• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Emma is so good I hope we get to see more of the Emmalution on NXT before she gets to the main roster and is ruined

emma_entrance_5vor58.gif

emma_entrance_10ylr8s.gif

Best Finisher
emma_finisher_5x3pr4.gif

emma_dance_5d9qas.gif

XenoRaven

Just finished up watching Wrestling Dontaku! It was pretty good. I think the Tanahashi/Okada match from Invasion Attack set my expectations a little high, but I still enjoyed the show. I may write a review up tomorrow just to share my thoughts on my first NJPW PPV if anyone cares to read it.

Thanks. It was my aunt from my dad's side of the family, btw. And as per tradition with that side of the family, we had a BBQ afterwards to cheer everyone up, and we proceeded to shoot the shit for a good few hours.

strobogo

Banned
Thanks. It was my aunt from my dad's side of the family, btw. And as per tradition with that side of the family, we had a BBQ afterwards to cheer everyone up, and we proceeded to shoot the shit for a good few hours.

The post funeral lunch/dinner thing always weirded me out. Hey, we just stared at the dead body of your loved one for 25 minutes and then chucked him/her in the ground. Let's shove our face with a bunch of food right now!

somedevil

James Storm has announced that he suffered a groin injury while refereeing the match between Kaz and Daniels vs. Austin Aries and Bobby Roode on Thursday's Impact Wrestling from Tupelo, MS. Storm was injured when he slid in to make a pinfall.

Storm was in so much pain 24 hours later that he went to the emergency room after last night's TNA live event in Birmingham, Alabama.

lol, thats one stupidiest wrestling injuries this year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
last episode of SMS is starting!

oh shit

socko vs. cobra

Alicia Fox commentary!!!

HES GOT A BICYCLE!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
need a gif of Orton giving his disapproval to Sheamus

Holy shit they muted part of Randy's theme

XD

HAHAHAHAHA they muted the part of Sheamus' theme talking about lost their head

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So they've cut away from the Brogue Kick hitting twice is that common on this show?

They won't finish a match with that move on this show right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last Kobashi match, I know I'll suffer some manly tears when this makes its way online:

That's some beautiful thing. Manly tears indeed.

lol, thats one stupidiest wrestling injuries this year.

What's one of the dumbest of all time? Is it when McMahon tore both his quads after the Royal Rumble? Or when Typhoon suffered a concussion getting out of the car in the parking lot before a show?

Just finished up watching Wrestling Dontaku! It was pretty good. I think the Tanahashi/Okada match from Invasion Attack set my expectations a little high, but I still enjoyed the show. I may write a review up tomorrow just to share my thoughts on my first NJPW PPV if anyone cares to read it.

I would LOVE to read it! Especially from a first-time viewer!

Kobashi > everyone.

irk71E4TZxGaX.jpg

Man, I can't wait to see that Kobashi retirement show. He's pretty much the reason I got into puro, even if I didn't know his name back then ("Let's go Orange Trunks!!"). Love that he hit one final MOOOOOONSAAAAULLLTUUUUU PREEEEEEESUUUUUU!!!

Gif from the show, Kobashi's rolling cradle;

imNmHnZa6tNEb.gif

I would LOVE to read it! Especially from a first-time viewer!

Yeah, same here, always interested to hear peoples New Japan thoughts.

From now on, I'm going to read everything bean breath writes about John Cena as if it were written about Jumbo Tsuruta.

From now on, I'm going to force Jumbo Tsuruta into any discussion that Bootaaay attempts.

Feel free! Jumbo was such a legend, quite possibly the best all-round wrestler of the 80's and a huge inspiration on modern wrestling.

Sunflower said:
I...recommend doing so. You can drop in any time to see what it's like, but there's some injokes that just enhance viewings but they are in no way required.

I tried a few episodes when it was on over here years ago, but I couldn't get into it - really should give it another go one of these days, as I'm always fascinated by how much the show's seemingly idolised by Americans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tried a few episodes when it was on over here years ago, but I couldn't get into it - really should give it another go one of these days, as I'm always fascinated by how much the show's seemingly idolised by Americans.

It is without a doubt in my upper echelon of favorite shows. It had a weird start, but by season 3 it was firing on all cylinders and it was the purest comedy gold. Costanza is EVERYTHING I love about that show.

Top Bottom