• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Penguin

New Steve Austin show is up!

Impressions of last night's show with the live crowd:

Orton was possibly the most over of the night. Manster pops for him. It's unreal that they can do NOTHING with him for months and the crowd went goddamn bananas. Cena was also disappointingly over - nothing even close to a boo in the house for him. I felt real bad because I thought Mechashiva and I were seated in front of some drunks but they were mentally challenged. I kept hearing "GO...GO KAA...KAAAAANE" etc. And the claps were all out of sync. But that's my fault for being a dick. However we ended up throwing out a handicapped group which was a real bummer because we didn't know until we got them thrown out.

Ryback is super popular, barely any heel heat. People loved him. Swagger vs Big E was dead as fuck, Zeb had to get on the mic during the break and yell at people to get a reaction. It's a shame, because I like both of them, but the crowd simply doesn't care.

There was a pretty good reaction for Natalya, surprisingly. I didn't expect her to tap though :(

When the cage descended it got stuck on the posts, but I think they were at a commercial when they fixed it.

Uh, nothing else. I just enjoyed my time with my pals, held my head in my hands when Cena things happened, and was reminded that we are SUCH a minority and things will not change.

I assume dead crowd for Swagger vs Big E because both heels.. always make it odd to cheer/boo

Surprised Swagger won and not Del Rio

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cmon guys join the initiative with me, make OT threads about wrestling happenings

maybe not

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You must stop this Sunflower.

"John Cena's ankle still giving him problems at Raw - what does this mean for Make-A-Wish Foundation?"

You really DON'T want to post in a topic like that? :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I once made one about that guy making Sailor Moon and Kane videos.

WrassleGAF told me to stop.

I can only imagine the weird shit that'd come out of "Which fanbase is weirder - anime fans of wrestling fans?" and the gifs...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alert Alert

GWF 2.0 Decisions must be made.

"WWE 2K14 (Take-Two/Yukes, 360/PS3) releasing on October 29th"

Do I wait and work on 2k14? Or do I continue putting in work for a July or whatnot 2.0 release?

I'm leaning towards July 2.0 in 13.

That thread is cringe worthy. So was the John Cena one.

My work here is done, I must go, my wrestling planet needs me

BFIB

Cmon guys join the initiative with me, make OT threads about wrestling happenings

maybe not

I always try to partake in any wrestling OT threads.

Because the inevitable .gifs are always glorious. Like the Kurt Angle being lowered down .gif. Gets me every time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always try to partake in any wrestling OT threads.

Because the inevitable .gifs are always glorious. Like the Kurt Angle being lowered down .gif. Gets me every time.

Definitely one of my favorites. Same with it reversed! It's the gif that keeps on giffing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have though about making an Extreme Rules OT, but decided against it since I doubt it would have added value.

So I have a 16 hour flight tomorrow, would you recommend listening to Stone Cold's podcasts in order to pass the time?

Are they actually a good listen, or does he just shill his crappy show constantly like he used to do on Twitter (I had to unfollow him because of that) ?

jmdajr

So I have a 16 hour flight tomorrow, would you recommend listening to Stone Cold's podcasts in order to pass the time?

Are they actually a good listen, or does he just shill his crappy show constantly like he used to do on Twitter (I had to unfollow him because of that) ?

The show is incredible. A few ads but it's not a big deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I would recommend also going through the archives on the LAW and checking out their old Review-A-Wai episodes. Old PPVs and events are reviewed and they're a good listen, especially if you have seen the source content. I highly recommend the Donahue and Morton Downey Jr. ones recently, it's always neat to me to go back and listen to these shows and see how strange wrestling was then. Worth listening to.

Definitely one of my favorites. Same with it reversed! It's the gif that keeps on giffing.

92667.jpg

jiCG9AO.gif

YYTHHsh.gif

The show is incredible. A few ads but it's not a big deal.

I would recommend also going through the archives on the LAW and checking out their old Review-A-Wai episodes. Old PPVs and events are reviewed and they're a good listen, especially if you have seen the source content. I highly recommend the Donahue and Morton Downey Jr. ones recently, it's always neat to me to go back and listen to these shows and see how strange wrestling was then. Worth listening to.

I'll have to check them out then, thanks guys!

Mengetsu

Mock if old.

Interview with Michael Cole:

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vVT6p8gwOmQ

Highlights:http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/0514/562679/michael-cole-interview-highlights/

On the backstage attitude towards him prior to his WrestleMania 27 match:

"People hated me. I was boring myself while I was walking out there."

On recently mocking a Chris Jericho segment and disrespecting him:

"What I felt bad about is that I disrespected Chris, who has obviously been in this business longer than I have. He's one of the legendary greats of all-time. More importantly than all of that, Chris is a friend of mine. Believe it or not, I felt bad. I felt bad for a number of reasons... because I didn't go to Chris and explain to him what happened, so he had to hear through the grapevine the next day. So he wasn't happy with me. We ironed things out and he's a great guy."

Cole speaks on a number of other topics including his wife only ever watching him on WWE TV one time, his match at 'Mania being longer than Daniel Bryan's

Alert Alert

GWF 2.0 Decisions must be made.

"WWE 2K14 (Take-Two/Yukes, 360/PS3) releasing on October 29th"

Do I wait and work on 2k14? Or do I continue putting in work for a July or whatnot 2.0 release?

I'm leaning towards July 2.0 in 13.

