• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
You probably have a more unified culture than the UK!

North v South
England v Scotland v Ireland v Wales
Chavs/Charvers/Townies v Normal Peoples.

Then there's the whole tribalism based around Football/Soccer teams.

We still kind of have North vs South, and East vs West, and everyone vs Florida. Actually, I'd say most of the country is kind of against the South.

As someone who has relatives in both Sweden and Norway, and has been there often, he's fucking lying. Americans work hard. Very hard.

It's generational and regional for sure. People around my age (mid 20s) are lazy as fuuuuuck, but Mid Western farm people (and real Mid West, like Iowa/Idaho/Missouri/Oklahoma, not Indiana/Illinois/Ohio) work about as hard as anyone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who has relatives in both Sweden and Norway, and has been there often, he's fucking lying. Americans work hard. Very hard.

We simply don't take days off. We live for money and work.

I learned about The American Civil War by playing Gettysburg on the PC 15 years ago.

Better than the public school education in Oklahoma I got. "The South was right? I...okay. Slaves were happy? Okay..."

It didn't help that my US History teacher was older than dirt and actually had a Mammy. Oy vey.

I have to admit the American Work Rate amazed me when I was over there for a while. Granted it was mainly due to most people simply being too scared/broke to go to hospital to take a day off, but still...

Better than the public school education in Oklahoma I got. "The South was right? I...okay. Slaves were happy? Okay..."

It didn't help that my US History teacher was older than dirt and actually had a Mammy. Oy vey.

That amazed me that there was no centralised Education program. Every state has it's own Education 'Person', it was even scarier that most of the Education seemed to be very privatised.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have to admit the American Work Rate amazed me when I was over there for a while. Granted it was mainly due to most people simply being too scared/broke to go to hospital to take a day off, but still...

This is why we don't call in and people get sick all the time. We have a horrible minimum wage accepted practice of forcing you to work while sick, because you are expendable.

strobogo

Banned
The cult of work here is straight up ridiculous, but just because people never take off work (since it makes you THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD to miss one day anywhere, even if you're shitting and puking your brains out), but that doesn't mean people here work super hard while they are there.

Oh man. I'd subscribe. I always wanted to go on Knightmare.

"TAKE 2 STEPS FORWARD"
"OK, Ninja flip past the spider. NINJA FLIP! NINJA! FLIP! NIN! JA! FLIP! ... OK, you're dead."

Same here, but I knew my friends would let me down, or vice versa. Knightmare was fucking difficult.

I would have loved to go on Fun House, too (warning: Pat Sharp's mullet);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9hd0wvfIB4

Or Gamesmaster! I wrote to him a bunch of times, but he never gave me any cheats for Battletoads :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXFxhGv-7zc

I was thinking the other today the time is right for a show like Gamesmaster to return. E-Sports and Streaming Services are through the roof at the moment.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Now. Tell me how you really feel Plywood.

Did you know?
Emilia Clarke is the same size as AJ Lee?
You're just trying to be sly when you've already posted AJ pics before, there's no need to try and slip it in under the guise of "cool." Just post it as you have been, stop being weird.

Also just think if AJ had auditioned and had been cast as a handmaiden or as Missandei, she could've been lezzin' out with Emilia.

Also unrelated Emilia should squat a little.

Kaladin

I just had a job interview. I think it went well....will find out in a couple of weeks. I really want this job because the pay is nice and I love northern Tennessee.

You thought a picture of AJ was pretty cool? Get out. Shamu isn't cool either, fella.
These are the eyes of a trained killer. She will fuck your shit up.

shamu1.jpg

XenoRaven

I was thinking the other day that if I ever had a Wrestlemania match against Sheamus I would want to come out to Blood and Thunder by Mastodon.

Kaladin

"He's gonna- he's gonna puke! He's gonna puke! He's gonna puke!"

Job interviews aren't much pressure to me for some reason. I just go in, answer their questions to the best of my ability and hope for the best ( because you certainly won't get a positive or negative reaction out of the interviewer, most of the time at least). It is the waiting after that is the worst.

strobogo

Banned
I hate job interviews. They're gross. I also hate working. Because I'm an American and it is my right to be a lazy bum. My colors don't run, but they are pretty faded.

Kaladin

I hate job interviews. They're gross. I also hate working. Because I'm an American and it is my right to be a lazy bum. My colors don't run, but they are pretty faded.

'Merica

But yeah, the job interview process stinks, especially when you're going to make a major life change like moving if you get the job.

jmdajr

It ain't perfect, but I'm living comfortably. I have nothing of significance to complain about.

Except for King of King haters. "What's up with that?"

edit: God damn I just spilled Greek Yogurt on my keyboard. Thanks Obama!

It ain't perfect, but I'm living comfortably. I have nothing of significance to complain about.

Except for King of King haters. "What's up with that?"

edit: God damn I just spilled Greek Yogurt on my keyboard. Thanks Obama!

LOL.

Yo mix that greek yogurt with protein powder. It is amazing.

somedevil

World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler suffered a concussion at Tuesday night’s SmackDown taping at N.C. State when he interfered in Big E Langston's bout with Jack Swagger. According to WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson, Ziggler was injured during the early part of the fracas after a blow to the face. A post-match examination by WWE medical staff confirmed the injury.

“He [was] having some memory difficulties and a bit of a headache … he definitely has a concussion,” said Sampson. “We’re checking him out, and going to be doing neuropsychological testing and just keep it monitored.”

Though clinically Ziggler’s concussion was confirmed, the tests – which should yield results within the next couple of days – will provide WWE medical officials with a “baseline” from which to monitor The Showoff’s clinical and neuropsychological progress as time passes.

Seems legit and understanble after the damage he took monday and tuesday put him over the edge. I hope he is ready for the pay per view which is unfortanely a ladders match. He has 11 days to pass the test and it Sin Cara took forever to get through his recent one.

Edit: Beaten, dammit somedevil. LOL

Going into a ladder match where he will no doubt take some insane bump after having just suffered a concussion is a bad idea. Also, Swagger works insanely stiff and is going to kill someone with that ladder.

gurudyne

Edit: Beaten, dammit somedevil. LOL

Going into a ladder match where he will no doubt take some insane bump after having just suffered a concussion is a bad idea. Also, Swagger works insanely stiff and is going to kill someone with that ladder.

Weed the people, now a concussion. Swagger's going to depush himself into jobbing for Ryder at this rate.

UberTag

Watch Ziggles get stripped of the title less than a month after winning it after toting around that briefcase for almost an entire year.

We'll get some lame Swagger-Del Rio match in its place and another ADR title reign.

If he was Cena they would just come up with some excuse to keep the belt on him until he recovers... but he's not.

somedevil

Weed the people, now a concussion. Swagger's going to depush himself into jobbing for Ryder at this rate.

Not sure it was swagger who did it. On Raw Del Rio fell on his head and then Swagger destroyed him with the ladder. This basically set him up on tuesday where that blow to his face caused the concussion. Supposedly Del Rio came out with a ladder on tueday during that match. So I blame both of them for giving him the concussion.

edit: Example one on Raw where Del Rio landed his foot on his head

iPC2ibRVoxVAD.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
They haven't stripped anyone off of the title for ages, not on minor injuries really.

Watch them replace him with Big E or something instead, should he really not be able to work a match. If they give him a protected role in the match, leaving the big bumps to Del Rio amd Swagger, he should be fine.

Ziggler finally got his shot, he's like Punk now, he'll tough out for as long as he's got his ball.

Top Bottom