• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

jmdajr

on the Metzler piece

Shortly thereafter, a scandal involving W.W.F. office employees who were accused of sexual impropriety was sandwiched by two steroid trials that threatened to fold McMahon’s business and send him to prison. McMahon’s cooperation ebbed, but Meltzer’s coverage of these dramas was inexhaustible, as it was for entries that took on a morbid regularity: eulogies for deceased wrestlers, many of whom were younger than 50, and many of whom Meltzer had counted as friends.

I don't remember a sex scandal

DKehoe

on the Metzler piece

I don't remember a sex scandal

There was a sexual harassment lawsuit filed where there were allegations made that young guys were forced into doing stuff otherwise they would lose their jobs.

This chat show from the 90s had an episode about it. About half way through there are a bunch of people from the wrestling industry up on the stage. Vince and Dave Meltzer are sitting next to each other for it. On a radio show on the observer site Meltzer mentioned that during a break Vince turned to him and said "well, this is the longest half hour of my life"

Crazy that Meltzer works 110 hour weeks. He never takes a break. I guess its good that he makes quite a bit of money for it at least.

jmdajr

There was a sexual harassment lawsuit filed where there were allegations made that young guys were forced into doing stuff otherwise they would lose their jobs.

This chat show from the 90s had an episode about it. About half way through there are a bunch of people from the wrestling industry up on the stage. Vince and Dave Meltzer are sitting next to each other for it. On a radio show on the observer site Meltzer mentioned that during a break Vince turned to him and said "well, this is the longest half hour of my life"

Crazy that Meltzer works 110 hour weeks. He never takes a break. I guess its good that he makes quite a bit of money for it at least.

Guess I'll be busy

Kaladin

Evolve 21 full lineup announced, and it's a good one! USA vs The World!

EVOLVE 21: USA vs. The World
Saturday, June 1st, 2013
Edge Concert Hall
(fomerly known as Plush)
845 University Blvd N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211
8pm EST. Belltime

USA vs. Japan #1
AR Fox vs. EITA

USA vs. Japan #2
Johnny Gargano vs. Tomahawk T.T.

USA vs. Mexico
Shane Strickland vs. Samuray Del Sol

USA vs. Europe
Caleb Konley vs. Tommy Taylor

Bonus Tag Team Main Event
The Young Bucks vs. Anthony Nese & Brian Cage

Special Challenge Match
Jon Davis vs. Chuck Taylor

Special Attraction Match
Lince Dorado vs. Jonny Vandal

Tag Team Attraction
The Bravado Brothers vs. Andrew Everett & Derek Ryze

AR Fox vs. EITA? Sign me up.

Kacho

Gold Member

Man, I remember that. What a crazy time in the wrestling business.

jmdajr

I'm pretty sure I just saw Road Dogg in the airport, first wrassler I've seen in real life. Weird feeling.

I remember I went to Ozzfest and Chris Jerhico and Bubba Ray Dudley walked right by me.
I was just like.......woooahhhhh. They looked pretty damn huge, and I was working out at the time.

I think I also saw Chris later that same day trying to get in the lower area without having a proper ticket.

I'm sure it's not a problem these days!

Kacho

Gold Member
I remember seeing Batista in the Best Buy I worked at years ago. He was buying a camera or camcorder in the Digital Imaging department. He wasn't as tall as I thought he would be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember seeing Batista in the Best Buy I worked at years ago. He was buying a camera or camcorder in the Digital Imaging department. He wasn't as tall as I thought he would be.

Yes he was! :(

AiD4zJf.jpg

it's Batista Week

Aiii

So not worth it
We really need a mod in here so Sunflower can be renamed to Kaneflower.

Or at least get a Kaneflower tag linking to that picture.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sorry :(

Also Sunny, you really should've recruited that girl that was with you and mechashiva into wrassleGAF. Would've brought a tear in ole' bean breath's British-loving eyes.

