• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when Spindashing was AJ's #1 fan? He went about it with such class, too. Not like this Aiii character.

The darkest of dark times. NXT was insufferable at that point.

New page, let's talk NXT Season 1

lasUJyi.jpg

Is it just me or with the exception of Tarver, everyone did exceptionally well for themselves on the main roster? Not talkin main event, just as personalities?

mooooose

The last women in the video about WWF homosexual harassment was insufferable. "Why even go into wrestling? It's not a pure art form, it's tacky". Coming from a pretentious 90's yuppie who is 10 pounds too thin for her black turtleneck. I wasn't watching in the 90's, being honest, and I was not even born for this video but goddamn if this is what wrestling fans had to go through then, it's insufferable.

Aiii

So not worth it
Why is there suddenly all this heat on me? Did I accidently trip and have sex with teenage Stephanie backstage?

jmdajr

The darkest of dark times. NXT was insufferable at that point.

New page, let's talk NXT Season 1

lasUJyi.jpg

Is it just me or with the exception of Tarver, everyone did exceptionally well for themselves on the main roster? Not talkin main event, just as personalities?

I know that dude had beef with Cena. Trying to remember the context.

I think Tarver said Cena legitimately hurt him and Superman laughed off the whole incident.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still butthurt over them releasing Tarver, he had the look! The look! And he was spot on in his promos. Remember his old "I need to sell the product? I AM THE PRODUCT. WWE NEEDS TO SELL ME."

And Aiii has no heat, it's all jokes. Much like this kane thing.

All the first round matches for the CHIKARA 2013 Tag World Grand Prix this Saturday;

ioa4eEgOeaDxl.jpg

iXKP8sDgnLBp2.jpg

iDHqGJbAoi7Oy.jpg

ioGRsNkE6mJ3D.jpg

ib1bt2wPPgdJ8B.jpg

i6QoDB7cslFQf.jpg

i93MEJrcVwyAy.jpg

ibvxTIMtVag16h.jpg

The first round show takes place in the afternoon, the finals in the evening;

http://www.chikarapro.com/events.php

I'm guessing it'll be Pieces of Hate vs The Devastation Corporation, Lovelace & Saturyne vs Zero Gravity, The Colony vs The Young Bucks & The Colony: Xtreme Force vs The Batiri, then The Devastation Corporation vs Lovelace & Saturyne & The Young Bucks vs The Batiri, Devastation Corporation vs The Young Bucks in the final.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pulling for the Spectral Envoy, Los Ice Creams, and The King Diamontiri

Ithil

I finally got around to watching Tanahashi vs Okada from the last month, what an awesome match. Had that "massive fight" feel that lived up to said hype, ad I didn't even know what anyone was saying., and it was with simple one-on-one booking with a clean finish, no nonsense shenanigans.

The severe lack of prestige in WWE's two World titles is keenly felt after seeing that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm still butthurt over them releasing Tarver, he had the look! The look! And he was spot on in his promos. Remember his old "I need to sell the product? I AM THE PRODUCT. WWE NEEDS TO SELL ME."

And Aiii has no heat, it's all jokes. Much like this kane thing.
What?

Pulling for the Spectral Envoy, Los Ice Creams, and The King Diamontiri

I'd kinda like to see Los Ice Creams get a decent run one day, this could be a good tournament to do it in and it would make for a big upset in the first round. I'm definitely pulling for The Batiri, though.

Ithil said:
I finally got around to watching Tanahashi vs Okada from the last month, what an awesome match. Had that "massive fight" feel that lived up to said hype, ad I didn't even know what anyone was saying., and it was with simple one-on-one booking with a clean finish, no nonsense shenanigans.

The severe lack of prestige in WWE's two World titles is keenly felt after seeing that.

One thing the big Japanese promotions do really well is highlighting the prestige of their titles - the whole ceremony before and after the match, the little intro IWGP title matches have that list through all the previous champions, etc. And, yeah, just because someone's a heel doesn't mean they're incapable of winning matches clean. The cowardly heel archetype wouldn't bother me quite so much if it wasn't what WWE resort to 75% of the time.

BFIB

WWE's titles today basically equate to WWF's European Title in the 90's.

I think I'm going all NJPW with just WWE PPV's here and there. Sunflower, Aiii, Bootaay, and Falling Edge's recommendation of NJPW has sold me on their product. Shit is top tier.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE's titles today basically equate to WWF's European Title in the 90's.

