• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Lot of people are saying Trump firing Comey could be the beginning of the end for him as it could be unconstitutional, but I don't see that. At the very least Comey could turn whistle blower.

Lots of people are baited on every single piece of the puzzle that's been coming out. People continue to get baited and their hopes up, but then defeated when nothing happens. If anything is going to happen it wont be within days/weeks of a "scandal". Nixon's watergate took almost 2 years to finally come to fruition so don't expect the same here.

FWIW there were a lot of liberals who wanted Comey gone, and now that he is the same ones are screaming for impeachment from the mountain tops.

It's a weird ass time in the US, no way around it.

The fuck do you want people to do? you guys have the biggest army in the world

Pretty much. We act like the world's police and leader 24/7/365, then when it all collapses under our own weight we expect people to rush to our defense when we've spent decades telling them we can take care of ourselves AND themselves just fine.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What bugs me the most is how the rest of the world is basically sitting back and not doing anything. The US going the way of Russia is bad for everyone.

Please explain what actions you would like the rest of the world to take that wouldn't result in them being completely and utterly fucked.

Tall4Life

Lots of people are baited on every single piece of the puzzle that's been coming out. People continue to get baited and their hopes up, but then defeated when nothing happens. If anything is going to happen it wont be within days/weeks of a "scandal". Nixon's watergate took almost 2 years to finally come to fruition so don't expect the same here.

FWIW there were a lot of liberals who wanted Comey gone, and now that he is the same ones are screaming for impeachment from the mountain tops.

It's a weird ass time in the US, no way around it.
Comey was dumb and jeopardized the election but the situation changed and he was investigating Trump for his Russia ties. Crazy that a person's opinion can change and adapt based on the present situation and context, crazy fucking thought!

Zach

Speaking of dark days, this 2010 thread is something else. Some of you guys (it's actually mostly dudes I don't recognize) treated women about the same way WWE did at the time...

Unrelated to the misogyny:

*masturbates furiously*

Filth, RBH! Filth!

Sephzilla

Please explain what actions you would like the rest of the world to take that wouldn't result in them being completely and utterly fucked.

There are a lot of sanctions that "allies" of the US could try to apply to squeeze Trump and get him to fall in line. Despite what people think the US isnt the center of everything

Comey was dumb and jeopardized the election but the situation changed and he was investigating Trump for his Russia ties. Crazy that a person's opinion can change and adapt based on the present situation and context, crazy fucking thought!

Hey, I'm not defending what happened just pointing out an observation of things. Hence my follow up comment of things being crazy in the US right now.

I just never want to see another quote from McCain again that blow hard

Tall4Life

Speaking of dark days, this 2010 thread is something else. Some of you guys (it's actually mostly dudes I don't recognize) treated women about the same way WWE did at the time...

Unrelated to the misogyny:

Filth, RBH! Filth!
Could you expect anything otherwise from a dirty Atlanta fan and *pukes* a WCW supporter?

Sephzilla

Dude, we follow you with everything. We will be with you every step.

Admittedly the UK has its own mess to clean up. I'm just worried because the next probable step Trump is going to do to deflect attention away from Russia might be to start bombing Korea

Beefy

Zach

Oh yeah, how about all four black guys in the SummerSlam 2010 main event being eliminated by the halfway point? There were 14 dudes in that match and you're telling me these guys just had to be eliminated #1, #2, #4, and #7. C'mon. Before that dork Heath Slater? C'mon. Heath Slater who had two eliminations? C'mon.

I think the best part is that after Summerslam, they still try to make the Nexus a thing and just bury them further.

They tried to have them get their heat back the next night and scapegoat one member (Tarver?), alas the heat was gone.

Though Barrett himself managed to endure for a few more months as a solid heel before the literal burial by chairs.

Kaladin

I probably watched literally one minute of that whole storyline. Just blips as I fast-forwarded. Because it seemed like complete trash.

I should note, that it's around this time, maybe a bit before that HBK and Cena had their 45 minute Raw match that always makes best of lists.

Kaladin

HBK/Cena in the UK was after WM23 around april/may?
The JBL storyline I think was before WM25, before the Taker stuff.

That's right. I remember I connect it with the JBL thing because they had a rematch in that storyline that was ruined by the ongoing storyline.

Kaladin

Beefy, nooo.

It's Rockstar friend.

expect-delays-300x300.jpg

Top Bottom