• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

C_b4o2UVYAIHPMz.jpg:small

C_b4o2VVYAAINKB.jpg:small

Zach

Hey all. Was asked to post in this thread instead of (accidentally) derailing another:

I've been listening a lot to Jim Cornette's podcast and been watching a lot of attitude era WWF, and had a thought...

How long has it been since HHH/Steph were hailed as good guys? Yeah, I get it - they're trying to emulate Vince and so on, but I think about when Shawn Michaels was commish, and when Stephanie (and Linda) aided Stone Cold against Vince/Shane, and how they were able to get a big push (towards themselves and their sponsored good guy) versus playing the asshole.

For years, especially with Roman/Rollins, the Helmsleys have been used to push the new babyface with mixed results. And like you all said earlier, the heels kinda suck lately. Perhaps if those two would switch sides, the Powers that be could step aside and let the bad guys be bad.

And also, is the only thing that can save Reigns is to undergo a "Rocky Maivia" to "The Rock" transformation? Or is it already too late?
Welcome to Where the Big Boys Play. I eagerly await your Fave Five.

So it's pretty obvious Borton is gonna reverse Jinder's New American Dream Slam into a RKO at the PPV right?

I thought I saw it coming on Smackdown when Jinder grabbed him but they went with the 'make the challenger look strong for a week so people think the title has a chance of changing' thing instead.

Have a look at it, perfect for screaming OUT OF NO WHERE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ then falling back to sleep while Randal continues on another pointless, boring reign.

Zabka

So it's pretty obvious Borton is gonna reverse Jinder's New American Dream Slam into a RKO at the PPV right?

I thought I saw it coming on Smackdown when Jinder grabbed him but they went with the 'make the challenger look strong for a week so people think the title has a chance of changing' thing instead.

Have a look at it, perfect for screaming OUT OF NO WHERE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ then falling back to sleep while Randal continues on another pointless, boring reign.

Jinder's gonna win because vascularity. And devious minorities.

I feel it in my bones.

Syder

SD off to a bad start

Takes Randy 5 minutes to start talking

JBL says 'THA MAHARAJA' and I want to shove a spoon in my eye

Jinder's Primo was weak. That whole segment was bad.

Usos with a good showing.

Overall weak show.

Yep, the whole show was pretty bad. Especially the Rowan and Harper match.

What I'm beginning to notice, and perhaps this is just because of UK but I doubt it, but WWE has this tendency to jam every star into every minute of TV. There was NO reason for that womans match to have the kind of intros it did. What happened to people running in during or after a match and stories being furthered that way? Not every promo or match needs to have 3+ people coming out to talk about the other person. What happened to matches where a hot star faces a mid-carder and their feuding opponent comes out to mess with them via the crowd or just hovering around?

I think they do that kinda stuff more especially on tours where you don't want to leave a fan out in the cold not getting to 'pop' to their fav wrestlers entrance or something?

So everyone there gets shoved into the show to say HELLO ENGLAND!

The one and only live show they've ever done in my city (Wellington, New Zealand) was way back in 2006 lol. :( So I know I'd appreciate seeing my fav just make an appearance, cause who knows when they'd be back.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh fuck off. It is 10:40 PM here. Nobody ever posts in my primetime apart from Pikma and excelsiorlef, and even then it is only often when a NJPW show is on most of the time.

We need to stick together against the US bias, not fight amongst ourselves. United front.

I'll put this out there. I posted about getting on the drink with a fellow wrasslin friend and friend of LPOTL and The Lapsed Fan, I'll post a link to his last band (where he did vocals) but he is starting a new pro-wrestling focused band where they will bust each other open and do bumps etc with refs doing security work and things of that nature. It should be pretty fucking fun.

I think it is SFW but could offend religious people etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5iyIqkRdZ0

Foggy

Huh, the new DNA show consists of a bunch of matches between DDT veterans and the DNA guys. I'm definitely going to check this out.

imBask

Banned
I'll put this out there. I posted about getting on the drink with a fellow wrasslin friend and friend of LPOTL and The Lapsed Fan, I'll post a link to his last band (where he did vocals) but he is starting a new pro-wrestling focused band where they will bust each other open and do bumps etc with refs doing security work and things of that nature. It should be pretty fucking fun.

I think it is SFW but could offend religious people etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5iyIqkRdZ0

It does offend my ears

Top Bottom