• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Kyoufu

Big E hears your concerns and promises to wear even smaller singlets to the ring

Also didn't Punk beat Cena clean at the MITB when his contract was going to expire?

Nah. Vince and Johnny Ace caused Cena to lose.

Though that one is the closest he has been to a clean win against Cena I think.

tm24

BUt Punk get distracted by Johnny and Vince when he rolled Cena back up in the ring and that allowed him to get stuck in the STF in the first place

SoulPlaya

more money than God
WWE really doesn't need another big monster heel

Big Show, Mark Henry, Ryback, Big E, Brock
You honestly think that's a good enough reason to deprive us of one more Monster Kane run, before he retires? LOL!

The WWE has multiple monster heels, but they only push one at a time.

Razorskin

----- ------
You honestly think that's a good enough reason to deprive us of one more Monster Kane run, before he retires? LOL!

I know a few good reasons we should be deprived of such.

Kane needed to leach onto Bryan's popularity just to stay relevant.

Not really, Lesnar, Ryback, Big E are starting to get pushes

If they do a face monster run like his feud against Edge and Lita it could work I guess

gurudyne

Lol, so who wants to make a list of the people Cena has beaten clean?

Seems like a waste of time to copy paste the roster.

Remember, Heyman had the Shield beat up Brad Maddox and it was revealed that both of them were paid by Heyman to assist Punk.

Wonder if that's Punk's new feud come summer--his own redemption arc where he proves he can win without Heyman's help. It'll be just like Cena's, except relevant, good, and instead of a year it might last three weeks before it's dropped for no reason so Punk can job to Bo/unretired PoS #582.

If they do a face monster run like his feud against Edge and Lita it could work I guess

Ryback's "monster heel" push involves him walking away from Cena while in the ring, and refusing to be in a tag match followed by faking leaving the building so that someone else can beat Cena up. Quite the monster...

Punk should stay away until after Survivor Series. Then he can set up having to stop a heel Cena from breaking his title reign streak at Wrestlemania. Or....he can come back now and lose dance contests to Great Kahli.

somedevil

Punk should stay away until after Survivor Series. Then he can set up having to stop a heel Cena from breaking his title reign streak at Wrestlemania. Or....he can come back now and lose dance contests to Great Kahli.

lol, Punks the number 2 in the company. He has veto power you know. Besides it seems like he not coming back now till the build of Summerslam. Either that or they took away all those dates to make his comeback a suprise. He might show up at the Payback pay per view. Its in Chicago.

edit: Suprised there are no gifs yet of Davey Richards Stomping Londons face in.

KissVibes

Banned
Punk shouldn't show up at Payback. Tease it, play his theme and have some heel come out instead. But Punk's return should be completely unexpected and start the build of something great.

So I think I'm going to try doing DDP Yoga. It's not an everyday thing is it?

It's 3 days a week. The beginning is the hardest because you have to do the same workout a bunch. I just found myself yelling profanities at Arthur any time DDP mentioned him onscreen and yelling "YOU WANNA HOLD BACK THE HANDS OF TIME" a lot.

Toki767

It's 3 days a week. The beginning is the hardest because you have to do the same workout a bunch. I just found myself yelling profanities at Arthur any time DDP mentioned him onscreen and yelling "YOU WANNA HOLD BACK THE HANDS OF TIME" a lot.

Do I need any accessories or anything to do it? I'd like to do it at home and one of the reasons why I never did P90X is because I didn't have weights and a pull up bar and stuff that they use.

strobogo

Banned
No. A yoga mat is all you need, but you don't have to have it. If you're doing it on carpet you'll be fine, just wear pants to prevent rug burn.

Aiii

So not worth it
UFC fighter and huge pro wrestling fan Chael Sonnen recently made headlines on celebrity-gossip websites, including TMZ, for his recent controversial comments regarding his interest in purchasing World Wrestling Entertainment.

According to the TMZ article, Sonnen is not only not joking about his interest in buying WWE, but the story noted Sonnen has already met with some of his “bigwig friends in the investment world to enact his takeover.”

Additionally, WWE responded to the story. A WWE rep told TMZ, “We are a publicly traded company, so [Chael is] more than welcome to purchase shares of WWE stock and become one of our valued shareholders.”

I hope he ends up buying TNA instead.

Do I need any accessories or anything to do it? I'd like to do it at home and one of the reasons why I never did P90X is because I didn't have weights and a pull up bar and stuff that they use.

They want you to have a heart monitor, but I didn't get one because they cost a lot. I got a yoga mat at 5below for 5$ that's exactly the same as the one Target wants 20$ for.

WWE really doesn't need another big monster heel

Big Show, Mark Henry, Ryback, Big E, Brock

Seriously, Brock comes off as the only legit monster right now. If it weren't for the poor HHH matches and angles and the puzzling Cena loss, he would've been a perfect opponent for Taker to defeat in Mania.

What Brock did to Miz, 3MB, McMahon, etc was insane. I feel like he could take out the Shield with his teleport clothes lines, F5, belly2bellies, etc.

Toki767

They want you to have a heart monitor, but I didn't get one because they cost a lot. I got a yoga mat at 5below for 5$ that's exactly the same as the one Target wants 20$ for.

So I was watching the Diamond Dozen video. Are we just supposed to do each position one time? There's no time on that portion like there is in others.

