• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hey guys remember Eve? She was really good when she left, she should come back.
Hell yeah, I do!

Big_02.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Triple H would never leave people alone. Why should WrassleGAF? We should follow the example set forth by our role model Hunter Hearst Helmsley.
Times like these I just think what SoulPlaya would say, he'd probably say be more like Kane, be more like GGG.

edit: Oh hi SoulPlaya.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Times like these I just think what SoulPlaya would say, he'd probably say be more like Kane, be more like GGG.

edit: Oh hi SoulPlaya.
Hey, hey, Ply.

Hell yeah, be more like GGG. Committed family man, college educated, beloved by his coworkers and family.

alstein

I forget X-Pac exists until someone either references his time with Kane or he has a horrible anus related injury and all the podcasts talk about it.

I hate X-Pac.

X-Pac was awesome pre-DX. Look up some of his old Lightning Kid stuff from Global.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rick Rude's ass is tight and firm, don't you forget it. It's not a slab of disgusting, unsculpted meat like Cena's. That disgusting sweathog.
tumblr_mkp739KhWK1qhr8kmo5_250.gif

now the ladies will start coming in

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
X-Pac was awesome pre-DX. Look up some of his old Lightning Kid stuff from Global.

I did, and he was okay. He had a good style, he had talent, but he was never a guy I wanted to watch and he just got worse and worse with age. Combined with his own behaviour outside of the ring, his attitude on life, and just awful matches every time I tried to give him another chance in WWF, TNA, WSX, AAA, and Chikara, I just can't stand the guy.

Sean Waltman isn't the worst wrestler, he isn't horrible in the ring doing matches or on the microphone, but the the entire package that makes up his entire existence in wrestling to me is just awful no matter how I look at him.

if white people have no butt, then how does it explain John Cena?

Implants. He saw how effective they were for Eve's career.

i never even seen Rude wrestle. is he any good?

He was decent, but solid enough.
Part 1 of Rick Rude vs Ric Flair for the Heavywight Title.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cxsb_ravishing-rick-rude-vs-ric-flair-wo_sport#.UYs8pT7a58E

Part 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cy0p_ravishing-rick-rude-vs-ric-flair-wo_sport#.UYs83T7a58E

He was good, at random points in his career to actually sell well. Watch the left leg. Rick Rude vs Brian Armstrong
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq...mstrong_shortfilms?search_algo=2#.UYs-gj7a58E

strobogo

Banned
"Teamed" is not really accurate. He came out at the end of a match, hit a punch, and sat on Jeff Jarrett to win the match. And then was never heard from again.

Nose Master

Just found out the anime convention I'm going to in two weeks is having a WWE-cosplay meet up. I'm fuckin psyched, there's a dude "cosplaying" Hurricane.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out the anime convention I'm going to in two weeks is having a WWE-cosplay meet up. I'm fuckin psyched, there's a dude "cosplaying" Hurricane.

Real talk I saw a JBL cosplayer once, grown ass man walking around in undies and a little jacket with a hat and towel. It was awesome and also sad because he was a fat shit.

NOTE: not AS fat as JBL

Real talk I saw a JBL cosplayer once, grown ass man walking around in undies and a little jacket with a hat and towel. It was awesome and also sad because he was a fat shit.

NOTE: not AS fat as JBL

I dressed up like JBL for Halloween once. I wore a suit though.

Woo, had a big order arrive this morning; the crazy 'NJPW 30th Anniversary' set with 32 hours worth of full matches & interviews from 1972-2002, the first half of the 11 disc 'Best of the Holy Demon Army' set, 3 AJW shows from 1992, a BattlArts show from 2006 and volumes 2 & 4 of Queen Bee (the female off-shoot of BattlArts).

Still trying to rip my whole collection, but I've found I'm going to need another 1TB HDD, at least - one for indy wrestling, one for Japanese wrestling.

I've got to stop buying so much wrestling, but there was a sale :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, had a big order arrive this morning; the crazy 'NJPW 30th Anniversary' set with 32 hours worth of full matches & interviews from 1972-2002, the first half of the 11 disc 'Best of the Holy Demon Army' set, 3 AJW shows from 1992, a BattlArts show from 2006 and volumes 2 & 4 of Queen Bee (the female off-shoot of BattlArts).

Still trying to rip my whole collection, but I've found I'm going to need another 1TB HDD, at least - one for indy wrestling, one for Japanese wrestling.

I've got to stop buying so much wrestling, but there was a sale :(

Real question:

Where do you find the time to watch it all? I struggle to watch more than an hour a week. Are you able to watch while at work? Is it your work? Is it always on in the corner of your eye?

Real question:

Where do you find the time to watch it all? I struggle to watch more than an hour a week. Are you able to watch while at work? Is it your work? Is it always on in the corner of your eye?

I'm at my laptop pretty much all day and if there's not a lot going on at work I can just chuck on a few matches while waiting for something to do. IT is super dull, especially when all you're doing is FTP'ing shit or editing HTML. I usually watch an hour or two of wrestling each night, also, unless I'm currently addicted to a game or TV show, or there's a film I want to watch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at my laptop pretty much all day and if there's not a lot going on at work I can just chuck on a few matches while waiting for something to do. IT is super dull, especially when all you're doing is FTP'ing shit or editing HTML. I usually watch an hour or two of wrestling each night, also, unless I'm currently addicted to a game or TV show, or there's a film I want to watch.

