• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

bangai-o

Banned
Smackdown is going to be awesome this week!!!

In a taped segment, Mark Henry pulls a semi truck. They say its a world record. Never mind. Henry pulling one tractor trailer was a warm up. Now he's pulling TWO! This is the world record. Henry struggles then goes BEAST MODE and pulls both. He collapses. Coughs a lot. Nearly throws up. But then yells "THAT'S WHAT I DO!"

i actually caught myself at work saying "Thats WHAT I DO!" except mine sounded goofy.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Fake lips and fake breasts will always disgust me more than scared faces when it comes to disfigurements done for wrestling. Natural and healthy, that's the way things should look.

What doesn't disgust me? Good backflip manoeuvres.
uKXUBTZ.gif

Also a hell of a sell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G3-9brNm4gM#t=175s

Main Event Spoilers"

Randy Orton defeated Cesaro

This sucks because couldn't he win by interference? Its hard for him to get a win when he against someone who has a pay per view match.

What was the point of his angle on RAW if he immediately loses after it to somebody who won't benefit from it? On the other hand if Cesaro beat Orton what he said on Monday would actually start to make sense (namely he gets to win against someone who wins every week) and it wouldn't hurt Orton at all. The booking is fucking idiotic, either don't have him cut a promo saying nobody's worthy of challenging him out of the blue or actually go through with the angle and let some new talent benefit from getting the win over him at the end.

Aiii

So not worth it
What was the point of his angle on RAW if he immediately loses after it to somebody who won't benefit from it? On the other hand if Cesaro beat Orton what he said on Monday would actually start to make sense (namely he gets to win against someone who wins every week) and it wouldn't hurt Orton at all. The booking is fucking idiotic, either don't have him cut a promo saying nobody's worthy of challenging him out of the blue or actually go through with the angle and let some new talent benefit from getting the win over him at the end.

Main Event, Smackdown, Saturday Morning Slam and of course NXT are not canon. If it doesn't happen on Raw or PPV it doesn't matter.

Not sure if posted, but the Raw rating was a 2.9, the lowest since the Monday Night football season ended. I imagine it gets worse the further we go into the NBA playoffs

jmdajr

Damn, I don't know how I slept but my neck is all jacked up. This ever happen to anyone?
It's definitely occured to be more than once. Headbanging at concerts all those years probably didn't help though!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I don't know how I slept but my neck is all jacked up. This ever happen to anyone?
It's definitely occured to be more than once. Headbanging at concerts all those years probably didn't help though!

Happens to me if I look to the right or left while doing overhead press. I keep my shit focused now though, two days of neck pain ain't worth mirin someone else.

jmdajr

Happens to me if I look to the right or left while doing overhead press. I keep my shit focused now though, two days of neck pain ain't worth mirin someone else.

At first I was like, fuck... do I have fucking menigitis.. it's been two days.
No other symptoms though, and it just hurts on one side.

Giard

I wake up with a stiff neck about once a year... my mom used to say it was because I slept with the windows opened.

I don't post a lot
never
in here, but I've started watching WWE since last year. Got to see Jerry's heart attack live in Montreal too. I just got a big tax return, so I was wondering what were the best wrestling DVDs to get? I've noticed that a lot of them are pretty cheap, like 7 bucks. There's even the World Heavyweight Championship history for 5 bucks.

Anyways, what are some good cheap wrestling DVDs? Preferably some with matches, not just a long documentary. It doesn't need to be from WWE either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wake up with a stiff neck about once a year... my mom used to say it was because I slept with the windows opened.

I don't post a lot
never
in here, but I've started watching WWE since last year. Got to see Jerry's heart attack live in Montreal too. I just got a big tax return, so I was wondering what were the best wrestling DVDs to get? I've noticed that a lot of them are pretty cheap, like 7 bucks. There's even the World Heavyweight Championship history for 5 bucks.

Anyways, what are some good cheap wrestling DVDs? Preferably some with matches, not just a long documentary. It doesn't need to be from WWE either.

Honestly, if you just wanna watch matches, get Netflix if you're in US/UK. There's a ton of WWE content on there.

If not, yeah, those big collections that are full of matches aren't a waste of money if you pick the non-documentary character specific ones. Usually the disc versions have tons of matches on a second or third disc. Batista's "I Walk Alone" DVD (in its appropriate shrine) has a ton of his early stuff, about 5 hours of matches or somesuch. Good shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is this the first person to enter WrassleGAF that hasn't been watching for years?