I think I'm going all NJPW with just WWE PPV's here and there. Sunflower, Aiii, Bootaay, and Falling Edge's recommendation of NJPW has sold me on their product. Shit is top tier.

That's how I do, and if something is noted as being exceptionally good (ie Saturday Morning Slam w/Cesaro vs Kofi, etc) I go out of my way to see it. NJPW is mandatory viewing for me, WWE PPVs I may watch after the fact, if something goes down.

Kind of a shame, really - I want to support what they're doing with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins (and a little Ambrose) - and Extreme Rules should be an awesome showcase for all of them.

Hands down the Shield's breakout star is Roman Reigns. I've never seen a man with such a good look in quite some time. He's the star, baby!

BFIB

That's how I do, and if something is noted as being exceptionally good (ie Saturday Morning Slam w/Cesaro vs Kofi, etc) I go out of my way to see it. NJPW is mandatory viewing for me, WWE PPVs I may watch after the fact, if something goes down.

Kind of a shame, really - I want to support what they're doing with Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins (and a little Ambrose) - and Extreme Rules should be an awesome showcase for all of them.

Hands down the Shield's breakout star is Roman Reigns. I've never seen a man with such a good look in quite some time. He's the star, baby!

There's a lot in WWE that I want to like. Shield being one, Ziggler/AJ another, and obviously Punk.

But then for all the positives I weigh in, the negatives far outweigh the rest. WWE seems to be their own worst enemey at this point. I miss the WCW competition. :(

Ithil

I'd kinda like to see Los Ice Creams get a decent run one day, this could be a good tournament to do it in and it would make for a big upset in the first round. I'm definitely pulling for The Batiri, though.

One thing the big Japanese promotions do really well is highlighting the prestige of their titles - the whole ceremony before and after the match, the little intro IWGP title matches have that list through all the previous champions, etc. And, yeah, just because someone's a heel doesn't mean they're incapable of winning matches clean. The cowardly heel archetype wouldn't bother me quite so much if it wasn't what WWE resort to 75% of the time.

Absolutely, Okada was a heel in the match, but not because he was cheating and cowardly, just because he was cocky and full of himself over Tanahashi. All this comes through without any words from the wrestlers and not understanding the commentary, it's all non-verbal stuff. Meanwhile across the ocean, you've got Sheamus acting like an absolute dickhead while the commentary screams "WHAT A GREAT GUY, YOU SHOULD LIKE HIM, HE'S THE GOOD GUY". There's always room for a cowardly worm of a heel, but like a monster heel, they should be kept to a smaller number of the heel roster, so that their impact remains fresh (if ALL the heels are weak cowards, then there's no point in hating any one of them more than the others, killing a possible main event heel).

Also, I've heard the whole Japanese Cena thing for Tanahashi, and while I'm sure that comes across in his general booking, considering he is the same age as Cena and has been wrestling equally as long (maybe even longer), the difference in their performance level is staggering. No wonder the Japanese crowd haven't turned on him like the US crowd turned on Cena, he's still exciting and energetic, and any victory he would have had in that match would have felt earned.

They also did something I really love, where the climax is not "50 thousand finishers), but instead it's constant attempts to hit said finishers. Only two Rainmakers actually hit in the match, but there were lots of attempts countered, and the first one was only kicked out of because there was like a 15 second gap before the pinfall attempt. The second was a decisive ending (after that great exchange trying to hit the Tombstone). That's what you call a satisfying ending. Compare that to the shitfest that was Rock/Cena II, where it's "ten thousands finishers, then one of them randomly ends the match". Wow, thrilling.

Christ I wish someone who actually liked wrestling was in charge of WWE.