Good, you're an IT muppet like myself. We recently trimmed our IT staff so I'm totally alone on Fridays, which means I can do whatever I want. I spent that time backing up wrasslin events to DVD which is the opposite of what you're doing. :|

Would like to spend more time watching, and I think I can really multiply how much I see while I'm at work. But I also do have work to do...sometimes.

Kaladin

This weekend is about to shift into overdrive. I'm going to a music festival which starts tonight up here in TN with camping, drinking, and a few of my favorite country, blues and underground bands. I should be meeting a few friends there and maybe make some new ones.

They have wifi but it may get sketchy, won't know till I test it out, don't have too much fun without me.

Aiii

So not worth it
- We noted that Damien Sandow and John Cena did a talk show segment called "The Damien Sandow Show" after the recent WWE NXT TV tapings. This may have been a tryout for a new SmackDown segment.

I need this segment, I hope it replaces MizTV forever.

- Christian has been cleared to return to action but is waiting on WWE creative to come up with a storyline that will bring him back. Sin Cara returns next week and Christian should be back shortly after. No date set yet for Evan Bourne's return but he worked one match in developmental and wasn't ready yet.

I forgot Sin Cara existed, but it's good he's back. Fucking Creative not being able to figure out what to do with one of their best workers is appalling, jesus fuck.

- WWE Saturday Morning Slam may air only for a few more weeks. Word was going around a few month ago that the CW Network only purchased a certain number of episodes of the show but this isn't confirmed. There have been no new matches taped for SMS in two weeks now.

:( no more bear jokes. :(

- WWE will be gearing their new Total Divas TV show towards a female audience because that's E!'s general audience.

As of now, they have filmed and plan to air footage showing the real-life relationships of Nikki Bella & John Cena, Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella and Natalya & Tyson Kidd.

Speaking of the show, Natalya posted this photo of she and new Divas Joseann Offerman & Eva Marie flying to Tampa, presumably for tonight's NXT live event:

http://wrestleshare.com/?pm=MRLW

Wait, Natalya and Tyson are an item? I never heard about this.

And finally the ratings beeakdown for Raw:
- As noted before, the May 6th WWE RAW did a 2.89 rating with 3.92 million viewers. This is the worst rating for RAW so far this year. RAW was third for the night on cable TV, behind the NBA playoffs on TNT.

In the segment breakdown, the show started with a 3.29 quarter rating for the Ryback and John Cena segment. Damien Sandow vs. Randy Orton lost a whopping 725,000 viewers, including 19% of all Males 18-49. Chris Jericho's promo gained 124,000 viewers. R-Truth vs. Fandango lost 146,000 viewers for a 2.74 quarter rating. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler at 9pm gained 228,000 viewers for a 2.91 quarter rating.

The Shield vs. The Usos and Kofi Kingston lost 206,000 viewers. Zack Ryder vs. Antonio Cesaro gained 26,000 viewers. The highlight of the show was Brock Lesnar's visit to WWE HQ and then the segment with Triple H and Paul Heyman. That segment gained a big 899,000 viewers in the 10pm timeslot, boosting the rating to a 3.44. Male Teens grew 35% and Males 18-49 grew 38% during that segment.

Kaitlyn, Cameron and Naomi vs. AJ Lee and The Bella Twins lost another big number - 921,000 viewers. During that match, 17% among Male Teens and 21% in Males 18-49 tuned out. The confrontation with Sheamus and Mark Henry plus Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett gained 146,000 viewers. Kane vs. Ryback in the main event plus the post-match angle with Daniel Bryan, John Cena and The Shield gained 163,000 viewers for a 2.99 overrun - very weak for the main event.

Poor divas, nobody cares :(

In response to the recent Jay Briscoe thing;

"Ring of Honor Wrestling respects and appreciates every fan regardless of age, gender, race, religion or sexual preference. The recent post by Jay Briscoe does not represent the views or opinions of Ring of Honor Wrestling, its owners, management or employees"

Jay's also deleted his twitter account, which is probably for the best.

Good, you're an IT muppet like myself. We recently trimmed our IT staff so I'm totally alone on Fridays, which means I can do whatever I want. I spent that time backing up wrasslin events to DVD which is the opposite of what you're doing. :|

Would like to spend more time watching, and I think I can really multiply how much I see while I'm at work. But I also do have work to do...sometimes.

Yeah, on occasion it can get pretty hectic, but for the most part I don't have a whole lot to do, so I'm pretty lucky in that, I guess.

This weekend is about to shift into overdrive. I'm going to a music festival which starts tonight up here in TN with camping, drinking, and a few of my favorite country, blues and underground bands. I should be meeting a few friends there and maybe make some new ones.

They have wifi but it may get sketchy, won't know till I test it out, don't have too much fun without me.

Enjoy man, I haven't been to a festival in years - thinking about heading to one of the big metal festivals in Europe next year, probably Hellfest in France, if the line-up's any good.

Shame you'll miss the WSU/CZW double-header, but what you're doing sounds better, tbh :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Natalya and Tyson are an item? I never heard about this.

I think they mean their family relationship for those two. If not, this uh...this show could get weird, quick.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think they mean their family relationship for those two. If not, this uh...this show could get weird, quick.

They are not related though.

According to wiki:
Wilson went to school with Teddy Hart, and through him Wilson befriended Harry Smith and became close with the rest of the Hart family at the age of ten. He also lived with Harry Smith for several years He has dated and lived with Nattie Neidhart since November 2001.

2001, they are sure keeping a low profile, I did not know this.

---
Your mom replaces MizTV forever.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ugh. Face Miz is the worst. I think he's returng next week too :(

Top Bottom