• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think anyone has anger towards AJ and, if they do, they should probably seek professional help - I've seen people here cynically dismissing her video game fandom as nothing more than a ploy to ingratiate herself to her audience, plus people lamenting the fact that, despite being a pretty good wrestler, that's not the main reason why she's on-screen and, of course, people criticising her for simply doing her best to make the most of her situation, but flat out anger? I'd describe it more as a fickle, cynical sort of distaste that, really, is entirely unwarranted.

This deserves a quote.

-Edit: On the new PAGE!
45279_367785423340930_936326572_n.jpg

strobogo

Banned
There are zero women in WWE who are there for their in ring talent. WWE doesn't have women to have good women's wrestling. Outside of a brief stint in the late 80s and the Alundra Blaze period, they never have. They hire attractive women to do rudimentary wrestling matches to appeal to the mostly male audience and give younger girls something to buy. That's how it is and how it always has been. If one of those women have talent in the ring, that's just a bonus for them.

I don't think it is fair to take that out on the women, which most online fans seem to do. They basically serve the same function as cheerleaders and ring girls, but get to do a little more. I guess I just don't understand why so many online fans blame the women, when these women are just doing what they are hired to do.

Striker

Only one who is there for wrestling/name value is Natalya, but they use her for fart jokes and seducing two joke characters.

Agreed that this is dumb. If anything they should be trading clean wins every few months as the top two guys in the company.
So they sorta become Cena-Orton II? Pass.

Thing with Punk is, it's probably better for him to take off as much as he can. Reenergize himself and get healthier, and do some things he's wanted to do but hasn't had the chance due to the traveling in wrestling. Why force him back if there's no one to really put him against? Off the top of my head, only two guys, Bork and Ziggler, would be ideal partners for him. Bringing him back to face Cena, Ryback, or Bryan would be a waste since we've seen that a dozen times before.

Ithil

There are zero women in WWE who are there for their in ring talent. WWE doesn't have women to have good women's wrestling. Outside of a brief stint in the late 80s and the Alundra Blaze period, they never have. They hire attractive women to do rudimentary wrestling matches to appeal to the mostly male audience and give younger girls something to buy. That's how it is and how it always has been. If one of those women have talent in the ring, that's just a bonus for them.

I don't think it is fair to take that out on the women, which most online fans seem to do. They basically serve the same function as cheerleaders and ring girls, but get to do a little more. I guess I just don't understand why so many online fans blame the women, when these women are just doing what they are hired to do.

Sara Del Rey?

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, I think this is the best the divas division has been in ages quality wise. I'm sure Del Rey has something to do with that.

Not counting the Bella's though, they should be valets only.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is WWE in a better place to fans compared to where they were, say, 2 years ago?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If it's exactly two years ago, absolutely, if two years ago in general (given 2011 had the you know what), eh.

In general.

I think it's overwhelmingly better now. Ironic, because I don't watch the product anymore :p

Ithil

In general, then overall it's better, but still a mess. The roster is great (while it was thin as hell in 2011), but totally misused save say the Shield, NXT is great, but it's a tiny part of WWE's programming every week, the 3 hours can lead to longer, better matches, but also to terrible filler and shilling. And of course, not a single thing has changed at the top of the roster, Cena's still there, still the same.

But I can see a much improved product on the horizon, I'm just hoping its coming sooner rather than later.

Aiii

So not worth it
The direction of the company has changed significantly since 2011. First off, HHH created NXT, which gives great hope for the future, given the talent they have there. Then there's the obvious pushes of certain people, Punk of course, but also guys like The Shield, Ziggler and Bryan (amongst many others), who really make the product worthwhile.

The only thing you can call worse than 2011 is three hour Raw's, in addition to an hour of Main Event, it's just too much exposure. Other than that the company has definitely got some very good things going on compared to 2009-2011 WWE.

strobogo

Banned

All of those OVW guys got shafted with shitty gimmicks after spending years down there. Rico got brought up as an evil gay stylist which eventually morphed into a face Adrian Street. Nick Dinsmore got brought up as a retarded fellow. Both Bashams got brought in as brothers who are into bondage, then had a forgetful run in JBL's cabinet before being let go. Rob Conway (probably the best out of all of those guys) came in as the French sympathizer and then as a wrestling Randy Newman. Yet Cena, Brock, Batista, Orton, Shelton all came in well after them and got big pushes with more or less no gimmicks.