I actually see them all being breakout stars, if they are kept away from Vince's mindless booking, that is. They've all got the stuff to be top guys, and I'm sure that is the intention with the Shield, to make them all stars, not just one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also want to say I think Vince gets a bad rap. He's a huge fan of the old style of wrestling, and loves the things we love. I don't know where he goes off the rails or why, but I know he loves a lot of shit he doesn't put on TV. :(

Poor Vince

Ithil

I also want to say I think Vince gets a bad rap. He's a huge fan of the old style of wrestling, and loves the things we love. I don't know where he goes off the rails or why, but I know he loves a lot of shit he doesn't put on TV. :(

Poor Vince

I'm sure he has a love for wrestling deep down, but as long as he keeps it buried and dead on TV, I can't give him any sympathy. Practically every single thing he does nowadays is a bad decision. Many of his problems stem from the fact that he has no life outside of running the WWE. He's got no grasp on where wrestling is in the wider world, how the industry is right now, how pop culture is, and it shows in how outdated his ideas are. He's still doing the Hulk Hogan thing with Cena despite it alienating half his audience. Many of the problems the WWE has, are easily fixed. There are a few fundamental issues that would take a long time to address (such as the lack of prestige in titles, the lack of Tag or Women's divisions), but a shit load of their problems could be fixed very easily with a few changes.

I know it's all "IWC guy thinking he can be a booker", but if I can see some very basic problems and the very basic solutions, why can't Vince, with all his experience?

Vince always seems to be at his best when his backs against the wall.

That's when he has to be open minded and try out new things. The bubble of monopoly he's in now basically turned the WWE (or rather, RAW and PPVs) into not a wrestling show or even a sports entertainment show, but the equivalent of Vince playing with a dollhouse but on primtime TV.

BFIB

I'm sure he has a love for wrestling deep down, but as long as he keeps it buried and dead on TV, I can't give him any sympathy. Practically every single thing he does nowadays is a bad decision.

Vince always seems to be at his best when his backs against the wall.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's time we did a Wrasslegaf Shakedown.

It's time for your Fave Fives, and add in some hows and whys.

1. Shinsuke Nakamura - he can do no wrong, the most exciting and fun wrestler to watch personally. Can't wait to see the stuff he did in Mexico.
2. Kazuchika Okada - Defending champ, showing us all WHY he is the champion. Wonderful dude, immensely entertaining, and even though I love him I also love to see people fuck with him and slap him upside his head. Sells it all well.
3. Roman Reigns - I mentioned earlier that he's going to be the breakout star. Amazing physical presence, ranks up there with Goldberg's WCW presence and current day Lesnar. Just amazingly physical without having to SEE anything physical to prove it.
4. Brock Lesnar - even with how WWE's mishandled him, he still manages to be a huge draw and I love to watch him work. Such a natural.
5. Minoru Suzuki - I never liked the guy, but his build to Dontaku and performance made me appreciate him for all the right reasons and I can now say I legitimately enjoy him - a lot.

Bottom of the Barrel Award:
Brodus Clay. I wish he would go away. :(

Gonna board the 16 hour flight in a bit. Time to hop up on some cold & flu pills to get the fuck to sleep.

Safe travels, enjoy your pok cass.

BFIB

Here's mine:

1. CM Punk: Though he's hurt, he is by far, the most old school WWF style guy I've seen in a long, long time. His feud with Undertaker was legendary, way better than Takers last few WM feuds. Hard worker, even makes Cena look halfway decent. That says a lot to me.

2. Dolph Ziggler: Despite being booked poorly the 2nd half of 2012, he continues to fight the system and was rewarded with the WHC. Sure, he oversells, but thats part of what makes wrestling great.

3. Kazuchika Okada: Only been catching up with Kaz the past month or so, but the amount of prestige he takes holding the strap, its something I've sorely missed in pro wrestling. Charisma everywhere, hard worker. Him and Punk is a dream matchup of mine.

4. AJ Lee: Its a shame she is stuck in such a shitty time for WWE "Diva's". Put her in some matches with Trish, Lita, Molly, etc. and it would be something special.

5. Bully Ray: LOL TNA. But he has in the later years of his career, become one of the best heels in a while. Shame he is stuck in some shitty feuds, deserves better.

Bottom of the barrel:

Tensai. Giant Bernard worked so well in Japan, I knew him signing with WWE was going to end badly. And it has.

Should be future endeavored:

Brodus Clay. Tugboat bad.