Not sure we are ready to have girls in here yet. I feel we have some maturing to do before we're ready for this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
and Christy will continue to make far more money than 99% of the roster that actually puts their body on the line. Because TNA!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Also Sunny, you really should've recruited that girl that was with you and mechashiva into wrassleGAF. Would've brought a tear in ole' bean breath's British-loving eyes.

Heh she has no interest in wrasslegaf, she's my roommate and wrestles too :p Too many marks like Mecha and I!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Make her a case study to see what would attract female posters into wrassleGAF. For science bean breath dammit!

ain't nothin wrong with a sausage party.

We have female members but I'm sure we're a tough nut to crack since Aiii went full creeper for AJ.

Aiii

So not worth it
ain't nothin wrong with a sausage party.

We have female members but I'm sure we're a tough nut to crack since Aiii went full creeper for AJ.

I think you'd actually find that most AJ pictures and gif's are not posted by me. It's just your perception. :S

Ithil

So Sami Callihan was pulled from a Japan tournament he was scheduled for later in the month. We know he's taking medical testing for a possible WWE contract, so sounds like he's most likely getting offered one soon.

After all the deathmatches he's done, medical issues were a lot more likely than other guys they've signed, so good news I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We really need a mod in here so Sunflower can be renamed to Kaneflower.

Or at least get a Kaneflower tag linking to that picture.

Also I don't look like Kane! And i can't have my Batista tag dreams shattered like that.

what?!?! where do you live that they make them sing the song.. im in So Cal and they dont
Nor Cal Newcastle upon Tyne. It was only once and I suspect that this JnB either has a lot of visits from a district manager or gets a lot of secret shoppers because they always have long, scripted greetings and farewells. It went something like this:

"Hello, welcome to Jack in the Box, I'm blah, blah blah blah. Would you like to try our new Hot Mess burger?"

"Um... yeah."

"Hot mess! Hot mess! Hot me-e-e-essssss!"

-awkward silence-

"Your total is blah blah at the first window."

Not sure we are ready to have girls in here yet. I feel we have some maturing to do before we're ready for this.
We should ease into it by having a Lesbian member first.

The thing with the old days when divas were allowed to be sexy, Vince always found away to ruin it somehow.

HLA? Bring 2 beefy guys to beat the shit out of them when things got good.

Bud light girls with Stacy and Torrie? Unpants the Coach when things get good.

Sexy pillow fight? Have King stand in the middle of the fucking ring so things would never get good.

And countless other examples, it's like they're trying to shame and make fun of their viewers.

WHY DO YOU DENY ME MY BONER VINCE? HUH?!!! ;_;

jmdajr

The thing with the old days when divas were allowed to be sexy, Vince always found away to ruin it somehow.

HLA? Bring 2 beefy guys to beat the shit out of them when things got good.

Bud light girls with Stacy and Torrie? Unpants the Coach when things get good.

Sexy pillow fight? Have King stand in the middle of the fucking ring so things would never get good.

And countless other examples, it's like they're trying to shame and make fun of their viewers.

WHY DO YOU DENY ME MY BONER VINCE? HUH?!!! ;_;

ULTIMATE TROLL

vince.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we all agree that we need to fulfill SunFlower's boyhood dream of having his name changed to KaneFlower.

Yknow what? Do your worst! It'll never happen, I'm invisible to modship. And they never do what you want! I have a better shot of being renamed Dave Batista.

KissVibes

Banned

Are people in this video laughing at the idea of men being forced to sleep with other men or am I misinterpreting the laughter in the beginning? That's pretty fucked up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are people in this video laughing at the idea of men being forced to sleep with other men or am I misinterpreting the laughter in the beginning? That's pretty fucked up.

Different times, it IS fucked up, but a lot of the "scandal!" things of the 80s and even 90s had being gay as a dark, evil, fucked up thing and people would joke about it and be shitty. We've come a long way (and still have a ways to go.)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So many dreams are coming true right now.

Not my dreams.

Kane-centric question because we're all ON KANE at the moment.

What was Kane's feud right after his debut feud with Taker? What did he move on to next? My memory is hazy.

Top Bottom