• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about the tremendous praise you gave him with the "hey, he's better than Nash" argument. Truly, I apologize (I'm being sarcastic, by the way).

You could have just said, "I'm sorry, Soul. You're right, again. My stupid ass should have never fucked up and doubted you. The next time I speak, I'll make sure to have my Kane knowledge down pact. That is, if you ever give me permission to speak again. Damn my stupid ass."

I'm joking, by the way.

Maybe.

Damn.

185sw.gif

19e6p.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I never got why faces always stop their submission hold if the ref is distracted by someone on the outside.
The heels aways tap in this situation so unless a 3rd person cheap shots the guy, why would you break the hold?

Anth0ny

I never got why faces always stop their submission hold if the ref is distracted by someone on the outside.
The heels aways tap in this situation so unless a 3rd person cheap shots the guy, why would you break the hold?

well obviously

the ref would NEVER stop being distracted until the face lets him know what's up

Glad you liked Goto vs Shibata, that was my favourite match of the show as well - the story to it was basically that Shibata had returned to New Japan after a career in MMA, but didn't like the style of wrestling he found. He wanted to bring the fighting spirit out in Goto, his old friend and fellow New Japan dojo graduate, so he challenged him to this match to see if Goto still had the same fire he did as a youth.

To add to this (and I'm betting you already know this Bootaaay, as it comes from Meltzer), Shibata was the one that actually got Goto into the New Japan dojo. Shibata got in thanks to his dad (Katsuhisa Shibata, former NJPW midcarder and ref) and then he got Goto in, as they knew each other through high school wrestling. It's a pretty awesome storyline that's completely based in reality.

Just watched Kenta Kobashi's retirement match. Really entertaining match and tear jerking stuff post-match. It was great to see him go out in much better form than his last couple of comebacks, though I hope it doesn't lead to yet another round of surgery.

Nose Master

Was it that much of a norm for people to throw trash at every WCW event?

It seems like something that they themselves started. Watching the Nitro documentary (I think), the first episode had the same thing happening, but it was a bit weird. Then I noticed that every piece of "trash" being thrown in the ring was an immaculately clean, capped, plastic bottle. It looked like it was done by plants. If it were actually fans throwing it, they'd be, well, messy.

Stro, even though you mentioned the match in passing, you may have also forgotten that the last three guys standing in the ladder match where Edge won the MITB were ****** and
Kane.

Really, when you look at how Edge was turned into a singles star, Kane was in the mix time and time again, more than any other guy. Its not a coincidence that his name pops up time and time again in these milestones.

I've been around here long enough for you to know that I'm not one of these Kane guys. I'm just simply recognizing what happened.

It was actually really lucky the way the thing went down with the Matt/Edge/Lita/Kane thing when you think about it. An extended feud wasn't going to help either Matt or Edge, because face it, the fans at that time would have always seen those two battling as 1/3 of the great Hardys/Dudleys/E&C TLC battles and little else. People's minds would have been looking back on both guys as tags, not looking at them like singles. Edge had to break out of that completely, and Kane was the right guy at that time. And Kane just gave and gave and gave his body to Edge in those matches.

Aiii

So not worth it
Every now and then I respond to the 7 free days of WoW that Blizzard sends me.

Then I play for an hour (mostly logging into my old characters) and not return for the rest of the week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every time someone says "Shibata" I think of Katsuie from the Warriors series.

Bootaaay tell me I'm not the only one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Photo from a friend of mine who is a DJ - man they get up early.

ivoJbfE.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan needs to start grooming a bit. He hit the sweet spot between epic beard and hobo half a year ago, now he just looks terrible.

G-Fex

This reminds me of the time G-Fex criticized the inferno match between Taker and Kane, and called it overrated, asking why everyone praised it when he thought it sucked. Then, it turned out that he was talking about the inferno match between them that occurred on a random RAW in 1999. He thought that was the first ever inferno match. He had no idea that the actual first inferno match occurred at Unforgiven 1998, and that's the one everyone praises, lol.

anyone can make that mistake. Or maybe just me.

Whatever.

Frankly wrestling is just fanservice for women too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meeting Mechashiva tonight and going to Raw with him. Good times ahead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How is Marvel Heroes compared to DCU Online? Once I leveled up a bit, I love DCUO.

Very different. I checked the Heroes thread and was surprised at all the negative reactions - I really enjoyed my time as the Punisher.

Why did no one ever book Dino vs Goldust in between Dustin's various hirings and firings?

rofl, now that would be a fun match. Watching Dino during the Super J Cup was some great stuff.

On an anime related note, I started watching Monster. Fantastic. Only through ep. 3 and I can't wait to watch the rest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
rofl, now that would be a fun match. Watching Dino during the Super J Cup was some great stuff.

On an anime related note, I started watching Monster. Fantastic. Only through ep. 3 and I can't wait to watch the rest.

Man I haven't seen any anime worth a shit since the 90s it feels like.

The world starts and ends with Berserk and a dash of hokuto no ken. I just can't feel anything for the genre. Always wanted to get into Gundam but when you look at it you go "fuck, that's a lot of shit."

Man I haven't seen any anime worth a shit since the 90s it feels like.

The world starts and ends with Berserk and a dash of hokuto no ken. I just can't feel anything for the genre. Always wanted to get into Gundam but when you look at it you go "fuck, that's a lot of shit."

The manga was written from 94-01. Anime was on air from 04-05. I really do enjoy it so far.

I want to watch more Ippo ;_;

I really have no idea what is good/bad in the world of manga/anime these days. The Titan one looks interesting. Is Gantz still around? I think that was the last one I read. Still keep up with Ippo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The manga was written from 94-01. Anime was on air from 04-05. I really do enjoy it so far.

I want to watch more Ippo ;_;

I really have no idea what is good/bad in the world of manga/anime these days. The Titan one looks interesting. Is Gantz still around? I think that was the last one I read. Still keep up with Ippo.

I remember trying to read Gantz but getting bored as hell when dinosaurs showed up. Berserk manga is nice but I try to only read new issues once a year since you only get like 6 chapters. One Piece is also a good read. That's aboutttt....ittttt.

Catching up on some BJW, namely the Ikkitousen Deathmatch Survivor finals and the May 5th Endless Survivor event. Some real ridiculous deathmatches in this one (nothing too graphic, just a bunch of light tube cuts), but a lot of awesome wrestling too in the Strong Big Japan matches, plus Takao Omori & Yasufumi Nakanoue from AJPW make a few appearances.

Daisuke Sekimoto continues to be awesome;

ibiSm3RpRWXaKs.gif

Masashi Takeda dunks Isami Kodaka through a light tube table;

ibcXSCE0ym46pJ.gif

Kodaka gets whipped through a ton of light tubes;

isqGMV3ukdLF5.gif

Top Bottom