• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

somedevil

WWE put out a breakdown of people who watch wrestling:

64% is Male and 36% is female. The people who watch 33% are 50 and older, 22% are 35-49, 24% are 18-34 and 21% are 18 and under.

strobogo

Banned
If 80% of the audience is 18 and up, why do they pander so much to the 20%? I wonder what the break down is for merch buying demographics. I wonder if the percentage of items sold to/for the 18 and under crowd is significantly higher than the whole other 80%.

Penguin

Has anyone seen/bought the best of In Your House DVD/Blu?

Kind of curious about it.
Is there a doc/talking head or is it all matches?

Entropia

No One Remembers

64% is Male and 36% is female. The people who watch 33% are 50 and older, 22% are 35-49, 24% are 18-34 and 21% are 18 and under.

Very odd demographic breakdown. Of the 21% 18 and Under, I wonder what the breakdown of that is say 4-10, 11-18?

I'm surprised that the highest percent are 50 and older. I thought it'd be the male 18-34 or whatever it is.

Has anyone seen/bought the best of In Your House DVD/Blu?

Kind of curious about it.
Is there a doc/talking head or is it all matches?

Shit, is that out now??

Penguin

Very odd demographic breakdown. Of the 21% 18 and Under, I wonder what the breakdown of that is say 4-10, 11-18?

I'm surprised that the highest percent are 50 and older. I thought it'd be the male 18-34 or whatever it is.

Shit, is that out now??

I read it on one of those WWE "Did You Know" scrolls on Monday, and said was their best selling one.. so assumed it was out..

Also Top 25 Rivalries comes out Tues and WarGames next month

Use to buy a bunch of these, but since they started putting up so many on Netflix

RBH

I stopped buying WWE DVDs once they started to put seemingly every title on Netflix. Even though it's just the documentary portion for certain titles, that's all I'm mainly interested in for things like CM Punk's DVD.

RBH

jfW2FmVaoRpAN.jpg

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/match-listing-wcw-war-games-wwe-dvd/39302/

If 80% of the audience is 18 and up, why do they pander so much to the 20%? I wonder what the break down is for merch buying demographics. I wonder if the percentage of items sold to/for the 18 and under crowd is significantly higher than the whole other 80%.

Probably because the 80% wouldn't buy the merchandise. But the 20% want the merchandise and ask their parents/80% to buy it for them

Kaladin

My only problem with the War Games DVD is it seems to lack on covering the build to the matches, which was often better than the matches themselves.

somedevil

Probably because the 80% wouldn't buy the merchandise. But the 20% want the merchandise and ask their parents/80% to buy it for them

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan draw in people to buy there merchandise and a good deal of there fanbase is over 18. So your theory is true for Cena. Ziggler makes money off his shirts and I doubt its a bunch of 8 year olds wearing his stuff.

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan draw in people to buy there merchandise and a good deal of there fanbase is over 18. So your theory is true for Cena. Ziggler makes money off his shirts and I doubt its a bunch of 8 year olds wearing his stuff.

Oh i know but thats the kind of thinking that's going on why they pander to the young kids. Kids don't have money to buy merch, they want them to beg their parents to buy them the merch.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I hope they start building up to The Shield vs. Paul Heyman Guys soon.

Lesnar, Punk, Axel vs. Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose

Perfect match ups right there.

I think this would be a great feud. You have 2 guys who are main-eventers and moneymakers, and 4 people who are new and are in that upper-mid-card area.

Better than their usual shitshow mash up of having Orton/Sheamus/Henry/Big Show/Del Rio interchangeably feuding

Anth0ny

so they cater to the smallest demographic

ok

I guess the more important numbers would be "breakdown of people who buy wrestling merchandise"

yeah I know parents buy for their kids but you know what I mean

Penguin

so they cater to the smallest demographic

ok

I guess the more important numbers would be "breakdown of people who buy wrestling merchandise"

yeah I know parents buy for their kids but you know what I mean

But it isn't the "smallest" exactly.

I assume most of those people in the 20% attend these events with their parents or their parents watch because their kids watch.

So a portion of that 80% would also be the 20% in a roundabout way

Ultratech

Trips is THE WARHAMMER to their Shield.

See? There's Survivor Series.

Pretty much.

Now just add 2 more people to each team (to get 5v5) and you're set.

All those new faces in the off-topic wrasslin threads...

I feel like we're missing out by not having our main thread there anymore.

I hear ya.

Then again, OT Community seems to have a lot more topics nowadays.

I mean, I had to go to Page 2 to find the Wrasslin' thread!
(I've been lazy; not using Subscriptions on stuff lately.)

The Shield is available on amazon prime. is it pretty good show?

Since nobody answered you, YES. Absolutely amazing show. Gets better every season and ends with one of the best finales ever. Watch it.

I'll talk about wrestling in here again some day, I swear it. Don't hurt me, guize.

Since nobody answered you, YES. Absolutely amazing show. Gets better every season and ends with one of the best finales ever. Watch it.

I'll talk about wrestling in here again some day, I swear it. Don't hurt me, guize.

Yep. That show is required viewing if you want to see the inspiration for the king of trios, The Shield (hey bootaaay, how ya doing?).

Once you watch it, you'll be able to catch all the subtle references that Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns drop.

It's fine. We need cultured brits like you in here. Lord knows that those crazy texans like Bootaaay and bean breath are always talking about guro and blood and "loser gets beheaded" matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
May be testing the waters with Barrett, mostly since they've run low on heel stuff because each time they have screwed it up booking wise.

Is Ryback going to start doing the spear more too? #whynot

Why not?

1. Goldberg did it.
2. There are two active wrestlers using this as a finisher. Three counting Christian.
3. Goldberg did it.
4. Big Show does it.
5. Goldberg did it.
6. Triple H did it at Extreme Rules (and a Figure Four of course)
7. Goldberg fucking did it.

Top Bottom