. Ryan showed a lot of charisma here as a baby face interacting with the fans.

- Corey Graves vs Luke Harper
Graves won with the 13th Step.

- Sasha Banks, Kendall Skye and Paige vs Emma, Bayley and Charlotte
Sasha Banks got the win for her team with a straight-jacket neckbreaker on Charlotte.

- Mickie Keegan and Aiden English vs Scott Dawson and Garrett Dylan w/ Sylvester LeFort
Dawson and Dylan won with their double team finisher on Keegan.
Dawson and Dylan are really starting to grow on me as an old school, Southern Heel tag team.

NXT Championship Match
- Bo Dallas vs Alexander Rusev
Dallas won with a spear.

One other thing I found interesting: Ohno was one of the many wrestlers working security. This itself isn't anything unusual, but for most of the night he was at a table with Steve Keirn, and another person who I couldn't make out, watching, and seemingly discussing, all of the matches.

Kaladin

Sounds like you actually got a decent show. The one I went to seemed thrown together at the last minute with whoever was there. At least I got Generico/Ohno vs The Wyatt Family.

Also, I think Adrian Neville was working the merchant table that night.

Yeah, overall it was pretty fun. My friend got to meet Paige and get her to sign this sign he made for her earlier in the week:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLA6sbFCIAEx15t.jpg

I also got to meet and talk with Hero for a bit.

Oh and Bayley's new gimmick is so weird. She acts all innocently happy go lucky. She comes out awkwardly smiling.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298532_10102040989218092_1737405815_n.jpg
Before the match her team did a group huddle, so she then went to try and do one with the other team as well, but was stopped by Emma and Charlotte. Also during the match I likened her interactions with her team to the little sister who is giddy to be hanging out with her big sister and her friends and keeps trying to impress them.

I looked at all of UFC tonight. It was compelling and engaging, and some guy, like, shit blood or something.

I am now downloading DOTA

Also, want to rewatch Contact.

Cagey

Banned
Watching one of the Stone Cold docs...

WWE pitched him three names: Otto von Ruthless. Ice Dagger. Fang McFrost.

:lol :lol that's on some Big McLargehuge shit

Yeah, overall it was pretty fun. My friend got to meet Paige and get her to sign this sign he made for her earlier in the week:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLA6sbFCIAEx15t.jpg

I also got to meet and talk with Hero for a bit.

Oh and Bayley's new gimmick is so weird. She acts all innocently happy go lucky. She comes out awkwardly smiling.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298532_10102040989218092_1737405815_n.jpg
Before the match her team did a group huddle, so she then went to try and do one with the other team as well, but was stopped by Emma and Charlotte. Also during the match I likened her interactions with her team to the little sister who is giddy to be hanging out with her big sister and her friends and keeps trying to impress them.
Dude I was there. Talked to your friend with the sign too!

78E6B8B2-E088-464D-8CCE-866F46955122-574-00000032E13E030A_zps7e658f71.jpg

Anth0ny

Watching one of the Stone Cold docs...

WWE pitched him three names: Otto von Ruthless. Ice Dagger. Fang McFrost.

:lol :lol that's on some Big McLargehuge shit

WWE suggested names for Mankind:

Lone Wolf
Odd Man
False Face
Igor Van Gogh
Gore Van Gogh
Metaman

Dude I was there. Talked to your friend with the sign too!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/arthurchase/78E6B8B2-E088-464D-8CCE-866F46955122-574-00000032E13E030A_zps7e658f71.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nice. Me and you may have chatted as well then, since me and him sat together.

And what swerve ending? Are you drunk? You stealing Entropia's gimmick?

EDIT: Y'know what, no. I'm not doing this. Imma go watch new episodes of Arrested Development like someone with good taste would be doing. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR YOUR TROLLING.

Top Bottom