• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, but Barrett is still garbage to the non-IWC wrestling world and I don't see Cesaro getting above that at his current trajectory. (For the recor, I can't remember anything Barrett's done for the past however long he's been back, and I'm actively trying. Imagine how the goldfish-for-brains Wuhweniverse fandom sees him.) And the Barrage at least has something for the fans to latch onto in terms of personality. As much as I love him, Cesaro fades into the background when compared to the colorful likes of Kane, DBry, Punk, Taker, Lesnar, SuperCena, Sheamus, Sincara, Ziggler and even the garbage tier Aimless Orton, Wildcat Kofi, Haitches, Del Rio, Zebless Swagger and Any Given Diva. Considering kids are the target demographic, it's not hard to see why the suits think he's dull.

Sad truth is that Cesaro's great wrestling probably isn't going to matter until the WWE cares at least as much about the wrestling than the garbage storytelling they can't do.

Do you even watch sitcoms brah? There are entire tiers of quality separating your examples here. Tiers. The qualitative difference between M*A*S*H and Saved By the Bell can fit in the space between 2 1/2 and anything else you could care to list. Twice.

Actually, I don't watch sitcoms except for Curb. But I've seen numerous episodes from Big Bang, 2 1/2 Men, and HIMYM. From various seasons. I totally put HIMYM on that level. Actually, I don't think I've even chuckled once during HIMYM. 2 1/2 Men at least have some shockingly dirty stuff that you have to laugh at it getting on CBS. 2 Broke Girls is also fucking terrible. All CBS sitcoms are fucking terrible. HIMYM is just as bad as the other drek. I'd rather watch Raw and ECW on TNN than any of those shows.

Also, I totally believe man went to the moon. OR DO I?!?!?!?!

Well the sun never sets on us so it's only fair we left something for you.

Despite the fact that the British never went to the moon, they were our staunchest allies during the Cold War, which is the period we went to the Moon. Show some respect.

*shakes bean's hand and Bootaaay's hand*

Just an FYI, I'm not from the US, though I currently live here. And I'm unwilling to disclose to y'all where I'm from just yet :p

Cagey

Banned
Yeah, but Barrett is still garbage to the non-IWC wrestling world and I don't see Cesaro getting above that at his current trajectory. (For the recor, I can't remember anything Barrett's done for the past however long he's been back, and I'm actively trying. Imagine how the goldfish-for-brains Wuhweniverse fandom sees him.) And the Barrage at least has something for the fans to latch onto in terms of personality.

Barrett is still garbage, it's just the IWC on the wrong side of the ledger this time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Seriously, Sunny could EASILY pass for Kane in those family photos that SoulPlaya has on his harddrive.

C'mon SoulPlaya, we need a comparison.
l.jpg

tumblr_mmsuieVhmQ1rkzyp8o1_1280.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'The human cyborg' Bill Goldberg - Tony Schiavone

Didn't uh.. Didn't really think that one through, did you Tony? Also, why isn't Ryback 'Thug life' Ryback now that he's heel?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
'The human cyborg' Bill Goldberg - Tony Schiavone

Didn't uh.. Didn't really think that one through, did you Tony? Also, why isn't Ryback 'Thug life' Ryback now that he's heel?

There are non-human cybernetic organisms you know. A dolphin with a mechanical fin, a dog with a cochlear implant, a leech brain computer, HUSTLE's Esperanza

strobogo

Banned
How can you be a pretty panda if you aren't even a panda? How are there people in the Injustice thread that don't think the designs are hideous? World may never know, bro.

Naito/Takahashi is the only appealing match so far. But those dudes weren't even feuding anymore when he left. I guess he can't come back and feud with the usual suspects since Shinsuke is a champ and Okada is a champ and Tanahashi is probably going to feud with Devitt(which will be awesome)

You crazy, Goto vs Shibata is where the awesomeness is at - Naito/Takahashi's going to be nothing. Colour me surprised if the match is anything more than Naito getting his win back.

I'm looking forward to see who they set up for Shinsuke to face. Also, Tanahashi said he wanted to defeat all the NJ Cup 1/4 finalists before he challenged Okada again, so he could take on either Ishii or Suzuki on this PPV, or face off against Devitt's BULLET CLUB faction in some way.

Bought my tickets for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Is Your Body Ready? The answer is yes!

That card is RIDICULOUS. There's literally no match I'm not looking forward to;

. 60 Minute Iron Man Match: Adam Cole vs Sami Callihan
. AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol vs The Young Bucks
. Kevin Steen vs Drake Younger
. DojoBros vs Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor
. Kyle O'Reilly vs Davey Richards
. RockNES Monsters vs Unbreakable F'n Machines

Steen vs Drake should be amazing. I'm of two minds about the main event - I'm sure Cole & Sami could work an awesome Iron Man match, but coming off of what's sure to be spotfest insanity in The Bucks vs Fox & Del Sol, firstly, I hope the crowd aren't too worn out by that point and, secondly, I hope Sami & Cole work a slower, story driven pace than you'd normally expect from a PWG main event.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All Goto/Shibata will be is Shibata doing his usual 5 kicks of death and Goto SHOWING HIS RESILIENT SPIRIT~~~~~~ and eventually jobbing. How can anyone be excited about a Goto match in 2013.