Ithil

My current fave five:

1. Daniel Bryan. Eternally topping my list and with good reason. His hot tag on RAW alone gets him to the top. Even in a tag team that doesn't display his full skills, he shines.
2. The Shield - Totally cheating with three guys here, but whatever. They are all fresh, exciting and absolutely entertaining. Ambrose's promos, Rollins' insane bumping and Reigns' spears are a highlight of WWE
3. Bray Wyatt - He is really heating up on NXT now, with his stable taking gold, he's just a great character, and once again, he's fresh, talented and endlessly entertaining. I'll include his stable members in here too (because Brodie Lee is awesome)
4. Bully Ray - While his stable is still pretty lame, he's a guy that found his prime near 20 years into his career, and that's great. He's a great character, and even a good wrestler now. Not bad for Buh Buh.
5. Kazuchika Okada - He's a badass, plain and simple. A really great take on the "cocky heel", with the skills to back it up

HM: Antonio Cesaro, for being great even as a jobber, Paige, for being a breath of fresh air in WWE women's wrestling, and Emma, for being Emma. Also CM Punk for not even being there, but leaving such a massive hole behind.

My Janus Award goes to Paul Levesque, for building the future of WWE and trying to modernize a dated industry, and Triple H, for being an insufferable and tiresome waste of TV time.

I'm gradually breaking into other promotions like NJPW, PWG and SHIMMER. I like Chikara but unfortunately they don't have live shows that regularly.

jmdajr

Tensai is getting paid good money. I don't think he's bent out of shape about anything.
If he's faking it he's doing a pretty good job of looking happy out there.

krae_man

I just thought of something. Seeing as how John Cena just single handedly took out the shield by himself. We're on track for Never Before Never Again repeating itself.

Anth0ny

2. The Shield - Totally cheating with three guys here, but whatever. They are all fresh, exciting and absolutely entertaining. Ambrose's promos, Rollins' insane bumping and Reigns' spears are a highlight of WWE

Are they really? The potential is there, and they've been having solid matches, but I feel like they've been doing the same fucking thing since they debuted months ago. Any singles match involving any of the members ends in a DQ where they run in. The characters haven't gone anywhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are they really? The potential is there, and they've been having solid matches, but I feel like they've been doing the same fucking thing since they debuted months ago. Any singles match involving any of the members ends in a DQ where they run in. The characters haven't gone anywhere.

This is why Extreme Rules is interesting, they are broken up into two different matches. Gives them the opportunity to showcase more than 3-on-1 tactics. Looking forward to that.

I don't hate Ambrose anymore! That's the real news!

jmdajr

Might be the case, but when it comes to WWE I put them up there. I'd rather watch them then a ton of other competitors

Aiii

So not worth it

They have been amazingly well established. Sure it took months, but they look strong.

In fact, they'll bring alot of prestige back to the US and tag titles if they keep booking them strong after they win them this sunday.

Ithil

Well I didn't mention characters, I mentioned bumping, promos and moves. They are beginning to move forward from the establishment phase, anyway, ER has them in two title matches and they're starting to have more singles matches.
While they were used as a plot device a lot, HHH's approach to stories is long term, so I'm sure the period of establishing them as a top team that can beat anyone if they work together was all intentional, even if it could have had more of a driving story. Now they're moving into the next phase, where they start amassing titles and having more individual feuds.

As it is, it's the Fave Five wrestlers, not stories. I love all three guys in the Shield, and how they're handling being brought into the main roster in a major spot, so they're right up there.

Fave Five

1. Kazuchika Okada - with a bunch of great matches to his name already this year, I'm interested in seeing where Okada's 2nd title run takes him. The match with Makabe should be a good test for him - Togi's super popular (why, I don't know) but it'll be a struggle for Okada to get a main event out of him that comes close to any of his recent main event matches. As for why he's no.1 in my fave five, the dude pretty much has it all. Charisma, confidence and ability in spades. The next few months are going to be very exciting, with Naito returning to shake things up, the G1 Climax Tournament imminent and a rematch with Tanahashi somewhere over the horizon.

2. Prince Devitt - quite simply the best Jr. Heavyweight wrestler in the world today. His matches are always top notch. Devitt's been the face of the Jr. scene in New Japan for a good three years now, but with his heel turn, his new BULLET CLUB faction of gaijins and a brewing feud with Tanahashi, he could very well break out in a big way and maybe even transition into the heavyweight division.

3. Minoru Suzuki - probably my favourite guy to watch wrestle on the whole New Japan roster. Suzuki's such a wonderful wrestling technician and his character and mannerisms are all just perfect. It also helps that he's so very unique compared to the rest of the roster, which he plays up upon perfectly and is a good reason why Tanahashi vs Suzuki was my Match of the Year for 2012. Suzuki-gun suffered a heavy defeat over the past few PPVs, so it's hard to tell where they'll go from here and whether the feud with CHAOS has been called off for the time being. I'd like to see some new members. Shibata & Sakuraba would be a good fit, or Yano & Iizuka could defect from CHAOS.

