• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bo Dallas' entrance video, a fitting one for your next WWE Champion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIQqjxUtHEo

Look at that dislike bar. He's just as controversial as the iconic John Cena. Ready to pass the torch to the future. #bobrigade
tumblr_m5ky5nVv2g1rnr8voo1_500.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Speaking of "normal people clothes", when the hell did Angry Birds get tee shirts and why in the world do people think that's something good to wear to wrestling events in the States?

I've seen it on Raw, NXT, Shimmer, and now Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and it's always awful looking no matter who wears it. Especially the obese who still stretch the extra extreme large (that's what XXL means right?).

Now speaking of championship Wrestling from Hollywood. More people need to wear a cape into the ring besides Kevin Douglas, the occasional Austin Aries, and fake The Hurricane sometimes played by Shane Helms.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of "normal people clothes", when the hell did Angry Birds get tee shirts and why in the world do people think that's something good to wear to wrestling events in the States?

I've seen it on Raw, NXT, Shimmer, and now Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and it's always awful looking no matter who wears it. Especially the obese who still stretch the extra extreme large (that's what XXL means right?).

Now speaking of championship Wrestling from Hollywood. More people need to wear a cape into the ring besides Kevin Douglas, the occasional Austin Aries, and fake The Hurricane sometimes played Shane Helms.

I want a West Hollywood Wrestling promotion.

Divas had a pretty dope cape revival a couple years ago. Good times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty amazing how much better in shape Punk looked at the beginning of last year.

I dunno why he gives no fucks about how he looks. He's nowhere near too old to give a shit. He could look incredible if he had more discipline. Being a main event star does take up a lot of your time, but diet and a workout program will go a long way.

If you monitor what you eat and put 45 minutes of your day in the gym every couple days, and on top of that wrestle for a living, you can look phenomenal.

Back me up FallingEdge.

strobogo

Banned
He was pretty jacked for him. No flab, big shoulders, lots of definition despite not exactly being cut up. He looked good. D-Bryne's muscle gain is also pretty impressive. He wasn't significantly bigger than ROH days at the start of last year. He's a little monster now. Pretty massive gains in just a year. Dude must have been working with Batista.

He was pretty jacked for him. No flab, big shoulders, lots of definition despite not exactly being cut up. He looked good. D-Bryne's muscle gain is also pretty impressive. He wasn't significantly bigger than ROH days at the start of last year. He's a little monster now. Pretty massive gains in just a year. Dude must have been working with Batista.

Yeah, D.Bry blew up last year and has continued to look great. Just a ball of mass.

I dunno why he gives no fucks about how he looks. He's nowhere near too old to give a shit. He could look incredible if he had more discipline. Being a main event star does take up a lot of your time, but diet and a workout program will go a long way.

If you monitor what you eat and put 45 minutes of your day in the gym every couple days, and on top of that wrestle for a living, you can look phenomenal.

Back me up FallingEdge.

Agreed! I'm sure the stress can make a negative impact but really, that is all you have to do. Plus, I would assume you have great trainers and nutritionists. It really is up to you to go from there.

Really though, who knows. I wonder how much of an impact of keeping up a certain appearance really is.

younger days but still

What's weird is that was back when Punk was vegan (beginning of 2012) so I don't know how he put on all the muscle, but yeah Mania 28 was probably the best he's "looked" even though he was probably in much better shape in the few months after when he dropped some mass.

Just saw mini-Ziggler on NXT. He looks even more like Even Bourne than Big Ziggles did with short hair.

Team those two up!!

If we're thinking of the same guy he was also trained by Lance Storm and was in a middling tag team with a dude I went to high school with in the local indy.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, D.Bry blew up last year and has continued to look great. Just a ball of mass.

Agreed! I'm sure the stress can make a negative impact but really, that is all you have to do. Plus, I would assume you have great trainers and nutritionists. It really is up to you to go from there.

Really though, who knows. I wonder how much of an impact of keeping up a certain appearance really is.

younger days but still

He basically looked like that but a bit more filled out.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Back me up FallingEdge.
You know, I once commented on Punk's weight and they just made excuses for the guy. I'm not saying he should be built like a brick shithouse, but the man should look like a star.

