• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

XenoRaven

so why the heck the Triple H Brock thing still happening?
Because this time HHH's career is on the line!

For real this time guys. He really won't wrestle anymore if he loses! We all know HHH is a man of his word. Aren't you worried about the outcome?!?!?!?!?!!!?!

Apparently, Triple H is blaming Vince for keeping to ask him to compete.

It's not like he has an option to say no, use him to put over new talent instead. It's like how Cena doesn't have enough pull to say "Sorry Vince, I won't pointlessly ruin the Shield's build up in 3 on 1 circumstances." They're great people and do everything they do for the business, not to sate their own egos.

jmdajr

I don't believe Ultimate Warrior ever lost clean. All I can remember are his losses to Rude and Slaughter which involved outside interference.

Yup. Hell I was shocked when he lost to Slaughter. I couldn't believe Warrior could not survive a scepter to the head.

Aiii

So not worth it
And for our "fuck this company" moment of today:
After holding the United States Championship for 240 days through last month when he was upended by Kofi Kingston, Antonio Cesaro’s standing in WWE has been greatly curtailed as the Swiss grappler has lost the majority of his televised matches. For those wondering whether his demotion is as result of “heat” backstage, it is not. Rather, top WWE officials simply feel he lacks personality.

While addressing Cesaro’s current placement in WWE, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio Monday night that company brass believe that the former Ring of Honor standout is “boring,” resulting in his slide down the card. Some in WWE, however, are not in favor of the demotion, and believe Cesaro should be a headliner.

While Cesaro engaged in a match with Kingston two weeks on WWE Main Event that was well-received by management, it failed to alter his standing in the organization. Meltzer noted, “They don’t see him any higher than they did two weeks ago. There was lip service paid there for a week or two, but it’s over now.”

Fuck this company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
he needs a catchphrase.

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Let's be honest. Keep the beret - give him an unlit cigar, give him 80s style jackets and white dockers with loafers w/o socks, nothing but pastel colors...you got a character. Also sunglasses.

Aiii

So not worth it
Either give the guy more mic time or give the guy a manager to talk for him.

Wrestling booking isn't hard.

Bring up Chris Hero, put them in a tag-team, have a proper tag team division.

Seriously, the good thing about recruiting indy guys is that THEY KNOW HOW TO DO THE WRESTLING BY THEMSELVES.

Fucking soap opera writers should not be telling actual wrestlers how to do wrestling.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Let's be honest. Keep the beret - give him an unlit cigar, give him 80s style jackets and white dockers with loafers w/o socks, nothing but pastel colors...you got a character. Also sunglasses.
They've tried that type of silliness before, and it only serves to kill guys careers.

If only Cesaro looked younger, they could have tried to pass him off as Kane's son, and given him the mask. His hard hitting style would have been perfect.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Holy shit, fuck this company indeed.

I am legit shook that WWE thinks Cesaro has no personality and won't put him anywhere good.

bangai-o

Banned
They've tried that type of silliness before, and it only serves to kill guys careers.

If only Cesaro looked younger, they could have tried to pass him off as Kane's son, and given him the mask. His hard hitting style would have been perfect.

i thought you wanted Swagger to be Kane's son.

jmdajr

He should have dropped the title to Savage, Slaughter is a bit random.

Well the were headed into a Slaughter/Hogan feud and a Savage/Macho man feud.

I guess they felt the title was more important to the Hogan feud (USA,USA,USA), and the career on the line match was more than hype enough for Mania.

Plus, I think they had given up on Warrior. Unreliable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Seriously though, Stephanie McMahon running Creative is what is making this company run itself into the ground. She is just godawful at this stuff and is not remotely good at being a counterweight to Vince's bullshit either.

I hope once Vince is gone Triple H will be head creative and Steph can do the payroll or something.

jmdajr

It's all good guys. With a little more work Cesaro will have the personality of the likes of Jack Swagger.

Soaring Eagle was cool though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo this is fantastic. Gives him character and a personality.

I love it.

iHFCHiGkqdW9R.gif

Real talk Cesaro's look is perfect for pastels

jred2k

So they're pushing hard to make the wrestlers multilingual and also find a guy that can speak five languages boring.

How many weeks until Cesaro is a dancer?

UberTag

WrassleGAF should know better than to get worked up at the WWE's lack of logical booking decisions.
The Shield will be deemed "too boring" at some point, too.

Incidentally, there was a hockey game on last night that was the opposite of boring. Props to those of you who took the time to enjoy it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF should know better than to get worked up at the WWE's lack of logical booking decisions.
The Shield will be deemed "too boring" at some point, too.

Incidentally, there was a hockey game on last night that was the opposite of boring. Props to those of you who took the time to enjoy it.

Hockey? lol

slapping a charcoal briquette around on some ice with some sticks isn't impressive

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 5/13/

8pm: 3.79
9pm: 4.10
10pm: 4.25

Avg: 4.05

The amount of viewers went up each hour peaking at 10pm most likely the highest rating will be for Brock and thats why they put him last because he is a draw.

Top Bottom