4. Daniel Bryan - despite the 'whatever' booking that permanently surrounds WWE, Daniel Bryan is still a major highlight of every show he wrestles on. The guy has seriously made the best of his situation and is super over, which gladdens my heart as he really is one of my all-time favourite wrestlers. Bryan's a guy who knows the in's and out's of wrestling, he knows how to make everything he does compelling and it totally shows in the way the crowd reacts to him, whether he's in control of a match, working over a hold and doing all he can to make it look believably painful, or whether he's isolated and looking for his chance to escape and make the hot tag. The crowd react superbly for Bryan, he's ridiculously over and the only danger now is with WWE dropping the ball.

5. Daisuke Sekimoto - since 2011 I've been raving about Daisuke Sekimoto. He was impressive before then, but in 2011 he really stepped up his game and since then every single match of his has been a must watch for me. Whether it's in Big Japan or All Japan, Sekimoto absolutely tears it up in the ring, without fail. He's one of the most impressive big men wrestlers in the world today and has a real knack for pacing and structure in his matches that make them a joy to watch.

Honourable Mentions;

. Ricochet - I really can't say enough about how impressive Ricochet is. Sure, Del Sol does some AMAZING things in the ring and it's great seeing PAC succeed in WWE, but Ricochet has very much taken up the mantle of best highflyer in the world and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see WWE take notice in the future.
. Shigehiro Irie - I would love to vote Irie higher, but we get so little DDT these days, it's hard to follow. His match with Omega was great though and it's awesome to see him gain success in DDT.
. Yuji Okabayashi - this past year it seems Yuji's making a concerted effort to step out of Sekimoto's shadow and, while he's not quite there yet, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him rise above his tag partner sometime this year.
. Michael Elgin - such an impressive powerhouse who is absolutely tearing it up wherever he goes. As great as Elgin is, I couldn't put him in the top 5 because he really needs to learn to rein in his matches and not go overkill at every opportunity.
. 'Mr. Touchdown' Mark Angelosetti - if it wasn't for Okada, Touchdown would have been my vote for most improved of 2012 and he's continued that trend in 2013, to the point where every Touchdown match, be it for CHIKARA or one of the many Wrestling is spin-off's, is a must-see for me.

Bottom of the Barrel Award

. The Miz - I just can't bear to see him pushed as a face. I really can't, it's painful and so very, very forced. I also fear that WWE are going to keep forcing it until he gets the reactions they want.
. Bo Dallas - he's funny looking. Also, I don't like the attempt to leech popularity from Neville for Bo's benefit. I don't think he'll ever be anything in the WWE other than another Ted Jr.
. Ryuji Ito - he seriously needs to be gone from the main event scene already. He's in worse shape than ever, his scarred up belly is fucking disgusting and I dislike how his matches have become everything about deathmatch wrestling that I hate.

From time to time Johnny Gargano does q&a's on his Facebook page. Last night I told him I'm setting the over/under at 7 for super kicks in the him against Matt Jackson at Evolve 20. I then asked him should I take the over or under. He thought about it and then said take the over. In very excited about this show.

Anyone else wager a guess?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
. Bo Dallas - he's funny looking. Also, I don't like the attempt to leech popularity from Neville for Bo's benefit. I don't think he'll ever be anything in the WWE other than another Ted Jr.

Joke posts are frowned upon here Bootaaay.

Seriously though. Suzuki made a lot of headway with me. I also started thinking - there's actually a LOT of wrestlers in WWE that I really do enjoy, the booking is just so ehhoghiofhfg that it's tough to support.

I feel bad Cesaro isn't on my list, or Big E, as they're both treats.

mechashiva said:
From time to time Johnny Gargano does q&a's on his Facebook page. Last night I told him I'm setting the over/under at 7 for super kicks in the him against Matt Jackson at Evolve 20. I then asked him should I take the over or under. He thought about it and then said take the over. In very excited about this show.

Anyone else wager a guess?

I'm going for 12 superkicks.

1 from Jackson off the ropes.