Mr. Sam

I made this and I'm weirdly proud of it:

i74jdOrRBkIfa.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Lesnar is barely there, and there has been nothing monstrous about Ryback's heel turn, thus far. Big E isn't getting a push either. He's just squashing people for no reason.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I know a few good reasons we should be deprived of such.

Kane needed to leach onto Bryan's popularity just to stay relevant.
I love Bryan, but I have an unfortunate feeling that he would be in an irrelevant midcard title feud or wrestling on Superstars every week, if it weren't for Hell No. He would be in a Miz or Kofi role.

The WWE has too many guys right now. Funny enough, I bet we would have a much better product, if the brand split was in full effect right now.

Pavaloo

Man, no one can uppercut like Kane. *glove clap*
I love Bryan, but I have an unfortunate feeling that he would be in an irrelevant midcard title feud or wrestling on Superstars every week, if it weren't for Hell No. He would be in a Miz or Kofi role.

Ding ding. Probably would kick around the US or IC title scene.

Penultimate day of the 2013 All Japan Champion Carnival here and some important matches heading into the finals. Block A is still wide open, with Shiozaki, Sanada, Kono & Suwama all capable of qualifying, while Block B has KAI, Akiyama, Akebono, Funaki & Doering still in contention. Definitely check out the Suwama vs Omori match and the surprisingly fun Shiozaki vs Hama confrontation.

AJPW, "CHAMPION CARNIVAL - DAY 7", 2013.04.27
Matsushita IMP Hall
900 Fans - Super No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2mfl4

01. Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Hiroshi Yamato vs HUB, SUSHI & Yasufumi Nakanoue
02. Koji Kanemoto, Minoru Tanaka & Takaku Fuke vs BURNING (Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki)
03. Champion Carnival - Block B: Akebono [4] vs KENSO [2]
04. Champion Carnival - Block A: Seiya Sanada [5] vs Masayuki Kono [4]
05. Champion Carnival - Block B: KAI [7] vs Joe Doering [4]
06. Champion Carnival - Block A: Go Shiozaki [6] vs Ryota Hama [2]
07. Champion Carnival - Block A: Suwama [5] vs Takao Omori [2]
08. Champion Carnival - Block B: Jun Akiyama [6] vs Masakatsu Funaki [4]

| Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6 |

*edit, watching the latest AIW show - fans bring the weapons seems to have been a success, so far we've had a duck shaped lawn ornament and swimming pool noodles;

iV8Jm18XwWr3i.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gonna get one of those pop tart 3ds XLs with Animal Crossing and eventually Batmantroidvania, Pokemans, and LTTP 2: Chalk Zone.

I'll blame you all if I just end up playing GTA and AC all the time.

So I think I'm going to try doing DDP Yoga. It's not an everyday thing is it?

I do it 3 or 4 times a week but sometimes its just the Red Hot Core 15 minute one if I don't have much time

I tend to alternate between diamond cutter, strength builder and mix tape with the odd stand up thrown in there to help with my balance

Mix tape is surprisingly quite tough

Got to say I love it though and feel really good for it, I'm a skinny fatass and always will be but my stomach is flatter and arms feel tighter

And in other news Kevin Steen is coming back to PCW in November and I can't wait

Jeeeeezus, so many questionable spots in Josh Alexander vs Ethan Page - crazy match, but complete overkill. Very much enjoyed Whitmer vs Elgin, though.

Ouch;

i1AB2U7xDPMxH.gif

There's a good reason why guys the size of Alexander shouldn't do asai moonsaults to the floor with just one person to catch them;

ivDJVLf0A6VB2.gif

Ethan Page's slingshot cutter looks like it hurt him more than Alexander on this occasion;

icQgDHPg0rucH.gif

Seleziya Sparx gets absolutely wrecked by Page's twisting uranage;

ib1LrryJMr1rME.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Nope. If Shield didn't interfere then Ryback would have gotten the pin or not a pin (due to Punk breaking it).
He would have gotten the pin on Cena.

If the interference only makes it so Dude B pins Cena instead of Dude A pinning Cena, with no damage to Cena in between, that's clean.

Anyway enough of this. Punk has yet to beat Cena clean. Meanwhile it wasn't long ago that Cena beat Punk clean on live television.
Agreed that this is dumb. If anything they should be trading clean wins every few months as the top two guys in the company.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ethan Page's slingshot cutter looks like it hurt him more than Alexander on this occasion;
The new indiewrestling.gif. Completely stupid spot that you know two generic indie guys were going over in the back like it was the new Razor/HBK spot.

The new indiewrestling.gif. Completely stupid spot that you know two generic indie guys were going over in the back like it was the new Razor/HBK spot.

It became idiotic the minute they decided to use more than one guardrail...actually, scratch that, it was just flat-out dumb because Alexander had to stand up on the guardrail to facilitate the spot, which was never going to go well. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss either guy and wouldn't be at all surprised to see one or both of them get a chance in some of the bigger indie promotions within a year. Ethan Page especially, as he has a well developed character and can cut a great promo, while Alexander is just a beast.

strobogo

Banned
Guard rail bumps are always stupid. And if both men take the bump, the guy giving the move almost always looks like he takes a harder bump.

Top Bottom