• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
NOBODY!

It's so weird to hear Scott Steiner talk like a normal, educated human. Almost impossible to believe that his on screen persona isn't a character. I always imagine he goes to the grocery and says bizarre rhymes and screams at people.

And it was as a result of him trying to explain to them the new character he wanted to do based on the "Iceman" Richard Kuklinski. They took the "Iceman" part a little too literally.

I can totally imagine Vince looking up who Kuklinski was and being like, "Uh...oh boy...um...clearly Steve must have been referencing the temperature pun! GET ME SOME ICE NAMES, RUSSO"

Night two of the the AIW JT Lightning Invatational Tournament was last night. I was in attendance and it was one hell of a show. Gargano vs Cole is worth buying the dvd alone and will probably be in my top five matches by the end of the year. Other stand out matches included Michael Elgin vs Rickey Shane Page, Ethan Page vs Davey Vega, Jock Samson & Tracy Smothers vs Pierre Abernathy & Evan Gelistico (Smothers is still the man. He had every single person in the building eating out of his hands, the boys included. Probably the most entertaining part of the show.), ACH vs Biff Busick, and the main event.

Quater Finals

Ethan Page def Davey Vega

Josh Alexander def Marion Fontaine

Kimber Lee def Louis Lyndon

Michael Elgin def Rickey Shane Page

BJ Whitmer & Chris Dickinson BOTH get counted out for a double count out to end their match

Johnny Gargano def Adam Cole via submission

Absolution 8 we will have BJ Whitmer vs Chris Dickinson in a no rules match.

Tim Donst def Mickie Knuckles via ref stoppage

After the match Donst challenged Derrick Bateman to match at Absolution 7 live on IPPV

Jock Samson & Tracy Smothers def Pierre Abernathy & Evan Gelistico to give the Submission Squad their first loss in a year

semi finals

Michael Elgin def Josh Alexander( FIRST loss in AIW so far)
- Elgin challenges Alexander to match at Absolution 8

Johnny Gargano def Kimber Lee

AIW Tag Titles: Hope And Change def Jollyville FuckIts to retain

After the match Veronica Tcklfeather challenged Hope and Change for a match at Absolution 7 against The Batiri in a Title vs Career match.

ACH beats Biff Busick. After the match Lyndon comes out, attacks ACH and said the he wasn’t done.

Eric Ryan & Bobby Beverly def Colin Delaney & Matt Cross when Ryan hit Delaney with the AIW title for the pin

JLIT 2013 Winner is Ethan Page after he eliminated both Michael Elgin then Johnny Gargano

JustinBB7

NOBODY!

It's so weird to hear Scott Steiner talk like a normal, educated human. Almost impossible to believe that his on screen persona isn't a character. I always imagine he goes to the grocery and says bizarre rhymes and screams at people.

His math promo in TNA is still the best.

Aiii

So not worth it
I managed to watch the entire new season of AD in less than 12 hours after its release.

Not sure if I should feel proud or really sad about the state of my life that I have an entire sunday to actually manage this.

I managed to watch the entire new season of AD in less than 12 hours after its release.

Not sure if I should feel proud or really sad about the state of my life that I have an entire sunday to actually manage this.

You make it sound like having Sunday off is a bad thing.

krae_man

Sandman, check this one out:

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, LA
315 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130-2424 | 504-324-5400

It was like $1800 and had two queens and a sofabed. It is a couple blocks away from the French Quarter, but easy walking distance to the Superdome.

Kaladin

Sandman, check this one out:

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New Orleans French Quarter, LA
315 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130-2424 | 504-324-5400

It was like $1800 and had two queens and a sofabed. It is a couple blocks away from the French Quarter, but easy walking distance to the Superdome.

That's actually not that bad, Canal St. is a bitch to cross though. Did you see the other suite hotel I posted awhile back? French Quarter Suites I think it was called. They're not booking for those dates yet but it seems to be similar priced.

krae_man

That's actually not that bad, Canal St. is a bitch to cross though. Did you see the other suite hotel I posted awhile back? French Quarter Suites I think it was called. They're not booking for those dates yet but it seems to be similar priced.

That one seems a little far from the superdome. Like a 30 minute walk. I have a 45 minute walk to work every day so I can handle it but it's something to consider.

Kaladin

That one seems a little far from the superdome. Like a 30 minute walk. I have a 45 minute walk to work every day so I can handle it but it's something to consider.

Drury Inn & Suites - New Orleans
820 Poydras St
New Orleans, LA 70112

$1,643.45 total stay. This is where I stayed before in NOLA and it wasn't bad. Very close to the Superdome, and it's kind of right between the dome and the FQ. Might need a cab back to the hotel after a drunken night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need to see this...
tumblr_mndb68kNto1qepc6zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mgvraqGJ0P1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

Kaladin

There was already 8 matches on the card. There was no time.

Edit: Sandman, do you know where the indy stuff is taking place?

No clue yet, for all I know they could book it outside of NOLA. It's best to get a hotel in walking distance to the stadiums though with how much they can charge for parking in the big events like that.

krae_man

Drury Inn & Suites - New Orleans
820 Poydras St
New Orleans, LA 70112

$1,643.45 total stay. This is where I stayed before in NOLA and it wasn't bad. Very close to the Superdome, and it's kind of right between the dome and the FQ. Might need a cab back to the hotel after a drunken night.

That was just one king and a sofa bed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hulk Hogan should be banned from all social media outlets... Nay, all media outlets, for the rest of eternity.

Kaladin

Also found:

Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
346 Baronne St
New Orleans, LA 70112

$1666.10

2 queen suite w/ rollaway bed

Reviews are mixed on Tripadvisor though. 3/5 total.

Kaladin

SuperLuchas.net is reporting that Samuray del Sol has signed a developmental deal with WWE.

This is a done deal folks. That will be awesome for NXT.

I really wish I was going to the Evolve show next Sunday now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87f87_NLRVI

Did they already change Curtis Axel's theme song from what it was on Raw?

Yup, its different than the Raw theme. I still like it but the Perfect portions are a bit later.

Hennig just needs to chill it out, he still yells too much but I overall like where this is going. WWE finally realized that the only way guys like him or Dibiase will ever get legitimate pushes is with managers. They did the same thing with Swagger but he's worthless. Let's see where this goes.

Top Bottom