• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

El-Suave

Fandango merch increasing - foam finger (double package):
W05314.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The FGC already has a Cena-equivalent, and it contains things I actually enjoy. Wrestling - and the IWC - have helped to kill my enjoyment of wrestling as a whole.

Yeah marvel's real fun *eyeroll*

It's a code word for people sexually harassing female fighting game fans

not really, but there's some really disgusting shit I've distanced myself from in the past like, 5 years

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 5/6/13

8pm: 3.97
9pm: 3.87
10pm: 3.91

Avg: 3.92

Basically wrestling isn't as popular as playoff basketball which dominated the monday cable ratings. Lowest amount since the 12/31/12 show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still more fun than workrate discussions and indy bullshit.

real talk fighting games are saturated as hell and that's why they're turning into shit now. people need to focus. and stop being poor.

Let me elaborate for all maybe 1 of you who give a shit:

All these HD rereleases and just general rereleases of fighting games has been particularly brutal on new people. We saw a huge influx of new dudes when SF4 came out because that was IT, a big figurehead game and there weren't a ton of alternatives for people to play online (CvS2 on OG Xbox is another story :p ) - so when I say to myself "hey, I loved Darkstalkers. Maybe I should play the HD release online a bit!" I don't get to have fun - you get to get absolutely abused to a level you're not used to in more mainstream games, because the majority of the people left that bothered spending too much money on Darkstalkers and Jojo etc (both games I love, but not with others) are the only fuckers out there playing it. There's no middle ground.

So that's one reason why I'm out of fighting games except for VF. VF feels honest.

The other reason is because the community is generally despicable and doing shit I don't agree with. I'm not interested in that. I want to SHAKE HANDS?!?! I SAID SMALL!

XenoRaven

The FGC already has a Cena-equivalent, and it contains things I actually enjoy. Wrestling - and the IWC - have helped to kill my enjoyment of wrestling as a whole.
And so you've pledged allegiance to the IWC's greatest nemesis.
Yeah marvel's real fun *eyeroll*

It's a code word for people sexually harassing female fighting game fans

not really, but there's some really disgusting shit I've distanced myself from in the past like, 5 years
I've always felt the hate the FGC gets is similar to how some people think all wrestling fans are redneck mouth-breathers. Yeah there are a lot of them, but I don't think they represent wrestling fans as a whole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've always felt the hate the FGC gets is similar to how some people think all wrestling fans are redneck mouth-breathers. Yeah there are a lot of them, but I don't think they represent wrestling fans as a whole.

Lemme put it like this though.

All wrestling fans aren't redneck mouthbreathers. But all redneck mouthbreathers are wrestling fans.

Fandango merch increasing - foam finger (double package):
W05314.jpg

I stopped by the merch stand last night after the show to see about buying my daughter something, but they were insanely picked over. One thing they did have a ton of (and were actively trying to get people to buy) was the new Fandango shirt. WWE is completely overestimating Fandango's appeal right now

Mario Party has some pretty intense fighting game elements to it, like the bumper cars mini game or the one where you push each other into the lava but I wouldn't call it a "pure" fighter like Smash Bros or WWE '13.

rofl well said sir.

Marvel is a terrible game as is AE.

AH3, TTT2, VF, and KoF are the only fighters that are actually worth playing from a gameplay perspective. The rest are boring filler.
Get that indy wrestling fighter stuff away! ECH.

I really like KoF and I don't mind VF at all.
ChrisG is trying to save the FGC.

And yeah, it's much easier to generalize instead of actually constructing an argument. Like this one I found on the internet, for example:
Lemme put it like this though.

All wrestling fans aren't redneck mouthbreathers. But all redneck mouthbreathers are wrestling fans.

jmdajr

The actual indie wrestling style can be super off putting if you've been a life long WWE only kind of person. I was initially drawn to it, but started to hate it because shows would be so exhausting. That and the Young Bucks contributed to me bailing out on PWG. Most indie shows still have a "top this" mentality from the opener to the main event. That's not good for pacing. There are no breathers in indie wrestling. There need to be. You can have every match go 110% with strike battles and crazy bumps all night.

But Five Star matches dude.

I don't play fighters anymore, but I was big into them competitively in 2000 and beyond. I tried playing AE and MvC but they just didn't do it for me. Like I said, people are more about being popular and making money (pot splitting) then they are about winning the tourney. I just find it annoying. I remember seeing a vid about Fanatiq (who is a fucking clown) talking about how Ifrit is trash because he doesn't have the more twitter followers than him. GTFO. Him, Triforce, and the rest of that crew is pathetic.

