• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

GivingEntireJabiru.gif

You guys have my back right?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There are a lot of sanctions that "allies" of the US could try to apply to squeeze Trump and get him to fall in line. Despite what people think the US isnt the center of everything

What sanctions would they levy that the US wouldn't do right back at them? You expect other nations to cost their own people products, jobs and money for the sake of fixing some other nations fuck up?

Not going to happen. USA made this mess, they get to clean it up.

Sephzilla

What sanctions would they levy that the US wouldn't do right back at them? You expect other nations to cost their own people products, jobs and money for the sake of fixing some other nations fuck up?

Not going to happen. USA made this mess, they get to clean it up.

Because fuck preserving democracy and human rights. Glad "fuck you got mine" is international

As I said before, if I was in his shoes and doctors I trust cleared me to do what I want to do, I would. If doctors cleared him, I won't act as if he's about to die or say the doctors are wrong. Now if he doesn't adapt and the number of doctors telling him to stop increases, then I'll agree with the majority.

And as I've said before:

Considering
he claimed he'd work a safer style after his first major stint away in WWE,
he came back the next week doing headbutts on top of a ladder at Mania,
he did a jumping one off a forklift the following PPV,
and he's on the record lying about not having concussion seizures to his employer,

I don't for a moment believe him or his word.

And if you go "well doctors", I don't believe his doctors either. Shibata had doctors clear him right up through the Okada match. Bryan had doctors clear him after the Nigel matches and ringpost spots. One headbutt didn't do all that damage, it was years of headbutts, years of concussions. Actually nah, honestly? Decades of headbutts, decades of concussions. Football players have done less damage to themselves, AND been enabled and supported for doing it less, AND stepped aside far earlier.

People will still enable and support Bryan and Shibata, but I'm not, because they're dumb as fuck at best, evil at worst for continuing to endanger themselves and their opponents in the ring (don't think Okada wasn't concussed by that fucking stupid headbutt too) while risking their lives and their families' livelihoods (still no word post-affair but I had heard around that time Shibata's fiance was expecting, and obviously Bryan does have a kid on the way).

Zach

Daniel Bryan should wrestle until he dies and then I will raise Birdie Joe as if she were my own son OwensIsNow. End of discussion. Period.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Because fuck preserving democracy and human rights. Glad "fuck you got mine" is international

Shall we preserve democracy in the US the same way the US preserves democracy elsewhere in the world?

juuG5AN.jpg

EDIT: Anyways, this has nothing to do with Wrassling, so I'm done. Sorry for the derail.

Caderfix

That's a good post, Sweeney, and I see where you and many others are coming from.

My stance is basically this, I'm willing to give Bryan the benefit of the doubt regarding his style, he may have messed up before but this time around he lost years of his career and was even ok with retiring for a while and is close to being a father, so I believe he can and will adapt if he gets the chance to.

As for the the doctors, I don't think they expect the patient to do something super stupid like what Shibata and Bryan did multiple times, so I do believe in them and still consider their diagnose enough back up to move forward. It all comes back to trusting the person going through the health issues to behave accordingly. If Bryan doesn't do that, it'll get worse for him, but I don't agree with acting like the parties involved don't know what they are doing or that a terrible outcome is inevitable.

Syder

People will still enable and support Bryan and Shibata, but I'm not, because they're dumb as fuck at best, evil at worst for continuing to endanger themselves and their opponents in the ring (don't think Okada wasn't concussed by that fucking stupid headbutt too) while risking their lives and their families' livelihoods (still no word post-affair but I had heard around that time Shibata's fiance was expecting, and obviously Bryan does have a kid on the way).
Yeah, I'll pass on seeing another Shibata match. Dude was the walking dead after that Okada match. Same goes for Bryan too.

Recall

So the Goldberg Blu ray is pretty fun. Got gifted it and have had no qualms watching through it.

Son has loved the shorter high impact matches, and every time Goldberg is any peril, even just for a second he gets really worried but all it takes is the sudden spear and he cheers.

I have zero desire to watch the WWE matches on the set. Fuck you 2003.

Sephzilla

Dwayne's considering running in 2020

I genuinely don't think it'd be worse

Similar to when Ventura and Arnold won governor offices, we're going to see a surge of famous people try to run for president in 2020. As sad as it is, Rock is a better candidate than Trump. That being said, he should go for a Senator seat or something first and build up some credibility before he takes a shot at the title.

Naito vs Elgin from New Beginning in Osaka.
Kenny vs Ishii from Wrestling Dontaku and NJPW cup night 2

Thank you.

Dragon Lee vs Takahashi. I think it was on New Beginning? Regardless. It was fucking ridiculous and they'll have a rematch at BOSJ

Thanks, added to my list.

Oh, and whoever mentioned the NJPW World spreadsheet, I'll try and get it fully updated before BoSJ starts.

no pressure whatsoever, it's such magnificent work that I've got a giant backlog to work through.

If he cant be bothered showing up for Wrestlemania once a year, can The Rock be trusted to show up for OUR TROOPS?

- Paid for by Triple H for president.

Zach

Celebs running for president is going to be a thing now. Kim Kardashian will run in ten years.

It doesn't matter. The president just needs to be thoughtful, compassionate, competent, and well-intentioned. Our current president checks none of those boxes.

Top Bottom