1 after Jackson wriggles out of the Lawn Dart.

5 in a row back and forth, enzirguri from Gargano, both guys fall down.

1 after Gargano tries for the Slingshot Spear

1 after Jackson misses the springboard X-Factor.

2 in a row from Jackson, Gargano avoids the third.

1 from Gargano, Baby Ace Crusher, Hurts Donut, 3-count.

Sunflower said:
Seriously though. Suzuki made a lot of headway with me. I also started thinking - there's actually a LOT of wrestlers in WWE that I really do enjoy, the booking is just so ehhoghiofhfg that it's tough to support.

I feel bad Cesaro isn't on my list, or Big E, as they're both treats.

Definitely - I've enjoyed what I've seen of Big E so far and Cesaro is so damned good, it's all the more galling to see him used so worthlessly by WWE and, like you said, it's hard to support that shit, no matter how good a wrestler he is.

XenoRaven

1. CM Punk - His inclusion at #1 is probably unfair since I don't watch WWE anymore and he's not even on TV right now. But whenever I think about wrestling, I think about CM Punk. He makes virtually any angle he's involved in entertaining. He makes anyone he gets in the ring with look good. Dolph Ziggler claims to be the guy stealing the show, but for me, it's ALWAYS Punk. He's the ONLY reason I would ever go back to WWE. Hope he gets healthy soon.

2. Minoru Suzuki - I'm still very new to NJPW, but this guy made a big impact on me for some reason. He's like...the perfect heel to me. Looks mean, tough as hell, is a bully, and he's both confident and capable in the ring. He doesn't run Suzukigun because he's the best at cheating. He runs it because he will whip your ass if you step out of line. That's the type of heel I like to see.

3. Kazuchika Okada - The relatively recent adoption of the term "swag" has angered me to the point that I don't even like using the root word swagger anymore. But Okada personifies it. He exudes class and confidence both out of the ring and in it.

4. Daniel Bryan - I'm just really happy the guy has found a place in the WWE and I hope he has a long, enjoyable career and makes a lot of money. I'm glad he recognized he can't get over based only on his wrestling skills. It's just not possible in his current environment. A lot of people thought he was just another technician with no personality. It's obvious he dispelled that idea a long time ago. One day I'll make one of these lists without his name on it.

5. Katsuyori Shibata - I had a hard time picking between Hirooki Goto and Katsuyori Shibata for #5. They both looked great in their match at Wrestling Dontaku. Shibata's intensity puts him just slightly over the top for me, even though I was rooting for Goto. I like guys that have that "I will kick your ass" look. It's more than just being really strong or fit. It's in the mannerisms, facial expressions, and the in-ring execution. Shibata has all of it, and that's why he makes the list.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5. Katsuyori Shibata - I had a hard time picking between Hirooki Goto and Katsuyoru Shibata for #5. They both looked great in their match at Wrestling Dontaku. Shibata's intensity puts him just slightly over the top for me, even though I was rooting for Goto. I like guys that have that "I will kick your ass" look. It's more than just being really strong or fit. It's in the mannerisms, facial expressions, and the in-ring execution. Shibata has all of it, and that's why he makes the list.

hSXVO1G.png

I also want to say about CM Punk that it's obvious WWE had no problem continuing on without him - and his return could be amazing, it really could. WWE is not visibly hurting without him around and, well, this could be the best thing.

Yes I know that's the wrong Shibata.

Striker

They have been amazingly well established. Sure it took months, but they look strong.

In fact, they'll bring alot of prestige back to the US and tag titles if they keep booking them strong after they win them this sunday.
It's going to be a problem if they have no one to really feud with. They can go places with the tag belts, but there will need to be balance of some sort, otherwise the heels look good all the time. What good does that do for the faces, and why should people be cheering for them? It's better for the faces to be underdogs in this role, but they'll need to find contenders for it. Right now I'm not sure there is any.

As for the US title, assume Ambrose gets it, but there's little for him to go against right now. Look at the faces throughout that aren't in a tag team: Santino, Kofi, Miz, R-Truth, Sin Cara (who has been out, and really hasn't been booked well in forever), or Zack Ryder. Jobbers.

The only decent competitors they can throw at him with any sense of belief is someone like Christian, Sheamus, Orton or one half of Hell No once they split. But truthfully, to me they'll just be props.

Top Bottom