• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

That's quite the push-up bra

KVrLB1r.png

Lttp but congrats to Shaun Ricker for winning the championship wrestling from Hollywood 20 man red carpet rumble and became heritage champion. But has a match soon with Scorpio Sky(Harold) & loser leaves the company. Personally I hope Ricker wins but I do want to see him get a tryout on WWE/NXT. He's got great mic skills

strobogo

Banned
What happened to Richie Steamboat? He was feuding with KO and now I'm almost to April of NXT and he hasn't been on a single show all year. Did he get hurt?

tm24

What happened to Richie Steamboat? He was feuding with KO and now I'm almost to April of NXT and he hasn't been on a single show all year. Did he get hurt?

He's had back problems since October. Is supposed to come back anytime now, he keeps getting pushed back

XShagrath

Thursday night come to Evolve! It really should be a good show. It's in Orlando. I'll post the info tomorrow.
I'll be there. Got my tickets on Friday!

AdawgDaFAB said:
Oh and Bayley's new gimmick is so weird. She acts all innocently happy go lucky. She comes out awkwardly smiling.
Yeah, I thought it was really awkward during her intro/beginning of the match last Thursday. Really doesn't make much sense yet, but that's WWE for ya.

Jamie OD

Watching one of the Stone Cold docs...

WWE pitched him three names: Otto von Ruthless. Ice Dagger. Fang McFrost.

:lol :lol that's on some Big McLargehuge shit

Chilly McFreeze is a famous one. They show something similar in Mick Foley's latest DVD. As stupid as the names are, the writers are told to write everything they think of no matter how stupid just so they have a list to go through. Plus you never know what sticks when you throw everything into a wall.

Ithil

Lttp but congrats to Shaun Ricker for winning the championship wrestling from Hollywood 20 man red carpet rumble and became heritage champion. But has a match soon with Scorpio Sky(Harold) & loser leaves the company. Personally I hope Ricker wins but I do want to see him get a tryout on WWE/NXT. He's got great mic skills

Didn't he get signed to a developmental contract for WWE about two weeks ago? I imagine he's finishing up his scheduled dates.

I wanna watch the new Arrested Development season but I'm pretty sure Netflix is IP locked where I'm at :lol

I'll have to wait a week until I'm back in 'Murica :(

I remember the names they suggested Austin when he wanted to stop using "The Ringmaster".

"Ice Dagger"
"Frosty McFreeze"
"Baron Von Ruthless"

lol

Just imagine the epic match ups we could've had with these alternative names.
Ice Dagger vs Mason the Mutilator (that was a Foley one right? I think it's what he would've got had he not quickly came up with Mankind)

Ithil

I remember the names they suggested Austin when he wanted to stop using "The Ringmaster".

"Ice Dagger"
"Frosty McFreeze"
"Baron Von Ruthless"

lol

And it was as a result of him trying to explain to them the new character he wanted to do based on the "Iceman" Richard Kuklinski. They took the "Iceman" part a little too literally.

Striker

To be fair, Mankind is pretty shit too.
It was a good name, and he had that deranged character down pat in '96-97, so did Austin. Austin's best years promo wise, and his best matches have mostly come against Bret, Shawn, and Owen.

There's just not really any good characters anymore. WWE's generic name generator is partly to blame.

Ithil

It was a good name, and he had that deranged character down pat in '96-97, so did Austin. Austin's best years promo wise, and his best matches have mostly come against Bret, Shawn, and Owen.

There's just not really any good characters anymore. WWE's generic name generator is partly to blame.

Damien Sandow is a good character, as is Bray Wyatt. And predictably, they both have heavy gimmicks. Gimmicks are a major part of wrestling, whether WWE like it or not.

Striker

Sandow is one of the very, very few you can probably find. One guy who seems to really embellish his character and improve as he gets more experience on TV.

It would be nice for them to give him, and/or Rhodes also, a decent run at something. Not the mediocre IC or US titles they have now, but just a good, lengthy feud against one of the upper card guys. Sandow was having decent work with Sheamus, but each match had that same, predictable ending and it was always the face coming out on top. Most likely, he'll be one of those random-strong-main-event pushes they always do, then squander it as so.

strobogo

Banned
Besides Damien, almost all the characters are in NXT. And when they get called up, they lose the character. Makes no sense. NXT is ALL ABOUT DAT CHARACTER, son. Everyone has a clear and defined gimmick. That's part of what makes NXT so much better.

XenoRaven

I don't think the WWE is shy about giving debuting wrestlers gimmicks anymore.

We have:
2 dancing gimmicks
A really smart guy
Jobber smasher/undefeated streak
Shield
Millions of dollars
Expensive bicycle guy/evil Sin Cara
Regular Sin Cara

Dug through my imgur and holy shit look what I found
http://i.imgur.com/I2Mrm.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/goB1r.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Memories!

[quote="Professor Beef, post: 59361013"]I give you props for repping jupiter but don't you go dissing mars like that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Spin, Rei bashing ain't cool bro!

Top Bottom