What's weird is that was back when Punk was vegan (beginning of 2012) so I don't know how he put on all the muscle, but yeah Mania 28 was probably the best he's "looked" even though he was probably in much better shape in the few months after when he dropped some mass.

If we're thinking of the same guy he was also trained by Lance Storm and was in a middling tag team with a dude I went to high school with in the local indy.

Is he billed out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada on NXT or does Bret Hart have a copyright on that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I once commented on Punk's weight and they just made excuses for the guy. I'm not saying he should be built like a brick shithouse, but the man should look like a star.

I would think it'd be in his best interest to look as strong as he can. I understand that isn't everything, I get that - and I get people are tired of others harping on peoples' physiques, but I think with Punk it'd be really significant.

Not everyone has to be this delicious muscular specimen of a man. Punk looks fine. Goes with his I don't give a fuuuuck attitude. He got to the top of the damn industry and flew above it looking like he does.

Funny no one says this about Shawn Michaels who had the same physique as CM Punk during the pinnacle of his career.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not everyone has to be this delicious muscular specimen of a man. Punk looks fine. Goes with his I don't give a fuuuuck attitude.

all I see is "not a credible threat"

Then again Harley Race never worked out a day in his life, but he was one tough-ass dude. You don't rock a fro like that with a belly like that unless you can back it up.

Funny no one says this about Shawn Michaels who had the same physique as CM Punk during the pinnacle of his career.

Shawn was in better shape, just a little bit. But he also isn't dragging his ass around anymore.

strobogo

Banned
I know some people have shitty genetics and it takes a lot of work for some people to look just okay, but I find it hard to believe that WWE guys don't have access to the best nutritionists and trainers that they can't put in minimal effort and look pretty decent. Despite being a cardio monster, you'd never believe it by looking at him. When you don't even look like you ride an exercise bike once or twice a week and your job involves you being in your underwear on TV every week, maybe a little more effort can be put into things.

I get it. I don't like exercising. I don't like lifting and I don't like cardio. I don't get runner's high or that "it feels like cumming with a woman" feeling from lifting. No matter how much weight I cut, I'm going to have jiggle and love handles. I don't have the effort or will power in me to do what it really takes to get rid of all that shit. I've been in dangerously low weight territory while eating healthy and working out 5-6 days a week. Shit just isn't going to happen. But I can do enough that you can tell I try. Punk could at least do that much. He doesn't need to look like Randy Orton, but just a dude who hits the gym once in a while.

somedevil

I don't see a problem with Punk and we also have to remember his knees were bascially breaking down near the end of his title reign so I bet he wasn't working out much when he was bascially a walkiing injury.

Also, people take him serious threat if not he wouldn't be the number 2 in the company. His look and his character makes him popular to the fans. If we go by how musclar someone is Bray Wyatt is screwed when he is called up.

Also, this obession with how musclar someone is creeps into how Vince McMahon use to run the company. People like Bryan or Punk would never gotten a shot in the company and there would be tons of Mason Andrews walking around.

Punk and Bryan success has led to this change of attitude of who to give contracts too. Now NXT is filled with Indie stars that deserve a shot and not filled with Body Builders who look great but can work for shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always makes me think of Punk's tweet about hard work in the gym with Claudio and Bryan. Yeah, Punk, all three of you.

I can definitely see puroresu shirts becoming the new DBZ hawaiian shirts and recapturing the hearts and minds of weeaboos like you and Dragonzord all over again.

Hot Topic needs to strike while the iron is hot.

YUP. CAN'T WAIT.

Will alternate between this and my DGUSA shirts as well.

im so indy #ThisIsWrestling

strobogo

Banned
I don't see a problem with Punk and we also have to remember his knees were bascially breaking down near the end of his title reign so I bet he wasn't working out much when he was bascially a walkiing injury.

Also, people take him serious threat if not he wouldn't be the number 2 in the company. His look and his character makes him popular to the fans. If we go by how musclar someone is Bray Wyatt is screwed when he is called up.