1. Because the crowd really care about it. Every time Goto's been in the ring with Shibata & Sakuraba, the crowd have been super hot.
2. Because Goto's not a terrible wrestler, regardless of his lack of personality/stoic samurai demeanour. This isn't Makabe we're talking about here.
3. Because shootstyle's fucking awesome! I hope this feud/rivalry never ends. And I can't wait for Sakuraba to heal so he can face Nagata.

Also, I enjoyed Goto vs Okada from the NJ Cup this year, Okada vs Goto from Dontaku 2012 was one of my favourite matches of last year and Goto vs Ishii was one of the most overlooked and underrated matches of last year;

Hirooki Goto (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii - (NJPW 05/20/12)

So, yeah, quite easy for me to get excited for a Goto match in 2013.

Aiii

So not worth it
So WrassleGAF, Cena is currently only four title runs (WHC or WWE) away from breaking Ric Flair's 16-time record. What will you do when he finally dethrones Ric Flair as most decorated wrestler and takes his place in wrestling as the best of all time?

So WrassleGAF, Cena is currently only four title runs (WHC or WWE) away from breaking Ric Flair's 16-time record. What will you do when he finally dethrones Ric Flair as most decorated wrestler and takes his place in wrestling as the best of all time?

I think it will be well-deserved. It'll be nice to have a record holder in wrestling who hasn't pissed on his legacy.

I'll stop watching goddammit. I will stop watching. I will quit. I WILL LEAVE

Flair booked himself to win all the time. Backstage politics. Cena actually EARNED his title shots.

Actually...Flair was only ever in charge of booking from late 1993 to 1994 when Hogan showed up. According to Steve Austin's book, Austin had a lot of animosity towards him because when Flair took over as booker, he kept Austin from the World Title territory and eventually sacked his entire push to the point where he went from US Champion to getting squashed by Jim Duggan in 21 seconds on PPV to a total jobber in 1995 before getting fired.

Toki767

Flair booked himself to win all the time. Backstage politics. Cena actually EARNED his title shots.

Not sure if serious. The only reason Cena gets title shots is because he's the face of the company.

In any event, Cena surpassing Flair will mean nothing in the end because the title doesn't mean anything today.

Not sure if serious. The only reason Cena gets title shots is because he's the face of the company.

In any event, Cena surpassing Flair will mean nothing in the end because the title doesn't mean anything today.
The belt is important because Cena is holding it. I've payed more attention to it now than ever before.
How many kids do you think Flair made a wish for? None!
He'd probably just bleed all over them anyways.

strobogo

Banned
I'd for real rather have HHH break Flair's record. He's much more of a successor to Flair than Cena in terms of pretty much everything. Cena is the successor to Hogan, not Flair. Give him another Royal Rumble win and he'll break every record Hulk had. No one needs to break 16 title wins. Flair doing it in the first place was pretty god damn ridiculous.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'd for real rather have HHH break Flair's record. He's much more of a successor to Flair than Cena in terms of pretty much everything. Cena is the successor to Hogan, not Flair. Give him another Royal Rumble win and he'll break every record Hulk had. No one needs to break 16 title wins. Flair doing it in the first place was pretty god damn ridiculous.

You know it's going to happen though, it's mathematically impossible given his track records of title shots and subsequent wins.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know it's going to happen though, it's mathematically impossible given his track records of title shots and subsequent wins.

He might not be able to though because he also has to squash Punk's WWE reign.

Unless... He held the WWE title the entire time and got multiple World Heavyweight reigns! Finally, a reason to watch Smackdown!

Aiii

So not worth it
He might not be able to though because he also has to squash Punk's WWE reign.

Unless... He held the WWE title the entire time and got multiple World Heavyweight reigns! Finally, a reason to watch Smackdown!

No such luck, the brand split is officially ended. They're not even running Smackdown/Raw Live Events anymore, they're just called WWE Live Event now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I liked Edge better as a heel than Punk. Might be my favorite heel since Owen.

Him and Lita just played off each other so well.

strobogo

Banned
Heel Edge was great until around 2008 or so. Whenever the feud with Batista happened. That never ending, agonizing feud. Maybe that was 2007. La Familia era. That shit was unbearable. And it only went downhill from there.

I ordered one once and the girl taking my order had to sing the song from the commercial through the drive thru speaker, then came the awkward moment when I pulled up to window and looked her in her cold dead eyes.

I felt so bad, if I'd known Jack 'n' the Crack was degrading their employees like that I would have never ordered it.

what?!?! where do you live that they make them sing the song.. im in So Cal and they dont

Top Bottom