Anth0ny

Marvel is way more hype than wrestling.

But it's sad that it now has it's own John Cena, slowly killing the product.

FGC was best during the Dark Era.

Heel

Marvel is way more hype than wrestling.

But it's sad that it now has it's own John Cena, slowly killing the product.

FGC was best during the Dark Era.

Agreed. Chris G has go away heat. He needs to accept his heel persona and run with it like the Filipino Champ of days past.

strobogo

Banned
Fighting games stopped being interesting to me when I was 12. I'll play a new MK or Marvel vs Capcom, but only a few times and then never again. That genre stopped being fun to me a long time ago. I think Shaolin Monks is the best MK game and wished they had continued with that instead of continuing with a stale genre that hasn't been updated in 20 years. They actually reverted back to that style (although it was definitely for the best, as the last MK was the most enjoyable since the SNES days).

They just don't have a lot of replay value to me. No matter who you are playing as, it is still the same thing over and over. I can't imagine pro players of those games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't play fighters anymore, but I was big into them competitively in 2000 and beyond. I tried playing AE and MvC but they just didn't do it for me. Like I said, people are more about being popular and making money (pot splitting) then they are about winning the tourney. I just find it annoying. I remember seeing a vid about Fanatiq (who is a fucking clown) talking about how Ifrit is trash because he doesn't have the more twitter followers than him. GTFO. Him, Triforce, and the rest of that crew is pathetic.

All I ever see these days are people trying to turn it into a living but it ain't. Desperately trying to market themselves. I guess it works for some, but man, that isn't sustainable.

SFxT was pretty much the signal of death to me when I completely walked away from it all.

Fighting games are shallow. One guy in an arena? Why fight one guy when I can fight 400 in Dynasty Warriors!

Anybody who thinks that Dynasty Warriors games or their derivatives are any good should be checked in a mental institution already. (you're joking so I'm not counting you)

I can't believe that the FotNS game was made in that mold by Koei, fuck this world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody who thinks that Dynasty Warriors games or their derivatives are any good should be checked in a mental institution already. (you're joking so I'm not counting you)

I can't believe that the FotNS game was made in that mold by Koei, fuck this world.

Warriors series is the bomb but its apples and oranges.

Fighting games stopped being interesting to me when I was 12. I'll play a new MK or Marvel vs Capcom, but only a few times and then never again. That genre stopped being fun to me a long time ago. I think Shaolin Monks is the best MK game and wished they had continued with that instead of continuing with a stale genre that hasn't been updated in 20 years. They actually reverted back to that style (although it was definitely for the best, as the last MK was the most enjoyable since the SNES days).

They just don't have a lot of replay value to me. No matter who you are playing as, it is still the same thing over and over. I can't imagine pro players of those games.

the problem is you played MK.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That Kamen Rider musou game is cool cuz everybody thought it was going to be something else when it was teased and they didn't get what they wanted LOL. I'd totally import if I could understand what they're saying

It is more about the competition than anything. I never understood that argument of fighters being "stale". Can't the same be said for shooters? RPGs? Sports games? In any case, if playing single player or alone, then yeah, I understand. But in an environment where you are trying to win? It is a blast.

I'll be at Evo this year to play VF and ST. Not good at them but I still enjoy my time with the games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower got that Protein Rage on. Rolling his eyes at Marvel.

Don't bring up my protein in here! Not in here!

Where the FUCK is our Chess OT, I want a game with some fuckin brains behind it

i love fighters. I will also be at evo! Its foing to be a busy summer for me

FE/TM24 MEETUP THREAD

You'd better swap some PWG tapes or something

strobogo

Banned
It is more about the competition than anything. I never understood that argument of fighters being "stale". Can't the same be said for shooters? RPGs? Sports games? In any case, if playing single player or alone, then yeah, I understand. But in an environment where you are trying to win? It is a blast.

I'll be at Evo this year to play VF and ST. Not good at them but I still enjoy my time with the games.

I play everything in single player, for I am forever alone. I'm not drawn to multiplayer, especially online, at all. I don't like how many games treat the single player mode as an after thought nowadays.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hungry Hungry Hippos now there's a smart person's game.

Picking your Hippos color is one of the most integral parts of the game btw

Top Bottom