• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Aiii

So not worth it
Brie is never going to let Bryan wrestle, and we all know who the boss is in that marriage, so lets not kid ourselves.

Luschient

I've been listening a lot to Jim Cornette's podcast

tumblr_inline_oipg4xH5ok1uatsyp_500.gif

Fox318

Maybe Daniel Bryan will be fine. Haven't doctors outside of WWE's purview cleared him?

Somebody who has had that many concussions shouldn't be working especially when they have not changed their style at all.

Say what you want about HHH but when he injured his quads he changed his style because he couldn't do the old shit.

Its a fake sport but Bryan still wants to do flying headbuts.

ReiGun

Maybe Daniel Bryan will be fine. Haven't doctors outside of WWE's purview cleared him?
Apparently.

Still, concussions ain't nothing to fuck with and I feel like if there's enough of a risk that some doctors say he needs to chill, he should be heeding that more than he is.

I don't think Bryan is so fragile he'll die from one bump, but he should be taking his health more seriously with a kid on the way.

Caderfix

If doctors said it's ok, I won't second guess them. People just like to act as if Bryan is going to die the instant he laces his wrestling boots.

If WWE was really oh so concerned about the safety of their employees then they would force everyone to take that same CTE test Bryan took. But they won't, and we all know why. Wrestling's dangerous, folks. No two ways about it.

Sephzilla

A guy who's openly bragged about having as many concussions as he's had should not be allowed to participate in any kind of high contact sport/activity.

Fox318

If WWE was really oh so concerned about the safety of their employees then they would force everyone to take that same CTE test Bryan took. But they won't, and we all know why. Wrestling's dangerous, folks. No two ways about it.

It was definitely a case of pick and choose.

If this was Cena they would have swept it under the rug.

Plus they clearly are still bitter that he got over more than any star Vince has tried to make since 2004

Caderfix

A guy who's openly bragged about having as many concussions as he's had should not be allowed to participate in any kind of high contact sport/activity.

As long as trust worthy doctors say he can still do it, I disagree. According to Bryan, only WWE's doctor didn't approve his return.

Tagyhag

It was definitely a case of pick and choose.

If this was Cena they would have swept it under the rug.

Plus they clearly are still bitter that he got over more than any star Vince has tried to make since 2004

I don't know if they're all bitter, but Vince definitely was.

Let's be honest, when he heard about the scans' results he must have been ecstatic.

Finally a way out and it's a way that fans can't turn on the company.

I suspect this may have been answered before, or be common knowledge, but how often does Larioto update his amazing NJPW spreadsheet? I've only just subscribed a few days ago, and having caught up with WK11 and the Okada-Shibata match, I'm curious if there's anything else in the last few months I should see before Super Juniors starts.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If doctors said it's ok, I won't second guess them. People just like to act as if Bryan is going to die the instant he laces his wrestling boots.

He's concussed himself so much that he was having seizures. It's one thing to take a few bad bumps, it's another thing to Shibata yourself.

Do we really need to quote Dave's Observer post from 2000 again, where he said Bryan was openly bragging about already having 3 concussions

He was fucking 18 back then

There are 30 year old NFL players who retire nowadays just because they finally got that third concussion of theirs and they know "this is fucking stupid, not worth it at all, and I need to stop"

I suspect this may have been answered before, or be common knowledge, but how often does Larioto update his amazing NJPW spreadsheet? I've only just subscribed a few days ago, and having caught up with WK11 and the Okada-Shibata match, I'm curious if there's anything else in the last few months I should see before Super Juniors starts.
Naito vs Elgin from New Beginning in Osaka.
Kenny vs Ishii from Wrestling Dontaku and NJPW cup night 2

ReiGun

WWE not giving a fuck about the health of their employees is a known fact. But that doesn't excuse Bryan from apparently not giving much of a fuck about his own health. Dude's got an out most don't get before it gets too bad; he should more seriously consider taking it.

He is British monsoon on GAF

Caderfix

Do we really need to quote Dave's Observer post from 2000 again, where he said Bryan was openly bragging about already having 3 concussions

He was fucking 18 back then

There are 30 year old NFL players who retire nowadays just because they finally got that third concussion of theirs and they know "this is fucking stupid, not worth it at all, and I need to stop"

As I said before, if I was in his shoes and doctors I trust cleared me to do what I want to do, I would. If doctors cleared him, I won't act as if he's about to die or say the doctors are wrong. Now if he doesn't adapt and the number of doctors telling him to stop increases, then I'll agree with the majority.

I'm pretty sure WWE not clearing Bryan is less 'fuck this guy who got over organically' and more 'hey we literally have like a billion people suing us over concussions right now so maybe we shouldn't let the dude who hid post concussion seizures from us wrestle'.

I mean, there's a chance Bryan is into the double digits when it comes to how many concussions he's had in his career.

Daniel Bryan on future after WWE contract ends - "If I feel like my health is good, I love to wrestle, and I'm gonna go wrestle" https://streamable.com/w2fds

Not shocked. RIP

The kid isn't going to be enough to change his mind. Pretty clear now
There is no fucking way Brie lets him wrestle.

jmdajr

I'm letting this political shit storm get to me. You can say whatever...life goes on, but well...just pissed.

"If you won't do the job and put me over, you're fired!"

Kaladin

God damnit PWinsider now has an ad playing with video and sound that you can't block or turn sound off. There is a line with these things.

In the history of pro wrestling When have someonees wife stop stop one from wreslting?
Bryan said in the video he'd wrestle if and Brie agreed his health was good. And Bryan seems like the kind of happy husband who wouldn't run out on his wife and child to go to the bingo halls.

Now watch him do exactly that in a years time because I've cursed it.

Kaladin

What bugs me the most is how the rest of the world is basically sitting back and not doing anything. The US going the way of Russia is bad for everyone.

Lot of people are saying Trump firing Comey could be the beginning of the end for him as it could be unconstitutional, but I don't see that. At the very least Comey could turn whistle blower.

Dragon Lee vs Takahashi. I think it was on New Beginning? Regardless. It was fucking ridiculous and they'll have a rematch at BOSJ

Zach

I think the most disheartening part -- and I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore -- is that Republicans are trying to obstruct investigations and stuff. I know it's infuriating, but it's also just really sad. Party over country. Yet they're seen as the true, god-fearing patriots of America. Because of flag pins on their lapels and stuff.

I just pray to American Jesus that we will overcome these dark days. I hope so much that there is a WWE Backlash before it's too late.

Top Bottom