• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

krae_man

I'm gonna be shocked when Cena is able to outlast Ryback in that Last Man Standing match.

Ryback is just so much bigger and badder than Cena, if Cena is able to beat him he will have my respect.

What if Batista comes back and duct tapes Cena's legs to the ringpost?

Ladies and gentleman, the IWA Mid South "riot";

Bobby Eaton & Mark Wolf vs Mean & Hard

Lol...how to do this video justice. Well, first up, Tracy Smothers HATES Bobby Eaton. I have no idea why, but he fucking despises the man and at some point decides to go into business for himself and tries to beat the shit out of Bobby - while this is happening, the match utterly breaks down and Tracy takes a hit from some girl in the crowd with a bat. Tracy is LIVID, crazy girl and her friends get dragged out of the building while Tracy throws potatoes at everyone in sight and gets on the mic to further rile up the crowd. Some fat dude with the most disgusting gut I've ever seen prepares to get in the ring and challenge Tracy - he takes a drag from his smoke and then stubs it out on his arm, LOL! Before he can waddle to the ropes, Bobby heads back to ringside and Tracy jumps down and they go at it again. The locker room is out (including Corp Robinson and fat Chris Hero) to try and stop Tracy, but he just fucking potatoes the shit out of them. Now Ian's out and he tries to calm Tracy down, but gets thrown on his ass. Bobby's back and hits Tracy with a chair before being dragged to the back! Ian's pissed and tackles Tracy to the mat and the locker room piles on, but Tracy fights his way out. Ian tries to get Tracy to leave by saying he'll get his money, he just has to grab his shit and leave, but Bobby's back out again! I love the way Ian goes "Ah, FUCK!" and rolls his eyes in exasperation, lol. Ian tries to get Tracy to agree to a match with Bobby the next week...yeah, because that seems like such a great idea, lol. If I remember rightly, the match wasn't anywhere near as good as this brawl promised. Oh well.

This was also the same show where Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher had that ridiculous deathmatch with one of the nastiest in-ring injuries ever;

http://i.minus.com/ib0PiLU03668rv.gif - super NSFW. Seriously.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
a six pack huh
I didn't say six pack. I said near one, and he had the outline of one.

kane4_display_image.jpg

eGV1enRqMTI=_o_friday-night-smackdown-world-heavyweight-champion-kane-.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I will without question say that Kane is better than Kevin Nash, but I don't think Kane has any matches as good as Nash vs Bret or Nash vs HBK matches. I'll even say that Nash had better matches with Bret/HBK than Bret and HBK had against each other. Nash is way better than anyone ever gives him credit for, but Kane is for sure has a better average of quality.

G-Fex

I will without question say that Kane is better than Kevin Nash, but I don't think Kane has any matches as good as Nash vs Bret or Nash vs HBK matches. I'll even say that Nash had better matches with Bret/HBK than Bret and HBK had against each other. Nash is way better than anyone ever gives him credit for, but Kane is for sure has a better average of quality.

There we go, that's what I meant to say.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
People hate Nash, but I'll say this, Nash has done more to improve the actual lives of pro wrestlers than arguably any other wrestler ever. His jump to WCW brought about actual contracts with guaranteed money and real benefits.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
To be fair, Kane has never wrestled against prime HBK or Bret (unless you count that underrated Yankem match).

Although, I always say that Kane/HBK at Unforgiven 2004 is sorely underrated.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ladies and gentleman, the IWA Mid South "riot";

Bobby Eaton & Mark Wolf vs Mean & Hard

Lol...how to do this video justice. Well, first up, Tracy Smothers HATES Bobby Eaton. I have no idea why, but he fucking despises the man and at some point decides to go into business for himself and tries to beat the shit out of Bobby - while this is happening, the match utterly breaks down and Tracy takes a hit from some girl in the crowd with a bat. Tracy is LIVID, crazy girl and her friends get dragged out of the building while Tracy throws potatoes at everyone in sight and gets on the mic to further rile up the crowd. Some fat dude with the most disgusting gut I've ever seen prepares to get in the ring and challenge Tracy - he takes a drag from his smoke and then stubs it out on his arm, LOL! Before he can waddle to the ropes, Bobby heads back to ringside and Tracy jumps down and they go at it again. The locker room is out (including Corp Robinson and fat Chris Hero) to try and stop Tracy, but he just fucking potatoes the shit out of them. Now Ian's out and he tries to calm Tracy down, but gets thrown on his ass. Bobby's back and hits Tracy with a chair before being dragged to the back! Ian's pissed and tackles Tracy to the mat and the locker room piles on, but Tracy fights his way out. Ian tries to get Tracy to leave by saying he'll get his money, he just has to grab his shit and leave, but Bobby's back out again! I love the way Ian goes "Ah, FUCK!" and rolls his eyes in exasperation, lol. Ian tries to get Tracy to agree to a match with Bobby the next week...yeah, because that seems like such a great idea, lol. If I remember rightly, the match wasn't anywhere near as good as this brawl promised. Oh well.

This was also the same show where Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher had that ridiculous deathmatch with one of the nastiest in-ring injuries ever;

http://i.minus.com/ib0PiLU03668rv.gif - super NSFW. Seriously.

Oh jesus I'm on board.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, we give WWE alot of shit about how they handle their undercard titles, but...

- TNA Television Champion Devon was asked on Twitter if he's ever going to defend the title. He replied:

"I do every week .. tna is the one that doesn't put it on tv ... don't come at me. go talk to them about it ..."

Lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what it is about bad indy sleaze, I love it.

If someone wrote a book collecting all the rumours and stories surrounding Ian Rotten & IWA-MS, I would totally buy it.

I pretty much feel that way about Akebono matches. I can't explain it, but I want to see them. Horrible. Nobody should want to see a bleeding egg on sticks.

Aiii

So not worth it
Heh, you just know that TNA is totally gonna "forget" that they turned the X-Division Title into a Money in the Bank briefcase last year.

Lol, Kobald is such a dick;

iQve5MIJFS4VB.gif

Not at all surprised some fan punched him at IWA Deep South last month.

I pretty much feel that way about Akebono matches. I can't explain it, but I want to see them. Horrible. Nobody should want to see a bleeding egg on sticks.

I kinda like Akebono. And Ryota Hama. Neither are great wrestlers, but I feel like they're a good test for other guys, because they not only have to come up with a way to beat them, but have to try and make it look good as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think it was Del Rio's kick that did him in, Swagger is just being blamed because he's a heel.

FREE SWAGGER! WE! The PEOPLE!

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys act like you're only now realising that WWE picks their top stars on criteria other than their raw wrestling ability.

I'm not really a big Kane fan, but this is silly.

Nash had good matches with Bret and HBK. Look out that window...there's a million jobbers who have had good matches with Bret and HBK.

Kane, on the other hand MADE Edge as a singles star. Christian may have been his first singles feud, but really Kane made him a star. Their feud in 2004-5 was what turned the corner for Edge as a singles performer, eventually culminating in him becoming a multi-time WHC, and a HoFer. Their feud would have continued in 2007 when Kane was the #1 contender for the title until Edge got hurt and Vince went crazy and gave the strap to Khali in that Smackdown battle royal.

Nash never made a star like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret said his match with Nash at Summerslam is one of his favorite matches. I highly doubt Bret said that solely because of himself.

Kane made Edge a mid-carder. Edge fucking Lita and getting all that controversy made him a multi-time WHC and HoFer. If Kane hadn't come along, Foley would have done the same thing.

Striker

He says things about Triple H that most other former stars are too afraid of admitting. He's blunt so it's not entirely bad.

Top Bottom