My work here is done, I must go, my wrestling planet needs me

i'm waiting for PS4 and EA MMA to make monthly PPVs. gonna be glorious with dat Share button.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i'm waiting for PS4 and EA MMA to make monthly PPVs. gonna be glorious with dat Share button.

EA's still doing their MMA stuff? For some reason I thought they abandoned ship after Undisputed ate their babies in sales. God damn that first Undisputed game sold like gangbusters, at the height of the MMA boom. So good.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
EA's still doing their MMA stuff? For some reason I thought they abandoned ship after Undisputed ate their babies in sales. God damn that first Undisputed game sold like gangbusters, at the height of the MMA boom. So good.

EA have got the UFC licence and are making a new game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
EA have got the UFC licence and are making a new game.

ahhhhh. I see, I see. Well, here's hoping. Undisputed 3 had the best presentation I've ever seen, and the game wasn't horrible to play. I wonder what's next.

Striker

There was a pretty good reaction for Natalya, surprisingly. I didn't expect her to tap though :(
I'm guessing she's the type of person who likes having a job there and traveling with the talent on the show. Basically being enhancement talent while serving joke characters, with no evolving character or feuds, hardly wrestling on television, despite being the best one they have.

jmdajr

I'm guessing she's the type of person who likes having a job there and traveling with the talent on the show. Basically being enhancement talent while serving joke characters, with no evolving character or feuds, hardly wrestling on television, despite being the best one they have.

Well, as long as as she doesn't hate life.

Anth0ny

double you double you e universe

stay tuned to double you double you e raw as we go to a double you double you e commercial break, keep your eyes on the double you double you e app as this match for the double you double you e united states championship continues

jmdajr

double you double you e universe

stay tuned to double you double you e raw as we go to a double you double you e commercial break, keep your eyes on the double you double you e app as this match for the double you double you e united states championship continues

It's like the best picture in picture ever dudes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tapping out to AJ's excellent submission move is not a bad thing, for fuck sake, it's not like jobbing to Kelly Kelly. Besides, as good as Natalya is in the ring, she still needs alot of work to appear more natural in skits and promo's.

If you wanna get upset, than be upset at the commentary. Six people there, who knows why it included The Bellas. Cole just up and forgetting who Khali and Hornswoggle were supporting. Nobody even acknowledging the match outside of the finisher. Cutting to Kaitlyn mid match for a secret admirer bit.

If they had given these two ten minutes and let them wrestle more, combined with commentary putting the match over, that would be great. AJ going over, considering she is the number one contender, was a good move though.

jmdajr

Tapping out to AJ's excellent submission move is not a bad thing, for fuck sake, it's not like jobbing to Kelly Kelly. Besides, as good as Natalya is in the ring, she still needs alot of work to appear more natural in skits and promo's.

If you wanna get upset, than be upset at the commentary. Six people there, who knows why it included The Bellas. Cole just up and forgetting who Khali and Hornswoggle were supporting. Nobody even acknowledging the match outside of the finisher. Cutting to Kaitlyn mid match for a secret admirer bit.

If they had given these two ten minutes and let them wrestle more, combined with commentary putting the match over, that would be great. AJ going over, considering she is the number one contender, was a good move though.

Despite everything going against it, I think the segment succeeded.

Jitters

Ah, thanks.

I'm really crushin' on Scarlet Bordeaux, but I don't watch ROH. :(

The crowd was great for Raw last night, btw. I would have preferred if they made Big E defend the belt for Ziggler in the ladder match. That would have made E look great and , you know, like give him a taste of the gold for a future feud.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really crushin' on Scarlet Bordeaux, but I don't watch ROH. :(

The crowd was great for Raw last night, btw. I would have preferred if they made Big E defend the belt for Ziggler in the ladder match. That would have made E look great and , you know, like give him a taste of the gold for a future feud.

That's Bootaaay's waifu! Watch out, he'll lariat you!

Crowd was hot for all the expected stuff, but was so silent for Big E :( He came out with the chalk! The chalk!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, they were dead for that match. Poor Big E.

Hes got some Ahmed like gear though.

Big E would benefit for a little leg coverage though. I saw ungodly amounts of taint. Taint you've heard stories about, but always dismissed as hyperbole.

More taint than god.

tm24

Why is Sunflower obsessed with wrestling threads in the OT? Is this the next stage in his slow transformation into Wrassle-Gaf's Vince McMahon? I mean, he already has his own promotion and an obsession with big bodies. Is a wanting desire to become accepted by the mainstream next? Or this just an elaborate tease for GWF 2.0 and the debut of Mr Sunflower?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Sunflower obsessed with wrestling threads in the OT? Is this the next stage in his slow transformation into Wrassle-Gaf's Vince McMahon? I mean, he already has his own promotion and an obsession with big bodies. Is a wanting desire to become accepted by the mainstream next? Or this just an elaborate tease for GWF 2.0 and the debut of Mr Sunflower?

Sunflower will never be a character in his promotion!

*Two years later, Sunflower Family is in all major angles*

Nah, real talk - putting some of these topics in OT serves a couple purposes.

1. I want to see the thoughts and opinions of people who aren't us, who don't watch every week and sometimes not at all. I think there's value there.

2. Promoting wrasslin in a way

3. I'm up to no good

jmdajr

Someone has to be the ROCK of Wrassle Gaf.

Top Bottom