Also, this obession with how musclar someone is creeps into how Vince McMahon use to run the company. People like Bryan or Punk would never gotten a shot in the company and there would be tons of Mason Andrews walking around.

Punk and Bryan success has led to this change of attitude of who to give contracts too. Now NXT is filled with Indie stars that deserve a shot and not filled with Body Builders who look great but can work for shit.

D-Bryne is fucking jacked. He looks strong as fuck. He looks strong enough that you can take him seriously as a guy who can go toe to toe with guys a foot taller than him. Punk obviously looks good enough, but I would think he would want to try to look a bit better than "good enough". He's in his underwear on TV for a living and looks like he hits the gym once a month and stays in shape by watching his diet.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
djwCzNR.jpg

I get the "if you look at him, you don't think he could stand a chance against [insert heavily muscled wrestler here] idea, but during his prime this man Johnny Saint showed that he could out-wrestle any of them once the match started. That, along with all the wrestlers who can go an hour or perform ten different matches in two days without losing quality, mean far more to me than that star look. Looking healthy while they just stand there, looking great by their moves while fighting, that's what I prefer.

I know, WWE look and WWE viewers, but I was raised on World of Sport, German (with import wrestlers), and Japanese wrestling. A guy like The Rock can come in with all the muscles, veins popping, signature poses, and "he looks powerful" comments he can muster, but if he can't compete without getting tired quickly or prone to injury? I rather see the "out of shape/fat guy" who can compete for an hour or several matches in a day and give me a good solid match. I of course appreciate a great athlete who can do a great match for a long time and l"the look" such as Ceasaro or Steamboat in his prime, but I don't need "the look" if they preform greatly.

First two matches have been announced for the Tag World Grand Prix.

Round1.1.jpg

Round1.2.jpg

Da Soul Touchaz vs Pieces of Hate should be pretty good. As for The Heart Throbs... may God have mercy on their soul.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Consider Shawn's age and the fact that he was still in good shape.

Again, not saying he needs to be built like a brick shithouse but if he was toned or lean it would be better than skinny fat.

strobogo

Banned
Johnny Saint looks like a dude who probably ran 5-6 miles a day and spent the rest of his days stretching dudes. Punk doesn't look like he exercises at all (even though he obviously is a cardio machine, but he doesn't look it at all). It's not that big of a deal or anything, but just kind of weird that he doesn't even seem to bother.

Shawn was sort of in much better shape in his post-born again run than parts of his cocaine days. Back then he was fluctuating a lot between too thin and sort of flabby. After his return he looked much better cut most of the time.

Johnny Saint looks like a dude who probably ran 5-6 miles a day and spent the rest of his days stretching dudes. Punk doesn't look like he exercises at all (even though he obviously is a cardio machine, but he doesn't look it at all). It's not that big of a deal or anything, but just kind of weird that he doesn't even seem to bother.

Hard to say for sure as Punk wears low rise trunks, but that picture looks pretty damn close to Punk's build. The legs and chest especially, hard to read how big Punk's arms are due to the tattoos but probably a bit smaller.

somedevil

Consider Shawn's age and the fact that he was still in good shape.

Again, not saying he needs to be built like a brick shithouse but if he was toned or lean it would be better than skinny fat.

I don't know because how in shape you are just plays a part. Look at Austin Aries he is in shape but is short. I remember when he was in the ring with Brooke Hogan she towered over him. I don't see it as a problem but some people might not take him as a threat when he someone like her is a giant compared to him.

It just shows that things like at shouldn't matter because there isn't a perfect wrestler.

Pavaloo

I bet Daniel Bryan's been lifting with The Ryback since nexus. BDazzle is looking better and better, can't imagine what he'll look like a year from now.. Huge?

Striker

Talking about a person's size and not looking like a champion reminds me of Triple H's shit back in the early 2000's when he was trying to keep the belt off Kurt Angle. Now he's apparently wanting guys who can go in the ring more - I guess it works for him as long as he's not the one getting stepped over.

Top Bottom