I've seen all of them on NXT as just wrestlers. Conway was pretty boss.

Also, WWE is in a better spot than 2011, but not necessarily putting on better shows. They have a lot more than just Cena floating around towards the top, but still have a ton of garbage surrounding them.

Watching PWG's All Star Weekend 9, first match in and it's already awesome with a real fun Paul London vs Kevin Steen encounter. Paul's ridiculously good, it makes me sad that he's not on TV.

Ziggler-esque;

ibt9GvX069viRY.gif

BAH GAWD! Mid-air dropsault!

iIs0pibstpZBn.gif

Shooting Star Shadows Over Hell;

i7O04pS8bM3Nk.gif

jmdajr

Maryse has fake boobs, an average white girl ass, straight hips, and bleached blond hair. She's hot because she tries to be sexy and it works. Without her personality, she'd be any generic blond model type.

Maryse's body is not SUPER amazing true, but the women knows how to carry herself.
I think she's one of the hottest divas they've ever had. Making dat sex appeal work.

jmdajr

Listening to Sport talk radio this morning.

Pretty random, but they said the WWE was interested in and contacting............

TIM TEBOW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to Sport talk radio this morning.

Pretty random, but they said the WWE was interested in and contacting............

TIM TEBOW

Sounds about right because he was popular about 2 years ago.

jmdajr

Sounds about right because he was popular about 2 years ago.

He still could be if he wasn't warming the bend. I'm sure he still has his followers, but Tebowmania has died down sure.

Not totally related, but I can't remember how big Mike Tyson was when he came to the WWE.
I'm pretty sure it was after jail time no?

Watching PWG's All Star Weekend 9, first match in and it's already awesome with a real fun Paul London vs Kevin Steen encounter. Paul's ridiculously good, it makes me sad that he's not on TV.

London looks a lot more cut as well. Dood got in shape.

I've seen all the matches up to Trent? vs Strong. That tag match between Inner City and AR Fox/Del Sol was insane! PWG really is the best fed in the world right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big E has been a great dude to follow on Twitter. Doesn't overuse it, always tweets gold.

To be fair, I think this is the best the divas division has been in ages quality wise. I'm sure Del Rey has something to do with that.

Not counting the Bella's though, they should be valets only.

Really? Cause I'd say the Divas division was worlds better just a couple of years ago, when you had Beth Phoenix there, the Divas of Doom together, the hope that Kharma would be coming back soon after giving birth :)() and Sofia Cortez and Raquel Diaz down in FCW.

Nowadays, the best wrestler they've got is stuck in a training job and the second best is in a shitty comedy role with Khali.

People in this thread that admit to not watching WWE should be banned just like people that say they use adblock.

Fine, but only if we can ban people who do nothing but complain about WWE without ever checking out any alternatives.

FallingEdge said:
I've seen all the matches up to Trent? vs Strong. That tag match between Inner City and AR Fox/Del Sol was insane! PWG really is the best fed in the world right now.

I haven't got to that match yet, but I heard great things about it. PWG's definitely my favourite US company at the moment.

Why Raw is not worth 3 hours.

ills tick to watching NXT thank you very much. too much awesome out there. Maybe when punk comes back it will e better.

I'm going to Raw tonight with my daughter. I'm looking forward to having a good time watching her enjoying herself. If the show isn't complete garbage that would be nice as well. I hear Brock is supposed to be there, so that's something I guess

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey I used to watch WWE. I just simply don't have the time to keep up with it. I'll stick to NJPW's iPPVs. PWG is too ghetto for me :p

I watch Raw on Youtube like the day after the show and skip through all the bullshit. So I basically only watch like 30 minutes to an hour each week. I watch more of Impact and that's only a 2 hour show.

I watch Raw on Youtube like the day after the show and skip through all the bullshit. So I basically only watch like 30 minutes to an hour each week. I watch more of Impact and that's only a 2 hour show.

i did that before Mania and now i'm completely disconnected from the wrestling world. i skim the thread (for the godlike matches Bootaay often shares) and that's pretty much it.

Top Bottom