Should we ask him what he thinks of Cena?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish this was a black shirt with white outlined silhouette. I hope WWE makes a new shirt for them soon.

Now all they need is a plot that makes sense, because they don't have one in WWE

Mengetsu

Now all they need is a plot that makes sense, because they don't have one in WWE

I just see them acting like bullies in a school yard messing with the "popular" guys to make themselves feel better because they hate where they are at. Imagination is fun right? -__-

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just see them acting like bullies in a school yard messing with the "popular" guys to make themselves feel better because they hate where they are at. Imagination is fun right? -__-

They're pretty much lost without a clear motive. For the first six months you could get by on just saying "injustice" yeah that's what they're doing - but now people need something a little more concrete, or they'll lose steam.

Mengetsu

They're pretty much lost without a clear motive. For the first six months you could get by on just saying "injustice" yeah that's what they're doing - but now people need something a little more concrete, or they'll lose steam.

Yea I'm getting bummed out about it as well but, at least they're kept looking good so far and that is a miracle in it self.

You know who needs merch? AJ!

WHERE IS MY PINK PLAID T-SHIRT DAMNIT!

Who need's shirts? AJ don't like them!

Giard

Honestly, if you just wanna watch matches, get Netflix if you're in US/UK. There's a ton of WWE content on there.

If not, yeah, those big collections that are full of matches aren't a waste of money if you pick the non-documentary character specific ones. Usually the disc versions have tons of matches on a second or third disc. Batista's "I Walk Alone" DVD (in its appropriate shrine) has a ton of his early stuff, about 5 hours of matches or somesuch. Good shit.

I'm in Canada, so Netflix is not an option.
Thanks for the DVD suggestion, but I guess I was asking whose DVD I should buy. I don't really know who was good and impressive to watch. I thought about the Macho Man DVD, keep hearing good stuff about him, but I've never seen one of his matches. Do you get the context for the matches as well?

Is this the first person to enter WrassleGAF that hasn't been watching for years?

Should we ask him what he thinks of Cena?

I don't like him. I don't think he's popular with the kids because of his personality, I think he's popular because he's seen as being unbeatable, like a superhero. Ladies like him because he's...hot, I guess? I don't get it, neither does the girlfriend.

He's sometimes good with the mic, but most of the time he makes me cringe. He's not impressive in the ring IMO. I like the fact that he seems like a nice dude overall. I kinda feel bad for him that he's being booed so often. We had a hockey player here who was booed constantly, even if he wasn't that bad. A couple of years later, when he retired, he was asked how he felt about those boos, and he started crying. Seeing a grown man crying is not fun. I hope Cena isn't too concerned about the boos. He plays around with the people booing, so I guess not.

There, my top 5 because you all seem to do it:

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Antonio Cesaro
3. CM Punk
4. Dolph Ziggler
5. Dean Ambrose

Ithil

Well it looks like they're going to start amassing titles soon, so there's a clearer goal. It always seemed to be that after they finished their story with Punk/Ryback, they were more about just climbing the ladder of WWE and taking out anyone in the way, which is a simple goal, but better done through stories than AS the story.

You know who needs merch? AJ!

WHERE IS MY PINK PLAID T-SHIRT DAMNIT!

You know who needs merch? People who aren't Cena. All everyone else gets is 1-2 t-shirts per year, nothing really tailored to them.
I mean, no CM Punk hoodies, the thing he actually wears? No replicas of entrance attire like Bryan's jackets, Cody's coat, ADR scarf?

Kaladin

I was saying this months ago.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was saying this months ago.

They got a stay of execution by not being buried at Mania. I was so convinced that'd be it (and I also predicted Punk jobbing to Tensai by June) so uh...yknow.

are the Shield still doing the random run-ins?

holy shit, it's been what, at least 5 months.

they need a plot? here's one: they were hired by HHH to create chaos, so that the unproven COO can return triumphantly and destroy them, thus uniting the roster around him, gaining unprecedent power within the company.

slow burn for a few months, someone discovers this and blows it up, HHH turns heel. some stay with him, others turn on him and another chunk tries to remain neutral and there you go, a storyline that lasts you a good 2 years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
are the Shield still doing the random run-ins?

holy shit, it's been what, at least 5 months.

they need a plot? here's one: they were hired by HHH to create chaos, so that the unproven COO can return triumphantly and destroy them, thus uniting the roster around him, gaining unprecedent power within the company.

slow burn for a few months, someone discovers this and blows it up, HHH turns heel. some stay with him, others turn on him and another chunk tries to remain neutral and there you go, a storyline that lasts you a good 2 years.

Executive meddling time:

WELL LAMBDA HOW CAN WE INCORPORATE A FEUD FOR THREE MONTHS WITH SWEET T AND BRODUS CLAY AS WELL?

Ithil

The only one they're pretty random in now is them showing up in Ryback/Cena a lot, when they don't really give a shit about either now. They've got an ongoing feud with Hell No, that is going to have a payoff with a Tag Title match, but they really have no reason to be in Ryback/Cena other than that the story is too weak to carry itself with just Ryback and Cena alone.

Kaladin

They got a stay of execution by not being buried at Mania. I was so convinced that'd be it (and I also predicted Punk jobbing to Tensai by June) so uh...yknow.

Yeah, they won at Mania, but what did they do with it? They just moved on to other random BabyFace super trios. The team they beat at Mania got more storyline development out of it than they did.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Current situation of The Shield is basically the same as Nexus when you had Barrett saying 'It's all part of a bigger picture' which ended up in them getting buried and disbanded.

It's weird when you think about Shield because they've had a lot more success than Nexus ever did but because they've never really been the focal point it still feels like something is missing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Current situation of The Shield is basically the same as Nexus when you had Barrett saying 'It's all part of a bigger picture' which ended up in them getting buried and disbanded.

It's weird when you think about Shield because they've had a lot more success than Nexus ever did but because they've never really been the focal point it still feels like something is missing.

It's weird to say this because wins and losses shouldn't matter, but

I think it's because they haven't really been losing when it matters, unlike Nexus.

Aiii

So not worth it
They're being build up so they can be destroyed by Cena once he's done destroying Ryback. Come on people, you know how this works, nobody does anything for years until they get that burial by Cena and then it's lower midcard forever.

I like the new guy btw, he has good sense for a newcomer.

jred2k

This thread's obsession with Cena has finally become a problem for me. The other day I was singing something and halfway through I realized it was the chorus to his "Bad Man" song. I doubt John Cena even remembers the words to that song, so I have no idea why I remember them.

Kaladin

This thread's obsession with Cena has finally become a problem for me. The other day I was singing something and halfway through I realized it was the chorus to his "Bad Man" song. I doubt John Cena even remembers the words to that song, so I have no idea why I remember them.

Don't pass this off on us, that's all you....I doubt anyone else here remembers that song without Googling.

Ithil

There's a much clearer look at the belt displayed at WM Axxess. Assuming they keep this belt, it's most definitely not the Divas's belt, but the Women's.

iN3jkn3nia88V.jpg

The WWE's CM Punk documentary 'Best in the World' is worth picking up. It features a bunch of Punk's best WWE matches and the documentary's pretty great, too.

Outside of WWE, if you're at all interested in seeing where the likes of CM Punk, Daniel Bryan & Seth Rollins got their major break in wrestling, I'd recommend checking out some of the excellent compilation sets from Ring of Honor;

Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson: The American Dragon - http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/bryan-danielson-american-dragon-2-disc-set

CM Punk: The Summer of Punk - http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/summer-punk-2-disc-set

Seth Rollins/Tyler Black: God's Last Gift - http://www.rohwrestling.com/product/tyler-black-gods-last-gift-2-disc-set

Also, I'll add a few links for some recent non-WWE shows well worth checking out;

ROH - 05/04/13 - Supercard of Honor VII
AAW - 04/12/13 - Point of No Return
CHIKARA - 04/06/13 - The Shoulder of Pallas
AIW - 03/29/13 - Gauntlet for the Gold 8
PWG - 03/22-23/13 - All Star Weekend: Night One & Night Two

Finally, Highspots & SmartMarkVideo both offer cheap MP4 downloads of new and classic shows, if you don't mind not having a physical copy;

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/digital & http://www.highspots.com/c/Video-Downloads.html

Plus, http://new.ivpvideos2.com & http://rudoreels.com are both great sites to get VERY cheap Japanese & Mexican wrestling on DVD or as .iso downloads.

*edit, almost forgot - here's some channels worth following for free Japanese wrestling;

http://www.dailymotion.com/SenorLARIATO
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/Jahmale_Hepburn
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingsRoadJapan
http://www.youtube.com/user/ProWrestlingAARK
http://www.youtube.com/user/BiggestJapan
http://www.youtube.com/user/PuroresuMatches
http://www.youtube.com/user/Emproer

Top Bottom